What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

A lot of Indians are letting the emotion of the moment get the better of them. Count yourselves lucky that your soldiers don't die daily, to the point that the concept of mourning has become saturated and the dead have become pure statistics. Border skirmishes are a part and parcel of a region this militarized and with such a rich history of bloody conflict. It is not because the monstrous and evil PA is trying to destroy the world; we are merely witnessing the dirty world of real world diplomacy. Even a minor attack by India against Pakistani assets requires an equally powerful response, in order to maintain the status quo as leverage. The Pakistani position in relation to Kashmir and as a genuinely worrisome adversary of India's is maintained by the presence of a formidable military on the border. When the IA undertakes any kind of adventure against these assets, their job entails them to reply in kind. The military is the greatest leverage either nation has in negotiations and in diplomacy. Naturally then, neither side can show weakness and goes out of its way to prevent the aura from being diminished.

I am all for peace and have said repeatedly that a strong and peaceful relationship with India is a necessity and also a personal dream. But while the expectations placed on Pakistan are high, the Indian angle is often, one of taking the moral high ground without the slightest evidence of having earned such a position. A peace between the two nations requires for those who understand the importance of friendly relations to move forward despite events perpetrated by those who benefit from conflict. How easy is it for such hawks that every time the slightest border skirmish takes place, people from both sides of the border begin screaming for blood. If we are to move forward from these events, then India and Pakistan, both, must look past these aberrations and try to establish peace. But the onus is on both nations, not just Pakistan. The Indian stance of waiting till the Pakistanis show some positive effort before they return the favor, completely ignores that they themselves have done nothing to extinguish the flames of misunderstanding and hatred over all these years.

The peace process cannot be one sided, even though both nations operate under such a delusion. Expecting one to make the first move, should not let the other wash it's hands of the travesty that is Indo-Pak relations. I will readily admit, Pakistan hasn't done enough for peace and a formidable faction within it benefits from this arrangement. But India has done just as little and it's military machine has benefited greatly from a cornered Pakistan as well. The root cause of a conflict always has two sides, members from both nations would do well to remember that.

Any evidence which shows PA was trying to push Militants? Any body of infiltrator which are with Indian Army?

I have no idea what happens to the bodies of the infiltrators the IA take out. You only have to see on this site- infiltrators are taken out trying to penetrate into India every few weeks.

We are UN members aren't we ? :what:

They should; instead of this jingoism created through a media frenzy, let us gather the evidence, prepare a case & take the other to court !

By the way Pakistan tried that with the Atlantique Incident but India argued that it doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the ICJ & so this cannot be arbitrated instead of arguing against Pakistan's case !

sir as far as my little knowledge ICJ is for war crimes not cross border disputes. and if soldier was killed RIP for him but beheading not able to digest that.

If Indian army doesnt retaliate then i am Ashamed of being an Indian...

We are UN members aren't we ? :what:

They should; instead of this jingoism created through a media frenzy, let us gather the evidence, prepare a case & take the other to court !

By the way Pakistan tried that with the Atlantique Incident but India argued that it doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the ICJ & so this cannot be arbitrated instead of arguing against Pakistan's case !

Don't think these incidents fall under it too.

Look! Both Pakistan and India are trying to become members of SCO, which is a defensive alliance. War rhetoric doesnt help!
This is what NATO has taken into consideration. That's entirely different topic and more players are involved.

But its more close to heart situation.

And open to exploitation from hawkish elements from both sides.

Agreed but I can see what the Pakistani "hawks" seek to gain from such incidents and how such things could happen on the PA side but what Indian "hawks" stand to gain and how they would go about creating this kind of incident is unclear to me.

Agreed but I can see what the Pakistani "hawks" seek to gain from such incidents and how such things could happen on the PA side but what Indian "hawks" stand to gain and how they would go about creating this kind of incident is unclear to me.

Take off your bias goggles then. :rolleyes:

10,000 Crore Rps budget cut. It affect few selfish parts within IA. Same way PA also do not want to decrease their defense budget.

Sikhs are alien to malyalis
Abe, Manmohan is Prime Minister. :lol:

Look who is talking about professionalism? Did not BSF kills our unarmed civilians, even inside our territory??!!

We also should take revenge of our dead souls.

A lot of Indians are letting the emotion of the moment get the better of them. Count yourselves lucky that your soldiers don't die daily, to the point that the concept of mourning has become saturated and the dead have become pure statistics. Border skirmishes are a part and parcel of a region this militarized and with such a rich history of bloody conflict. It is not because the monstrous and evil PA is trying to destroy the world; we are merely witnessing the dirty world of real world diplomacy. Even a minor attack by India against Pakistani assets requires an equally powerful response, in order to maintain the status quo as far leverage is concerned. The Pakistani position in relation to Kashmir and as a genuinely worrisome adversary of India's is maintained by the presence of a formidable military on the border. When the IA undertakes any kind of adventure against these assets, their job entails them to reply in kind. The military is the greatest leverage either nation has in negotiations and in diplomacy. Naturally then, neither side can show weakness and goes out of its way to prevent the aura from being diminished.

I am all for peace and have said repeatedly that a strong and peaceful relationship with India is a necessity and also a personal dream. But while the expectations placed on Pakistan are high, the Indian angle is often, one of taking the moral high ground without the slightest evidence of having earned such a position. A peace between the two nations requires for those who understand the importance of friendly relations to move forward despite events perpetrated by those who benefit from conflict. How easy is it for such hawks that every time the slightest border skirmish takes place, people from both sides of the border begin screaming for blood. If we are to move forward from these events, then India and Pakistan, both, must look past these aberrations and try to establish peace. But the onus is on both nations, not just Pakistan. The Indian stance of waiting till the Pakistanis show some positive effort before they return the favor, completely ignores that they themselves have done nothing to extinguish the flames of misunderstanding and hatred over all these years.

The peace process cannot be one sided, but this applies to both sides. Expecting one to make the first move, should not let the other wash it'shands of the travesty that is Indo-Pak relations. I will readily admit, Pakistan hasn't done enough for peace and a formidable faction within it benefits from this arrangement. But India has done just as little and it's military machine has benefited greatly from a cornered Pakistan as well. The root cause of a conflict always has two sides, members from both nations would do well to remember that.

sir i never understood one thing when India is trying to normalize relations with Pakistan why the hell it will try to escalate situation on border where it has nothing to gain as far as Pakistan bogey is concerned India has bigger bogey in form of China .

10,000 Crore Rps budget cut. It affect few selfish parts within IA. Same way PA also do not want to decrease their defense budget.

Abe, Manmohan is Prime Minister. :lol:

Agreed, one war machine vs another with complete disregard to human life.

Eorl ⚔;3781515 said:
Look who is talking about professionalism? Did not BSF kills our unarmed civilians.
Don't bring BD here. Raise it at more appropriate thread.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom