What's new

TV Journalist Is Arrested as Assaults on Press Freedom Rise in India

Yes. India is still a democracy but people do not have unlimited rights.

I think this is same in all democracies.

For example, If I go on a protest in a public place, I could be arrested if I did not have prior permission from the police.

True but the extent of the rights is severely restricted in India, any other democracy you can criticize police and not have them barge into your house with weapons out lol.

If that is the only reason then yes but as per the article:

" Many saw the arrest as a vendetta against Mr. Goswami for his criticism of the Mumbai police over a recent homicide investigation, as well as the latest example of an assault on press freedoms in India that has come from many directions. "

" arly this year, Reporters Without Borders, a Paris-based nonprofit that works to document attacks on journalists, said India had dropped two places on a global press freedom index, to 142nd out of 180 countries. It cited press freedom violations and constant pressure on the media to toe the Hindu nationalist government’s line. "

If the vendetta part is true it is a blatant attack on Press.

But he was not arrested for reporting on the SS murder case.

He is being arrested on the 2018 abetment of suicide case which was closed in 2019 but has been reopened now.

But he was not arrested for reporting on the SS murder case.

He is being arrested on the 2018 abetment of suicide case which was closed in 2019 but has been reopened now.

As per the article that is retaliation for reporting on SS murder case. Is this true?

What a fall for Shiv sena or now more aptly called Sonia Sena

As per the article that is retaliation for reporting on SS murder case. Is this true?

It may be but there is nothing to prove.

Courts need proof.

The current arrest is related to abetment of suicide case from 2018

Arnab Goswami arrested: Know all about the suicide case in which he has been arrested

2018 suicide case: Wife and daughter of deceased designer level serious allegations against Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami

This is getting funnier. hahahahahaha.

Now GD Bakshi jump in. :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

These protestors could be detained if they did not get prior permission from the police.

Earlier today many protestors in many areas have been detained.

After a few littars he will come to his senses.
Criticizing pakistan was his bread and butter.

It may be but there is nothing to prove.

Courts need proof.

The current arrest is related to abetment of suicide case from 2018

Arnab Goswami arrested: Know all about the suicide case in which he has been arrested

2018 suicide case: Wife and daughter of deceased designer level serious allegations against Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami

That makes it sound like retaliation, which is a target on freedom of press. Who randomly pulls out a case from 2018?

That makes it sound like retaliation, which is a target on freedom of press. Who randomly pulls out a case from 2018?

The 2018 case was closed in 2019 but has now been reopened.

We do not know if the police has any new information/evidence or not.

This will have to be determined by the police and courts.

He has a portrait of Che Guevara on a wall ! This guy claims himself as anti-communist!

Last edited:
@Naofumi @jamahir

I never thought I'd see Shiv Sena and BJP becoming formidable rivals. Thackerays chun chun ke badlay le rahay saare BJP waalo se.
Actually, this was expected. With Congress getting toothless and BJP being unreasonably ambitious, Shiv Sena was one of the few remaining major rival who could have got votes in the "BJPised" electoral environment especially in MH, that fall out could have been prevented if Amit Shah stopped being such a narcissist though now BJP and its lapdogs are trying to portray Shiv Sena as some kind of traitors to the "cause", especially among middle class voters, not sure how much effect it is going to have with MH middle class.

Nation is asking, how does it feel to act like a Baboon in a cage. :laugh:

1604514136418.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom