What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Four?? Which is the fourth?
Four?? Which is the fourth?
Well..........i too thought it was 4, as it was stated on Chinese Wiki that a 052D Destroyer had been commissioned elsewhere on the 23rd April, but it was later noted that the date had changed on that site to the 16th. Anyway 4 ships in just a few days is remarkable. Well if you go back to the 12th April another 052D was commissioned then..................so that's actually 5 major warships for the PLAN in one month. A 094 Nuclear Ballistic sub, the first 075 LHD, the 3rd 055 Cruiser/Destroyer and the 18th & 19th 052D Destroyers.

Seeing these great images................and with the 055 next to the 075 LHD. It makes you realise how big this 055 is. I mean i've been on a RN type 45, and that is a fairly big Destroyer, but nothing like the size of the 055. I can see why the Americans call the type 055 Cruisers!

One of the last few to be commissioned next year.

E0yN3nTVgAEhVx_.png

Is there any hint or news that the next batch of 055 has been starting its construction at present?

Henri Kenhmann posted this East Pendulum tweeter message on type 055.

"Type 055, 101 Nanchang, il sera très vite démodé..."
Chinese translation: 055型,101南昌,它会很快老式。。。
English translation: Type 055, 101 Nanchang, it will be very quickly old-fashioned ...

Is he indicating the new type 055B will be vastly different from 055A? Or the new star attraction in Chinese Navy watching will be focusing on something else like 003, 09IV, 09V or whatever?

Henri Kenhmann posted this East Pendulum tweeter message on type 055.

"Type 055, 101 Nanchang, il sera très vite démodé..."
Chinese translation: 055型,101南昌,它会很快老式。。。
English translation: Type 055, 101 Nanchang, it will be very quickly old-fashioned ...

Is he indicating the new type 055B will be vastly different from 055A? Or the new star attraction in Chinese Navy watching will be focusing on something else like 003, 09IV, 09V or whatever?

Maybe he is hinting 055B technological revolution from 055A like the rumored upgrade of electromagnetic railguns and integrated electric propulsion etc.

Kinda of like 052B to 052C/D. 052B is very quickly old-fashioned. If he meant other new star projects, I would think he would use words like "new love" or 'new interest" for the Chinese navy watching community.

Last edited:
Maybe he is hinting 055B technological revolution from 055A like the rumored upgrade of electromagnetic railguns and integrated electric propulsion etc.

Kinda of like 052B to 052C/D. 052B is very quickly old-fashioned. If he meant other new star projects, I would think he would use words like "new love" or 'new interest" for the Chinese navy watching community.
I bet PLAN will surely send 101 for a major upgrade on its next shipyard maintenance.

I bet PLAN will surely send 101 for a major upgrade on its next shipyard maintenance.

Why ? It just entered service in January 2020, so either the PLAN or its yards made a very bad job if the ship needs a major upgrade after only one year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom