What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Did I say next year or a year later after in service?
Why is everyone here being silly about saying the 055 will be outdated quickly?..........i mean its probably the newest, most technically advanced Destroyer class at present in the world? Of course future classes or iterations of the type 055 will have better tech, but to suggest that a warship class, in which even the lead ship is barely a year old, needs a MLU, is beyond ridiculous. I would imagine the first batch of type 055's not to have a MLU until at least the middle of the 2030's.

Why is everyone here being silly about saying the 055 will be outdated quickly?..........i mean its probably the newest, most technically advanced Destroyer class at present in the world? Of course future classes or iterations of the type 055 will have better tech, but to suggest that a warship class, in which even the lead ship is barely a year old, needs a MLU, is beyond ridiculous. I would imagine the first batch of type 055's not to have a MLU until at least the middle of the 2030's.
I just hope the next batch of 055s will be an upgraded version.

The words written by Henri Kehnmann was "out of fashion". Type 055 is still the most advance ship in China, probably among Asian navies as well.

What Henri Kehnmann meant is probably China watchers's attention will soon shifted to something more attractive, it may or may not be type 055.

We will see what the new attraction will be soon. May be a new aircraft carrier "004", may be a new boomer or nuclear attack sub, or may be new generation of navy weapons like laser and railgun and IEP type 055. We shall wait and see.

Why ? It just entered service in January 2020, so either the PLAN or its yards made a very bad job if the ship needs a major upgrade after only one year.
Some simply think the money just falls from the sky or grows at the "heavenly money tree" :laugh:

I know the German are relatively thrifty people even in today's world, so do Chinese people in general, though some nouveau riche may act completely different!

Some simply think the money just falls from the sky or grows at the "heavenly money tree" :laugh:

I know the German are relatively thrifty people even in today's world, so do Chinese people in general, though some nouveau riche may act completely different!

You are joked.

Better to spend 10 trillion USD (64 trillion yuan) on Chinese military ASATs, Subs, missiles, hundreds of thousands of ICBM nukes, stealth bombers and stealth long range fighters, ADS, ABM, EW R&D, ECM R&D, laser weapons, etc. Than pay that same amount to the usa over a bioweapon released on the world to blame China and stop the rise of China.

Increase China's military budget to an additional 2 trillion USD per year for the next 5 years.

bf310d5cly1grc3a64b8uj22ct1kju0z.jpg

Via @开心包子铺分铺 from Weibo

You are joked.

Better to spend 10 trillion USD (64 trillion yuan) on Chinese military ASATs, Subs, missiles, hundreds of thousands of ICBM nukes, stealth bombers and stealth long range fighters, ADS, ABM, EW R&D, ECM R&D, laser weapons, etc. Than pay that same amount to the usa over a bioweapon released on the world to blame China and stop the rise of China.

Increase China's military budget to an additional 2 trillion USD per year for the next 5 years.
We can do this:
1. Increase the number of N-weapons to 2000 to deter some crazy people from taking military risks.
2. Doubling the PLAN.
The PLAN will be to 8 heavy aircraft carriers + 8*075 + 8*076,
24*055 (055a),
72*052c / D / E,
80*054A / B and 100*056

China's shipbuilding capacity is 30 times that of the USA(per year 12 million tons:0.4 million tons)

The cost of shipbuilding in China is less than half that in the USA
055's cost is $0.9 billion.
Burke's cost $1.85 billion.

How does the USA respond to this situation?
Relinquish control of the sea?Or double the military spending? 10% GDP,like the Soviet Union?

We can do this:
1. Increase the number of N-weapons to 2000 to deter some crazy people from taking military risks.
2. Doubling the PLAN.
The PLAN will be to 8 heavy aircraft carriers + 8*075 + 8*076,
24*055 (055a),
72*052c / D / E,
80*054A / B and 100*056

China's shipbuilding capacity is 30 times that of the USA(per year 12 million tons:0.4 million tons)

The cost of shipbuilding in China is less than half that in the USA
055's cost is $0.9 billion.
Burke's cost $1.85 billion.

How does the USA respond to this situation?
Relinquish control of the sea?Or double the military spending? 10% GDP,like the Soviet Union?

I think 055 is not cheaper than Burke. The price of both ships are counted in USD, so 055 would look cheaper. But actually China paid 055 with RMB, not USD. Unless China imported some of 055 modules / techs with USD, you can't use USD to determined 055 true price / true value.

I think 055 is not cheaper than Burke. The price of both ships are counted in USD, so 055 would look cheaper. But actually China paid 055 with RMB, not USD. Unless China imported some of 055 modules / techs with USD, you can't use USD to determined 055 true price / true value.
The cost of 055 is 6 billion CNY, equivalent to $0.9 billion.

The cost of 055 is 6 billion CNY, equivalent to $0.9 billion.
You're right in common perception. Except that if the price that china must pay to build 055 is using usd, it will be more expensive than it is now

Back
Top Bottom