What's new

TVS Motors to assemble vehicles in Bangladesh, ties up with state-owned co

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...es-up-with-state-owned-co-118052500477_1.html

TVS Motors to assemble vehicles in Bangladesh, ties up with state-owned co
This is the Indian auto firm's second manufacturing unit outside India, the first being in Indonesia
T E Narasimhan | Chennai Last Updated at May 25, 2018 16:02 IST

Share to Facebook8Share to TwitterShare to Google+Share to LinkedInShare to More

1520008767-8331.jpg

TVS Motor Company Ltd
STOCK PRICE - CLICK HERE FOR MORE

BSE 564.4522.40 (4.13%)

NSE 563.8521.30 (3.93%)

• BSE
  • NSE
12:0115:03530540550560570
12:01

TVS Motors is planning to assemble vehicles in Bangladesh in partnership with state-owned Atlas Bangladesh Limited. Outside India, TVS Motor currently manufactures vehicles only in Indonesia, through which it caters to both domestic and international markets.

While TVS Motor did not comment for the development immediately, Atlas Bangladesh confirmed it stating that a Corporate Partner Compromise Memorandum (MOU) was signed between Atlas Bangladesh Limited and TVS Auto Bangladesh Limited.

Under the agreement Atlas Bangladesh Ltd and TVS Auto Bangladesh Ltd will work for two years as corporate partners, and the former will assemble 15,000-20,000 units of TVS-branded motorcycles every year.

Apart from this, the two parties will also be signing an MoU soon, to produce important spare parts for Bangladesh Motorcycles, Atlas Bangladesh said.

Atlas Bangladesh Limited has access to government, semi-government, autonomous organisations, government procurement mechanisms (DPM) and open tender mode (OTM) motorcycle facilities. As a result of today's MoU, Atlas Bangladesh will be able to supply motorcycles directly to such entities.

Besides TVS, a number of Indian brands such as Hero and Ashok Leyland have started assembling vehicles of their brands in Bangladesh mainly to grab the tax incentives the country is giving for manufacturing products there.

Atlas Bangladesh assembled Hero-branded motorcycles for some time before Hero MotoCorp signed an agreement with Nitol Niloy Group in April 2014. The state-owned entity is now manufacturing motorcycles for a Chinese brand, the report added.

Man even Indians hate TVS.... their motorcycles are death traps. Much rather have hero operating in bd.

TVS brand is quite popular in Bangladesh, especially their apache motorcycles. Its nice to see that they have been thinking about establishing an assembly plants in Bangladesh which they should've done a long ago. But its better late than never.

Hopefully Japanese Yamaha and Indian Bajaj will also follow the path of TVS and Tata very soon.

Man even Indians hate TVS.... their motorcycles are death traps. Much rather have hero operating in bd.

Nah man. Hero lost their popularity in Bangladesh as soon as they got separated from Honda.

But yeah, rtr is infamous for it's proneness to accidents.

LOL

Blame stupid south Asian riders, not the product. Ban bikes and scooters across the region... they’re disgusting.

But yeah, rtr is infamous for it's proneness to accidents.
What do you mean?
Like Duke is infamous in India since irresponsible riders go too fast and crash?

TVS is the future. Their quality is improving at a tremendous rate and they've decided to have a "racing heritage". They manufacture BMW 310R from scratch to export globally.
Then they developed RR310 based on it.

BD will do well to take this opportunity. TVS will rule the 150-200cc segment as Bajaj focuses more on above 200cc.

What do you mean?
Like Duke is infamous in India since irresponsible riders go too fast and crash?

TVS is the future. Their quality is improving at a tremendous rate and they've decided to have a "racing heritage". They manufacture BMW 310R from scratch to export globally.
Then they developed RR310 based on it.

BD will do well to take this opportunity. TVS will rule the 150-200cc segment as Bajaj focuses more on above 200cc.
There’s a new stupid law in Bangladesh now, no one can import motorcycles with more than 150cc engine. Pathetic :/

Nah man. Hero lost their popularity in Bangladesh as soon as they got separated from Honda.
The reason I like hero is that because I used to use hero tyres on my off-road cycle, they lasted two months of heavy constant use everyday.... other rubbers would be over in a week!

And TVS is famous in bd for accidents, brake fail etc etc you name it TVS comes up.

nice cooperation between two countries , recently L&T (in a JV with some japanese firm) won a contract worth more than rupees 3000 crore for Line 6 MRT of dhaka

:lol::lol::lol:

This nation is such a joke. These banglas give impression that this plant will be making SUVs or LCVs [cars],but when I checked its only plant of Rungs Motors found out that collaboration with Mahindra is to make Buses, coasters, and three wheelers rofl.

There’s a new stupid law in Bangladesh now, no one can import motorcycles with more than 150cc engine. Pathetic :/

The reason I like hero is that because I used to use hero tyres on my off-road cycle, they lasted two months of heavy constant use everyday.... other rubbers would be over in a week!

And TVS is famous in bd for accidents, brake fail etc etc you name it TVS comes up.
actually,its 165 cc..!!! nd tvs motor bikes have lot of issues..excessive engine heating,lots of vibration...braking system is worst among the 150-160cc segment bikes..tyre isnt also up to mark..

Due to cheapness of Bangladeshis and quality/aptitude of your shop mechanics (who are business a lot due to crappy BD roads) who add cheap non-stock components when they can to add to own profit margin.
Can you stop bullshitting for once in your life and admit the reality? I critic what deserves being praised or insulted... unfortunately TVS isn’t in good books in my lists of Indian products. Grow up

Yes, yes you are. LOL.....so stop blaming India, the onus is on you guys to fix your dire predicament....and crappy quality control + maintenance + LDC infra causing all of it.
Seriously what new hard drugs are you on?

Can you provide statistical evidence especially compared to other manufacturers
Whistling in the wind through the ahole just cause of your endless diatribes and hate of Indians is not proof.
Give us numbers or jog on

Can you stop bullshitting for once in your life and admit the reality? I critic what deserves being praised or insulted... unfortunately TVS isn’t in good books in my lists of Indian products. Grow up

Seriously what new hard drugs are you on?

Like I said, you seem to be the only one complaining....so the problem lies with you guys most definitely. I mean majority of your cars are imports + refurbished to BD crap "standards"....so whats to stop you from taking expired lot from Indian motorcycle stocks and then your importers refurbish+cheap out (and label as "new" and take their cut to pay off whichever bureaucrat importer babu)....because BD can't basically afford/guarantee what other countries can?

Here's the real countries that matter as far as TVS review goes, not some LDC whine-trash:

Hope TVS gives the worst quality and worst training and worst QC possible at highest cost imposed on BD in this "assembly"....you need some more population control....and your politicians need some more money so they open wide when told to on other issues more relevant to us.

Till you learn to blame yourselves first and foremost and always for your ugly failures, this will continue to be the cruel reality...worst thing you can do is to bypass all that and blame others instead.

Of course he can't. BD doesn't even have such statistics to begin with....just LDC feelz.

Whistling in the wind through the ahole just cause of your endless diatribes and hate of Indians is not proof.
Give us numbers or jog on
Fact: I don’t hate Indians....
I don’t have statistical data but from what I’ve heard from bike riders (not one myself) from people of both countries... and numerous crash deaths of acquaintances due to brake failures (back in around 2007 though) led me to formulate my impression on TVS....
I would much rather have hero bikes than a TVS tbh like I’ve stated earlier

@Nilgiri i think you’re probably also looking for my reasonings....

Back
Top Bottom