What's new

Two Goods News for Pakistani's!

Thats interesting. But if we know for last few years, or atleast last year and uptil first quarter of this year we have been facing trade deficit. Imports>exports. So whats enhancing it?remittance alone?

There is reason remittances are called life line of Pakistan. But this govt. have taken new loans, floated treasury bills on very high interest rates which will be big bamboo if economy doesn't performed well and our exports doesn't increase.

There is reason remittances are called life line of Pakistan. But this govt. have taken new loans, floated treasury bills on very high interest rates which will be big bamboo if economy doesn't performed well and our exports doesn't increase.
Which is good or bad.
But wait issuing of treasury bills at high rate is a good sign , no?
Cuz gov slashes down interest rates when economy is doing meager and it wants to encourage more investment by local investors.
Yes iknow they have taken many soft loans. What azab.

Which is good or bad.
But wait issuing of treasury bills at high rate is a good sign , no?
Cuz gov slashes down interest rates when economy is doing meager and it wants to encourage more investment by local investors.
Yes iknow they have taken many soft loans. What azab.

If economy and exports pick up than it will be managed otherwise as usual again we will be near default and ask uncle sam or imf to bail us out or we will start selling nukes :lol: :pakistan:

If economy and exports pick up than it will be managed otherwise as usual again we will be near default and ask uncle sam or imf to bail us out or we will start selling nukes :lol: :pakistan:
Wuahahhaa @selling nukes,

NOOOOOO. iwont let them sell my country's nukes.
Shamain hides all nukes in a secret location ( suitcase may daal kay inside a small storage cabinet)

Guys i hve a question. Do foreign reserves of any country do speak of its stable growth and economy?

Isnt it an outdated measure. Just asking?

Outdated? It was never really a measure...

Neither is currency exchange rate a measure of an economy's performance when the market is not free.

Outdated? It was never really a measure...

Neither is currency exchange rate a measure of an economy's performance when the market is not free.
Free market matlab jitni demand utni supply.

Last edited:
Both Moodys and S&P have raised Pakistan's economic outlook. Pakistan is open for business!

Free market matlab jitni demand utni supply.

Free market meaning that the government doesn't decide the currency exchange rate by intervening in the markets again and again....Currently the bulk of the foreign exchange is in government hands. So they can influence the exchange rates as they please.

You will not be paying 60b at once, as far as you can easily pay installments all is well.
Increase in foreign reserve means that inflow of forex is more than out flow, it's good thing (but in case of Pakistan it will have negative effect beyond certain point as stronger rupee will make our exports expensive). Question should be what is the reason of increase, exports, fdi, remittances or new loans and aids.

you cant just bring your currency to crap so you exports get cheaper. Its the exporters job to do cost cutting and compete in the international market. I am sure currently our exporters enjoy 50% profit margin just the local industries. Plus there are other benefits of stronger currency since most of our product have 50% or or imports in it and also value added exports get cheaper too.

you cant just bring your currency to crap so you exports get cheaper. Its the exporters job to do cost cutting and compete in the international market. I am sure currently our exporters enjoy 50% profit margin just the local industries. Plus there are other benefits of stronger currency since most of our product have 50% or or imports in it and also value added exports get cheaper too.

Japanese yen is still weaker than Pakistani rupee, as per your logic yen is crappier than rupee.

Japanese yen is still weaker than Pakistani rupee, as per your logic yen is crappier than rupee.
No ithink he just means that in oder to support exports, it doesnt mean you should bring it down to real crap and depreciate highly.
Acha listen sometime back even china was artificially depreciating reminibi , so over that some other countries were creating noise. Why would they care if china does that.

Asalam-o-alikum,.

As a Pakistani ,its my proud to share the two good News, which were missed by our Media.

1. Foreign Exchange reserves at Highest level in the History of Pakistan which are at 17.491 Billion Dollars(Business Recorder)

2. Increase of Pakistani outlook from Stable to Positive by S&P!

Keep it up Pakistan, and keep going!

More good news needed, Thank You for sharing

Guys i hve a question. Do foreign reserves of any country do speak of its stable growth and economy?

Isnt it an outdated measure. Just asking?

Foreign exchange reserve of a country is similar to your personal saving account. So to answer your question, Yes.

I'm sure Lehman Brothers are top grade though, er 5 seconds before they collapsed.

You are a typical subcontinental dumbass ! Your line of argument (with anti-US overtones ofc ) actually deflates any kind of credibility which S&P or fitch provides which ultimately makes the point of the thread moot.

Think before u blabber in future !

Back
Top Bottom