What's new

TURNING POINT IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN SUBCONTINENT

Nice post.

The turning point truly comes when you have a foreign FAITH take root on your soil.

Amongst a vast swathe of your natives.

THAT is the true turning point..............

actually this line caught my attention.....by this narrative wasn't the decision not to agree to population transfer in 1947 the greatest turning point ???......here we had a chance...a chance after almost 800 years.....to reverse the history....and begin afresh.....but that opportunity was let go....so extending your post...i would term this as the biggest turning point....

In the first Battle of Tarain Prithvi Raj Chauhan defeated and Routed Md. Ghouri, he even Captured him but released him instead of killing his enemy. :sniper:

I was asking how there was no terrorism if there was no ghori invasion?

Just few years after conquest of Delhi, India's largest university at Nalanda was burnt down.

According to you that's the turning point?

Explain that please.

Nalanda (The University) was burnt, TAxila (University) was destroyed, your ancestors were forced to follow The "Gauri's religion", Somnath was destroted. Ram temple was destroyed.. and formost

New country was born (I will refrain to Use hilary comment..) Hope u understand it.

The modern terrorism follow the same savage culture of Syrians, Mongols and Saxons..

You are right, tool is one thing which win war. But in old days Barbarism was most effective tool. The civilization lost its barbarism was anihilated by other.

eg: Babylon became civilized and was anihilated by Syrians.
Unan civilized and anihilated by Saxons
etc...

A barbaric savage can use any tool effectively. One of the most important tool is fear. Current day Maoists and Terorists use the same tool.

As this thread was about "TURNING POINT" I mention PR Chauhan and Gouri. Other wise the main reason was "We Hindu/Boudh should have treated the savage there way."

Barbarians have nothing to lose.

They travel far and fast unencumbered by worldly belongings.

The crux comes when they stop for a breath and hold fort.

That is where other elements of empire building come into play.

That said, Alexander and his army were not from a barbaric civilization.

Nor Cyrus.

Nor Napoleon.

Nor Hitler.

In the end, it comes to JUST one thing.

Whose way of life is stronger.

Your question if fundamentally wrong.
There was no such thing as "India the country" before 1947
so you cannot have a turning point to a country that never existed.

Nice post.

actually this line caught my attention.....by this narrative wasn't the decision not to agree to population transfer in 1947 the greatest turning point ???......here we had a chance...a chance after almost 800 years.....to reverse the history....and begin afresh.....but that opportunity was let go....so extending your post...i would term this as the biggest turning point....

The turning point came much earlier.

I have never believed the Partition was done for the right reason.

Nor was it done right.

Your question if fundamentally wrong.
There was no such thing as "India the country" before 1947
so you cannot have a turning point to a country that never existed.

your logic sounds same like Pakistan never existed before 1971. :cheesy:

The turning point came much earlier.

I have never believed the Partition was done for the right reason.

Nor was it done right.

true.....but wont you agree that in 1947 we had the opportunity to turn around all those turning points in one single,big move ??? a move that was let go for 'n' number of reasons.....

Pakistanis please do not be defensive and destructive here.

You are an integral part of the subcontinent.

Your positive contribution here is highly solicited.

It would be great to hear as we have had a 65 year quarantine on historical perspectives now.

true.....but wont you agree that in 1947 we had the opportunity to turn around all those turning points in one single,big move ??? a move that was let go for 'n' number of reasons.....

We would have destroyed what we were going forward to become.

We would have vindicated the BS TNT.

I very fundamentally and strongly disagree.

@Rig Vedic, I was really surprised, unpleasantly surprised to read this post of yours. While we have had our differences, I was under the evidently mistaken impression that you are aware of the basics of Indian history, and are familiar with social structures and political situations at different times. This was a harsh way to learn that I was so utterly mistaken.

With your ideas about history, I wonder what lessons can be learnt.

umm ... you seem to be reposting the same stuff? Perhaps you can look up look up Persian suzerainty in the Gandhara area in the time of Cyrus / Darius.

your logic sounds same like Pakistan never existed before 1971. :cheesy:

No need to get sensitive.
The truth might sting but I promise you that it will be better for you in the long run.
And kindly show me where the Republic of India is mentioned anywhere in history pre 1947
yeah thought so.

Back
Top Bottom