What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Only two Type 055 DDGs will be built for the experimental phase, and the mass production version will be the Type 055A.

BTW, the Type 055 is about 12000 tons standard, and it is likely that the Type 055A will get as big as the DDG-1000.

make sense, though building 10 of them or 6 like 52C would still be good. Probably not 2 though, that's a waste of effort and money as well as time on designing the ship.

China does build a few and move on to the next phase in an effort to catch the US, if and when we match or exceed the Zumwalt, we will be set for naval operations for the next 20 years at least, as the US won't build something far better than that for at least that long.

make sense, though building 10 of them or 6 like 52C would still be good. Probably not 2 though, that's a waste of effort and money as well as time on designing the ship.

China does build a few and move on to the next phase in an effort to catch the US, if and when we match or exceed the Zumwalt, we will be set for naval operations for the next 20 years at least, as the US won't build something far better than that for at least that long.

I am pretty that the Type 055 series will have much larger number than the Type 052 series, considering that we will build more than 20 Type 052 series DDGs at least.

疑中国万吨055隐身舰开工 助航母远洋战-20141230凤凰视频-凤凰视频-最具媒体品质的综合视频门户-凤凰网

What if China has 20 of this beast in the coming 10 years, together with 15 units of 052D and 6 units of 052C DDG. Can i call the PLA navy the most powerful navy in this region?

Not to mention the 22 units of 054A and the coming 057 frigartes, as long as with 50 plus of 056/056A covette

No one can challenge CHina in the east sea and South CHina sea.

Then why not Algeria go for license production of Russian Corvette and FAC which has VLS Missiles about 15 of each???
My advice is that PN shall go for 054A

44.jpg
11.jpg

33.jpg

bridge Electromagnetic testing model

3dd85d5bg9e40024d75ed&690.jpg

22.jpg

052D with cheaper price can beat the shit out of MEKO-200, Algerian is crazy.
If to was up to me I would go with the O52D a lot better as you said it is bigger and carry more weapons but that's the Arab.

But what is the cost of the O52D

Last edited:
If to was up to me I would go with the O52D a lot better as you said it is bigger and carry more weapons but that's the Arab.

around $550 million per unit (production cost),

The best selling points for the Type 052D is its four panels AESA radar and versatile VLS.

This makes its more advanced than the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, but the only disadvantage is its tonnage.

Back
Top Bottom