What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

A while ago I asked about the length of the VLS cell wether they are all 9 meter in length or not, needless to say no one seems to know, personally I tend to believe with absolute certainty that all of the 112 VLS cells are 9 meters in length, let us take the type 052C as example , the type 052C has 48 cells all of which are long enough to hold the HHQ-9 , the HHQ-9 is 6.8 meters in length , I don't see any reason why all the VLS of the Type 055 which is double the size of the 052C won't be 2 meters longer than that of 052C, therefore it would be safer for us to assume that all cells are 9 meter long unless if we get a visual confirmation that they are shorter or a confirmation from a well respected engineer involved in the project, all other leaks from anonymous sources on Twitter & Weibo that say they are shorter than 9 meters should be regarded as worthless.

img-afb23a3b7594b5d4ec778065875735d3.jpg
img-3ae5dd658fdf1f93347b38e9c289f324.jpg

A while ago I asked about the length of the VLS cell wether they are all 9 meter in length or not, needless to say no one seems to know, personally I tend to believe with absolute certainty that all of the 112 VLS cells are 9 meters in length, let us take the type 052C as example , the type 052C has 48 cells all of which are long enough to hold the HHQ-9 , the HHQ-9 is 6.8 meters in length , I don't see any reason why all the VLS of the Type 055 which is double the size of the 052C won't be 2 meters longer than that of 052C, therefore it would be safer for us to assume that all cells are 9 meter long unless if we get a visual confirmation that they are shorter or a confirmation from a well respected engineer involved in the project, all other leaks from anonymous sources on Twitter & Weibo that say they are shorter than 9 meters should be regarded as worthless.

052C using 7 meter version standard VLS system. for detail spec, obviously all china military asset and hardware is keep secret. if lucky some basic spec will be know.

Back
Top Bottom