JN 3rd 052D launched, DDG-174
jn-d3-jpg.225650

JN 4th 052D building, DDG-175
jn-d4-jpg.225651

JN 5th and 6th 052D building
jn-d5-jpg.225652

JN 8th 052D start building
jn-d8-jpg.225653

Interesting ! So Jane's assumes this new ship under construction not a carrier ... but why ??

Deino
Jane's has no answer, so didn't confirm whether it's a carrier ... and that satellite photos of DaLian shipyard is 2015-03-10 ... very old photos.

That's exactly my point - esp. since I don't know it - that they simply give no argument why they believe it not to be a carrier.

Deino

North China, DaLian type052D DDG building :tup:
112148b52w55ni5nb5l2wz.jpg

Can anyone please tell me what those white spots are on the ground. Are those painted on the photo or real markers?
I looked at old photos of the yard and didn't saw dots like that on the ground.

I thought I was seeing things... sSo I dropped this 1:1 scale photo of vessel 01 when docked at Dalian over it and well you can see yourself...

YQsMGQV.jpg

thats quite some many coincidences...

Edit: But then again if you only connect the outer ones and account for shadows hiding the bottom ones it could look like another freighter, buts that'd be a weird foundation.

Last edited:
Could it be that these dots are related to the previously build tanker ?? Size-wise it fits quite nicely if You look at the third image in the images in post [HASHTAG]#562[/HASHTAG] ?

Can anyone please tell me what those white spots are on the ground. Are those painted on the photo or real markers?
I looked at old photos of the yard and didn't saw dots like that on the ground.

I thought I was seeing things... sSo I dropped this 1:1 scale photo of vessel 01 when docked at Dalian over it and well you can see yourself...

YQsMGQV.jpg

thats quite some many coincidences...

Edit: But then again if you only connect the outer ones and account for shadows hiding the bottom ones it could look like another freighter, buts that'd be a weird foundation.
Ship modules building ... those ship modules need the reference point on ground.:-)
eabdbb014a90f603cfd54fc83b12b31bb151ed9c.jpg

1-130124031301E2.jpg

1.gif

2.jpg

Could it be that these dots are related to the previously build tanker ?? Size-wise it fits quite nicely if You look at the third image in the images in post [HASHTAG]#562[/HASHTAG] ?

Meant to say tanker not freighter in my edit. Yeah seems like that.
Carrier ship hull probably wouldn't need blocks laying arround at that position.

But then again the existing structure in the center doesn't strike me as a tanker either.

Back
Top Bottom