What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

The deadly duo.
Will #103 or #104 be different such as being fitted with a railgun?

No, since they are already all out up to 106 I think and all are more or less the same, I think the later batch from Dalian has a revised smoke-stack however.

No more commissioning this year?
Le 4e destroyer Type 055 de série, 106 Yan'an, serait livré à la marine chinoise. Son admission au service actif devrait avoir lieu avant la fin d'année.

Henry K/ East Pendulum

FDB0KoragAEPx6n.jpg

WFT? Speak English man.
n’êtes-vous pas Canadien?

Any chance the x band mast will be added to a follow on to the Type 052DL design; a Type 052E, similar to the American Arleigh Burke AMDR?

3.2 billion CNY, equivalent to $0.5billion.

$ 500 million is too less for a ship like 052D. If it's indeed this price than I don't think Pakistan navy will be reluctant much to buy it citing cost reasons. Though operating cost may cause the nay.

$ 500 million is too less for a ship like 052D. If it's indeed this price than I don't think Pakistan navy will be reluctant much to buy it citing cost reasons. Though operating cost may cause the nay.
500 millions is the ship, not everything included. Just like fighter jet, you need missiles, bombs, parts, logistics, overhaul factory and many others stuff, as well as training, and other weapons to work with it.

500 millions is the ship, not everything included. Just like fighter jet, you need missiles, bombs, parts, logistics, overhaul factory and many others stuff, as well as training, and other weapons to work with it.

Good point. Still it won't make the ship cross $650 million and that's still less. But than again I know operating cost will also be high. So it's good (preferable) for Pakistan to arm low tonnage ships (2000-3500 ton) in numbers. They don't have endurance or more than 15-18 days but that's enough for a navy which have no plans of being a blue water navy

Good point. Still it won't make the ship cross $650 million and that's still less. But than again I know operating cost will also be high. So it's good (preferable) for Pakistan to arm low tonnage ships (2000-3500 ton) in numbers. They don't have endurance or more than 15-18 days but that's enough for a navy which have no plans of being a blue water navy
Agree with your point.

My two cents:

What's Pakistan Navy strategic and doctrine? Weapons are the tools work for strategy and doctrine.

Pakistan navy opposing force is India Air Force and India Navy. But Pakistan major threat is not from the sea, it's from the land, the east side.

At this stage, Pakistan Navy is designed to help Pakistan Air Force and Army to protect seacoast, push India submarine and Air Force further from seacoast.

The destroyer is designed to protect major navy assets in the open ocean, such as aircraft carriers. Aircraft carrier is not Pakistan navy priority in the near future.

On the other hand, Pakistan Air Force can do almost all the job of destroyer along seacoast. Land based anti-submarine aircraft, land based anti-ship missiles, land based surface-to-air missiles are much more cost-effective than destroyer, much more robust.

In summery, Pakistan Air Force is the major force to protect Pakistan East side and seacoast. While navy is complement, secondary at this stage.

Pakistan use budget smarter than India, and much more cautious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom