What's new

Turks allowed their women to vote much earlier then French and Italians + world map

No offense but this shows your ignorance of other religious leaders and faith.. Centuries before Prophet Mohammed was even born, Siddhartha Gouthama or Lord Buddha recognized female equal rights and preached on gender equality Which is considered revolutionary in that era
Gouthama allowed women to practice his religion while depicting them as inferior creatures, it's not a political action, but what I said is an actual practice from prophet Muhammad who as the ruler of the society specifically asked women's alliance (Allegiance ) too, one by one, just like men.

You are the guy who was 17 or 18 but talks like he's 45 right?

It's not a personal question. I might be mistaking you with another overseas Pakistani.

Cheers, Doc

Around that age, yeah.

I don't think I sound that old lol.

Looking forward to see a solid number of women in the parliament and all sorts of public life hopefully in the near future.

PS:
Can we for once have no Pakistani drama in here.

women-vote-map-crop.jpg

women-vote-map.jpg

Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan 1918 Kazakhstan 1924 Turkmenistan 1927 Turkey 1934 Uzbekistan 1938

France 1944 Italy 1945 Saudi Arabia 2011

wow this was interesting

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/worl...year-women-around-the-world-got-the-vote.html

@Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Kazakh soldier @Kamil_baku @Azeri440 @Deliorman @CAN_TR @Test7 @OldTwilight @Malik Alashter @SALMAN F @yavar @Blackmoon @mohammad45 @vostok @500 @dani191 @The SC @Combat-Master @cabatli_53 @SubWater @Adıvar @Shapur Zol Aktaf @TheConqueror @Islamic faith&Secularism @Hadii @Arabi @Yingluck @Saif al-Arab @Oublious @Dexon @Serpentine @BATMAN @Cthulhu @Tokhme khar @Exxxe @mohamed ali @mohsen @mangekyousharingan @kartal1 @2800 @Hamartia Antidote @Vergennes @beijinwalker @senheiser @JSCh @abc123xyx @jhungary @ASQ-1918 @Jugger @Solomon2 @DavidSling @HannibalBarca @Zarvan @Gomig-21 @Frogman @T-Rex @Falcon29 @Kaptaan @DESERT FIGHTER @
good on Turkey

Looking forward to see a solid number of women in the parliament and all sorts of public life hopefully in the near future.

PS:
What do you mean by no Pakistani drama here? It is afterall a Pakistani forum.

What do you mean by no Pakistani drama here? It is afterall a Pakistani forum.

"Turks allowed their women to vote much earlier then French and Italians" that is the topic, but i don't understand why Pakistanis - Indians and Iranians - Arabs mocking/insulting each other in the Turkish section.
Is this bad a joke?

Saudia Arabia/GCC who are regarded as custodians of Islam
No one is custodian of Islam Allah almighty never appointed no one to be responsible for the Islam especially these people

No offense but this shows your ignorance of other religious leaders and faith.. Centuries before Prophet Mohammed was even born, Siddhartha Gouthama or Lord Buddha recognized female equal rights and preached on gender equality Which is considered revolutionary in that era
I always thought of Budha been a messenger from God. I maybe wrong

"Turks allowed their women to vote much earlier then French and Italians" that is the topic, but i don't understand why Pakistanis - Indians and Iranians - Arabs mocking/insulting each other in the Turkish section.
Is this bad a joke?

Yeah, but this is still a Pakistani forum. Naturally you will see the Pakistani perspective on such things.

What is the meaning of Pakistani drama?

This is very offensive on a Pakistani forum. Non-Pakistanis need to behave as guests with respect for the Pakistani nation. This is unacceptable.

Which of the 5209210392 Shariah law is this? And what is this punishment based on? Or we are going to use corrupted systems defining themselves as "Shariah" and also corrupted Hadiths with which these punishments are given. Shariah laws are made by people that are giving us proofs for the punishments by the holy Quran and the Sunnah. In no place in Quran it is written "punish the woman that is wearing trousers with X number of lashes". The most of those punishments that are not determined by Quran or Hadith are given by the "court" so its human decision. Some of the shocking punishments that are determined as Hudud (source Quran or Sunnah) are based on Hadith. For some of the Hadiths there are arguments between scholars on the proper translation of the Hadiths and also their authenticity even if they are from books like Bukhari or Muslim. In one word you can't guarantee the authenticity of Hadith for 100% because some of them are being added into the books 200 years after the X situation and is being narrated by different people in slightly different way. The conclusion is that if you want to implement the Shariah law and want to be sure and clear from corruption you must use the Quran and stay away from big part of the Hadiths as some of them are being corrupted (some Shia scholars are talking more about this issue than Sunni). I think in our days perfect Shariah law CAN NOT be made. So if you are going to bash on Islamic culture or "Islamic law" better use something more credible than couple of taliban beating a woman according to the "Islamic law" in which nowhere you can find such punishment for wearing trousers. That's why the punishments are varying trough the "Muslim" states across the world. You can't be sure in any centralized system, scholar or human at all for those issues. I personally prefer when choosing to believe on something to make my personal interpretation influenced by sources I define as sure and the only sure source I find on religious matters is the Quran.

People like using videos from Afghanistan, Somalia, Iran, etc. and adding their own false commentaries to it.

Don’t believe everything which is told to you. We live in the era of fake news.

I always thought of Budha been a messenger from God. I maybe wrong

Buddhist philosophy doesn't believe in God, It's one of the first major global faith's that is inherently agnostic learning more towards being atheist, Buddha preached self empowerment through human mind.. And he certainly wasn't divine nor did he ever claim to be

Gouthama allowed women to practice his religion while depicting them as inferior creatures, it's not a political action, but what I said is an actual practice from prophet Muhammad who as the ruler of the society specifically asked women's alliance (Allegiance ) too, one by one, just like men.

But that was in different context, Buddha was pacifist, Nor did he seek political or social leadership, He was a teacher and a philosopher.. In what he aspired he did not need to specify political leadership of women but gender equality in general.. And also remember his time was centuries before Prophet Mohammed's and before several other social upheavals.. And i dont think it was the Buddha who even came up with the concept first.. There have been many other philosophers and social revolutionaries even before him

Mate although i'm not a religious person nor a Buddhist i'd like to ask to respectfully address a religious leader when referred, Lord Buddha was great philosopher for millions of his followers as is Prophet Mohammed to his, So referring to him as Gouthama is not appropriate.. Cheers

Here is a little bit detail about Turk women in the development journey of young Turkey.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s Revolutions

The Turk Women

"Everything we see in the world is the creative work of women." Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

• The new Civil Code, adopted in 1926, abolished polygamy and recognized the equal rights of women in divorce, custody, and inheritance.
  • The entire educational system from the grade school to the university became coeducational.

• Atatürk greatly admired the support that the national liberation struggle received from women and praised their many contributions:
" In Turkish society, women have not lagged behind men in science, scholarship, and culture. Perhaps they have even gone further ahead."
  • He gave women the same opportunities as men, including full political rights. In the mid-1930s, 18 women, among them a villager, were elected to the national parliament. Later, Turkey had the world's first women supreme court justice.

• Atatürk's Turkey has produced tens of thousands of well-educated women who participate in national life as doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers, writers, administrators, executives, and creative artists.
''

trtworld-gallery-378489-417169.jpg

Sabiha Gokcen (1913 - 2001), the world's first female fighter pilot

trtworld-gallery-378489-417167.jpg

Gul Esin (1901-1990), Turkey's first female mukhtar

trtworld-gallery-378489-417165.jpg

Semiha Es (1912-2012), war photographer

trtworld-gallery-378489-417171.jpg

Seventeen of the first Turkish female MPs

trtworld-gallery-378489-417209.jpg

Samiye Cahid Morkaya (1897 - 1972), racer, musician

trtworld-gallery-378489-417902.jpg

Halet Cambel (1916- 2014), Olympian and archaeologist

trtworld-gallery-378489-417883.jpg

Vasfiye Ozkocak (1923- 2014), journalist

trtworld-gallery-378489-417901.jpg

Sabiha Bengutas (1904 - 1992), sculptor

''
The source: http://www.trtworld.com/turkey/nine-notable-firsts-for-women-in-turkish-history-378489

He was one of the greatest reformers in human history, Hope Turkey will carry on his legacy against the religious political narrative that seems to be going on a the moment

Here is a little bit detail about Turk women in the development journey of young Turkey.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s Revolutions

The Turk Women

"Everything we see in the world is the creative work of women." Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

• The new Civil Code, adopted in 1926, abolished polygamy and recognized the equal rights of women in divorce, custody, and inheritance.
  • The entire educational system from the grade school to the university became coeducational.

• Atatürk greatly admired the support that the national liberation struggle received from women and praised their many contributions:
" In Turkish society, women have not lagged behind men in science, scholarship, and culture. Perhaps they have even gone further ahead."
  • He gave women the same opportunities as men, including full political rights. In the mid-1930s, 18 women, among them a villager, were elected to the national parliament. Later, Turkey had the world's first women supreme court justice.

• Atatürk's Turkey has produced tens of thousands of well-educated women who participate in national life as doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers, writers, administrators, executives, and creative artists.
''

trtworld-gallery-378489-417169.jpg

Sabiha Gokcen (1913 - 2001), the world's first female fighter pilot

trtworld-gallery-378489-417167.jpg

Gul Esin (1901-1990), Turkey's first female mukhtar

trtworld-gallery-378489-417165.jpg

Semiha Es (1912-2012), war photographer

trtworld-gallery-378489-417171.jpg

Seventeen of the first Turkish female MPs

trtworld-gallery-378489-417209.jpg

Samiye Cahid Morkaya (1897 - 1972), racer, musician

trtworld-gallery-378489-417902.jpg

Halet Cambel (1916- 2014), Olympian and archaeologist

trtworld-gallery-378489-417883.jpg

Vasfiye Ozkocak (1923- 2014), journalist

trtworld-gallery-378489-417901.jpg

Sabiha Bengutas (1904 - 1992), sculptor

''
The source: http://www.trtworld.com/turkey/nine-notable-firsts-for-women-in-turkish-history-378489

IMG_D7A898-4B5E3F-DB4C34-6DED0B-0CF2E5-6EF210.jpg

The 4th Repbulic day...The honorable Turkish men, women at all age are together around the sign: ''This is how we won the republic.'', Taken in the city of Uşak,1933.[/QUOTE]
Turkic women also played important role in society

What is the meaning of Pakistani drama?

This is very offensive on a Pakistani forum. Non-Pakistanis need to behave as guests with respect for the Pakistani nation. This is unacceptable.

if thats offensive to you, you either have a very thin skin or miss out on a lot of drama in here

women-vote-map-crop.jpg

women-vote-map.jpg

Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan 1918 Kazakhstan 1924 Turkmenistan 1927 Turkey 1934 Uzbekistan 1938

France 1944 Italy 1945 Saudi Arabia 2011

wow this was interesting

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/worl...year-women-around-the-world-got-the-vote.html

This topic is misinformed :

On 17 February 1926, Turkey adopted a new civil code by which the rights of Turkish women and men were declared equal except in suffrage. After a short but intense struggle, Turkish women achieved voting rights in local elections by Act no. 1580 on 3 April 1930.

@waz @WebMaster .. Why was my first post in this thread removed ?

Gibbs said:

I have not insulted nor trolled anyone, With that post, Nor do i think the poster i was replying to @mohsen was offended by it.. If this forum is moderated by fundamentalists that does not allow any form of discussion that they deem offensive to them for no good reason, What is the point of having international posters with alternative views.. I'm sorry but since lately this forum seem to be moderated by the Taliban.. Is it time for us who do not conform to the ideals of a few to leave the forum ?

Back
Top Bottom