What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

Two Army jawans killed in an attack by Pakistan troops: sources | NDTV.com

Two Indian Army jawans were killed when Pakistan troops reportedly attacked an Indian Army post at Sona Gali in the Mendhar sector in Jammu and Kashmir.

Pakistani troops had reportedly violated a ceasefire on Sunday by firing mortar shells towards Indian army posts in Uri sector in Jammu and Kashmir near the Line of Control. The Army retaliated to the Pakistani shelling for a brief period. The Pakistani army alleged that one of its soldiers was killed and another was injured in the firing.

The Indian Army, however, had denied the occurrence of any such incident "where our soldiers have attacked any Pakistani post."

Lagey rahoo Munna Bahi........ This is a good bullshit story now Indian Channel as usual NDTV is making.......now they know after killing one Pakistani solider the UN and world countries are asking from India....they are trying to make stories against Pakistan...:yahoo:

sir as far as my little knowledge ICJ is for war crimes not cross border disputes. and if soldier was killed RIP for him but beheading not able to digest that.

Don't think these incidents fall under it too. ICJ might handle disputes between countries.

The ICJ site, under the sub-heading of Jurisdiction (Contentious Jurisdiction), says that : An international legal dispute can be defined as a disagreement on a question of law or fact, a conflict, a clash of legal views or of interests.

You can read through the rest of it section titled under the heading of 'Jurisdiction' & the 'Cases' it has heard to get a better idea !

Jurisdiction*|*International Court of Justice

Eorl ⚔;3781515 said:
Look who is talking about professionalism? Did not BSF kills our unarmed civilians.

When attempting to enter Indian territory. The BSF are merely doing their job- protecting their nation, from a distance you don't know whether someone is unarmed or a armed terrorist attempting to enter India to carry out some attack.

Irrelevant, BSF are not IA anyway.

Lagey rahoo Munna Bahi........ This is a good bullshit story now Indian Channel as usual NDTV is making.......now they know after killing one Pakistani solider the UN and world countries are asking from India....they are trying to make stories against Pakistan...:yahoo:

Our side is doing the same. Dont point fingers

The ICJ site, under the sub-heading of Jurisdiction (Contentious Jurisdiction), defines as : An international legal dispute can be defined as a disagreement on a question of law or fact, a conflict, a clash of legal views or of interests.

You can read through the rest of it section titled under the heading of 'Jurisdiction' & the 'Cases' it has heard to get a better idea !

Jurisdiction*|*International Court of Justice

ICJ will be overrun with the amount of disputes and LOC violations that happen regularly. I am not saying it's a bad suggestion..I am saying it's a bad idea.

Guys, i think something is going on at the border and Army had caped the media from the area. None of the communications towers are working near border villages. I tried to contact my relatives near the border and all phones are jammed.

in India too no one likes NDTV as too pro government.so the admiration is mutual.

A lot of Indians are letting the emotion of the moment get the better of them. Count yourselves lucky that your soldiers don't die daily, to the point that the concept of mourning has become saturated and the dead have become pure statistics. Border skirmishes are a part and parcel of a region this militarized and with such a rich history of bloody conflict. It is not because the monstrous and evil PA is trying to destroy the world; we are merely witnessing the dirty world of real world diplomacy. Even a minor attack by India against Pakistani assets requires an equally powerful response, in order to maintain the status quo as far leverage is concerned. The Pakistani position in relation to Kashmir and as a genuinely worrisome adversary of India's is maintained by the presence of a formidable military on the border. When the IA undertakes any kind of adventure against these assets, their job entails them to reply in kind. The military is the greatest leverage either nation has in negotiations and in diplomacy. Naturally then, neither side can show weakness and goes out of its way to prevent the aura from being diminished.

I am all for peace and have said repeatedly that a strong and peaceful relationship with India is a necessity and also a personal dream. But while the expectations placed on Pakistan are high, the Indian angle is often, one of taking the moral high ground without the slightest evidence of having earned such a position. A peace between the two nations requires for those who understand the importance of friendly relations to move forward despite events perpetrated by those who benefit from conflict. How easy is it for such hawks that every time the slightest border skirmish takes place, people from both sides of the border begin screaming for blood. If we are to move forward from these events, then India and Pakistan, both, must look past these aberrations and try to establish peace. But the onus is on both nations, not just Pakistan. The Indian stance of waiting till the Pakistanis show some positive effort before they return the favor, completely ignores that they themselves have done nothing to extinguish the flames of misunderstanding and hatred over all these years.

The peace process cannot be one sided, but this applies to both sides. Expecting one to make the first move, should not let the other wash it'shands of the travesty that is Indo-Pak relations. I will readily admit, Pakistan hasn't done enough for peace and a formidable faction within it benefits from this arrangement. But India has done just as little and it's military machine has benefited greatly from a cornered Pakistan as well. The root cause of a conflict always has two sides, members from both nations would do well to remember that.

We can't co-exist together.Peace with Pakistan will remain only pipe dream for generations to come .

Guys, i think something is going on at the border and Army had caped the media from the area. None of the communications towers are working near border villages. I tried to contact my family near the border and all phones are jammed.
Don't release such info on the forum. You can't disclose where there is action taken.

10,000 Crore Rps budget cut. It affect few selfish parts within IA. Same way PA also do not want to decrease their defense budget.
I can see how this might enter the minds of some but this is more than a leap to be honest. The budget wasn't cut because relations with Pakistan are improving more as an economic measure to help tackle the fiscal deficit. A $1.8 BN cut for the entire MoD is going to relate to a relatively minuet cut for the IA.

Guys, i think something is going on at the border and Army had caped the media from the area. None of the communications towers are working near border villages. I tried to contact my family near the border and all phones are jammed.

God help us. Lets hope things dont escalate. Its not in the interest of both nations to declare war. I think its saber rattling from both sides that is taking place

ICJ will be overrun with the amount of disputes and LOC violations that happen regularly. I am not saying it's a bad suggestion..I am saying it's a bad idea.

Not really they haven't a single judge sitting on his arse sifting through cases ! :rofl:

Besides its one incident we're talking about now every violation that happened hitherto !

Guys, i think something is going on at the border and Army had caped the media from the area. None of the communications towers are working near border villages. I tried to contact my relatives near the border and all phones are jammed.

Mate what do you think is going on??!! The IA just lost 2 men to enemy fire!

oh dear.....hope this does not turn into another Kargil...

Don't bring BD here. Raise it at more appropriate thread.

I brought the issue of unprofessionalism of BSF here, not BD. You kill our people even inside our territory.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom