What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

This is fantastic news........and I was sort of expecting this.
The Chinese members here must be excited and very proud, of this news...............because this is going to be one hell of a fighting warship, and the fact that I have called it the 'Beast' in the past seems very appropriate!

I wonder if this vessel will be built in the hallway at JN shipyard next to the hallway where the current construction of the 052D is taking place.
Also, it will be interesting to see if the first 055 is built, in what we would expect a normal timescale for this vessel to be, or whether the construction of the vessel is fast tracked, as was the case of the first 052D no '172'.

I remember even just a year ago, that American military sites were saying that the Chinese 055 Cruiser was just a Chinese dream...........well with the mock-up at Wuhan, and now this steel cutting ceremony of the 055 at JN shipyard........it looks like the Chinese have got the last laugh. :-)

Last edited:
:yahoo: yahoooooooooooooooooooooo
i was expecting next year, but this is great news.

We now seem to have 2 threads on the 055 Warship................please could the administrators here move the posts from the newly created thread into this thread........thanks! :-)

within few month we'd hv more pics```:P

no, it doesnt hv 12,000 written on it, but 055 is to be considered to have 12,000 normal displacement, and its full load will be close to 13,000 tons

Nice man :china:

This is fantastic news........and I was sort of expecting this.
The Chinese members here must be excited and very proud, of this news...............because this is going to be one hell of a fighting warship, and the fact that I have called it the 'Beast' in the past seems very appropriate!

I wonder if this vessel will be built in the hallway at JN shipyard next to the hallway where the current construction of the 052D is taking place.
Also, it will be interesting to see if the first 055 is built, in what we would expect a normal timescale for this vessel to be, or whether the construction of the vessel is fast tracked, as was the case of the first 052D no '172'.

I remember even just a year ago, that American military sites were saying that the Chinese 055 Cruiser was just a Chinese dream...........well with the mock-up at Wuhan, and now this steel cutting ceremony of the 055 at JN shipyard........it looks like the Chinese have got the last laugh. :-)
LOL ... West media laugh Chinese dream, even 'cheaper' China FN-6 MANPADS can shoot down 'expensive' F-16 in Iraqi .:coffee: I think right now American will change attitudes to Chinese weapons :D, the ISIS provided the shooting F-16 video on internet, i just saw it.

Last edited:
LOL ... West media laugh Chinese dream, even 'cheaper' China FN-6 MANPADS can shoot down 'expensive' F-16 in Iraqi .:coffee: I think right now American will change attitudes to Chinese weapons :D, the ISIS provided the shooting F-16 video on internet, i just saw it.

You believe that crap? Old footage.

The construction of a monster ship like this can only mean that China has a long-term aim to challenge the US Navy.

If they want to challenge the U.S. Navy, they are going to need an even bigger destroyer.:-)

201713544.jpg

201713547.jpg

201713551.jpg
201713555.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom