What's new

Turkmenistan Armed Forces

OK, then if you only care for Uzbekistan and Iran, and not Russia, or having more inflence, you are not much lagging behind. A simple mutual military agreement between Turkmens and Azerbaijan and Turkey and Kazakhstan would solve your issue. If you want to be more self-reliant, you need to build a good modern air force, since both Uzbekistan and Iran have outdated air forces and one of the best solutions against an enemy with bigger size, soldiers, ... is having upper hands by using more advanced technologies and more modern air force.
well russia dont have land border with turkmenistan btw if they attack to any ex sovits they can make a great **** from it ! so buying some toy for the navy and air defence would be enough for russians about iran-uzbekistan is military alliance is not in option since turkmenistan is a natural country about the air force idk what to say u saw the link i put here turkmenistan has more than 300 jet fighter would u ignore them ?? i would be a great wast ! i personally thinking about mine field and artillery/rocket artillery make some fortification idk how the russian made ifv and BTRs works but i dont see them good for border guard russian BTRs good for attack turkmenistan sould buy some defence system

well russia dont have land border with turkmenistan btw if they attack to any ex sovits they can make a great **** from it ! so buying some toy for the navy and air defence would be enough for russians about iran-uzbekistan is military alliance is not in option since turkmenistan is a natural country about the air force idk what to say u saw the link i put here turkmenistan has more than 300 jet fighter would u ignore them ?? i would be a great wast ! i personally thinking about mine field and artillery/rocket artillery make some fortification idk how the russian made ifv and BTRs works but i dont see them good for border guard russian BTRs good for attack turkmenistan sould buy some defence system

Bro, when you are less in numbers, you need to stick to using more advanced weapons and strategies, look at Israel and how they defeated much bigger arab armies. Your air force is already enough to deter them, but it is not as strong to give you the upper hand. in land forces, Iran can outnumber turkmens, simply because they have more soldiers, so your option against them is having more weapons, like more tanks, ... Also, consider that Uzbekistan has not a strong economy and Iran is in embargo of buying weapons. So, you need to use this advantage and buy more modern stuff compared to them. about this neutral thing, it is officially what Ashgabat is saying but in reality, they are in favor of Russia. Anyway, I doubt if ay serious was happens for turkmenistan, since all the countries of that region, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Iran are in the same pack, aka Russian pack. About Ashgabat border with Iran and also your border with Afghanistan, you do need to use mine fields and such stuff, but, for other borders, I don't see the necessity to do so ;)

Bro, when you are less in numbers, you need to stick to using more advanced weapons and strategies, look at Israel and how they defeated much bigger arab armies. Your air force is already enough to deter them, but it is not as strong to give you the upper hand. in land forces, Iran can outnumber turkmens, simply because they have more soldiers, so your option against them is having more weapons, like more tanks, ... Also, consider that Uzbekistan has not a strong economy and Iran is in embargo of buying weapons. So, you need to use this advantage and buy more modern stuff compared to them. about this neutral thing, it is officially what Ashgabat is saying but in reality, they are in favor of Russia. Anyway, I doubt if ay serious was happens for turkmenistan, since all the countries of that region, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Iran are in the same pack, aka Russian pack. About Ashgabat border with Iran and also your border with Afghanistan, you do need to use mine fields and such stuff, but, for other borders, I don't see the necessity to do so ;)
iran was ally of usa look at it whats happend to them in a blink of eye , about militry yes you are right small size country should use best weapons they should try to sell some of their jets with low price

About Ashgabat border with Iran and also your border with Afghanistan, you do need to use mine fields and such stuff, but, for other borders, I don't see the necessity to do so
thats the F problem that stiuped first president signed the Mine Ban Treaty on 3 December 1997 :hitwall:

here is the thing turkmenistan should do

buy some new helicopters both attack and transport
buy more artillery/rocket artillery
buy s400 and place them in merv ashgabat and ogurju island from the island linked their s400 to azerbijan's this would give a full air cover for both country's navy

Ogurja Ada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

buy some otokar cobra for border guard

buy some TAI anka

iran was ally of usa look at it whats happend to them in a blink of eye , about militry yes you are right small size country should use best weapons they should try to sell some of their jets with low price
Yes, that's logical. countries change alliances and it is wise to be always vigilant. about selling older stuff, I do agree wih you, since it makes more money for your better purchases, but if they don't get replaced by almost the same number of new jets, ... I would disagree with such decision.
thats the F problem that stiuped first president signed the Mine Ban Treaty on 3 December 1997 :hitwall:

here is the thing turkmenistan should do

buy some new helicopters both attack and transport
buy more artillery/rocket artillery
buy s400 and place them in merv ashgabat and ogurju island from the island linked their s400 to azerbijan's this would give a full air cover for both country's navy

Ogurja Ada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

buy some otokar cobra for border guard

buy some TAI anka

Well, My suggestion is buying some top notch fighters. either from West or Russia, whatever suits your interests. Helicopters are needed specially in your Afghanistan border. Also Anka can help you in observing Taliban, smugglers movements. Artillery and rockets are also needed. Turkemnistan also needs a huge Tank fleet, considering your almost flat lands.

Looking at some terrain map, the borders of Turkmenistan and Iran seem to be mountainous on the side of Iran. So i dont think Iran can quickly pour in its land based forces if Turkmenistan can keep them pressured and pinned down in the mountainous regions. However since Turkmenistan is in the disadvantage with numbers, it's a must to have technological advantage. A small, but professional, well co-ordinated and technological army packs more punch in this age, so that's where Turkmenistan should aim at. In the end Iran will win if it is 1 vs 1, but i dont believe Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Israel, Russia, the Arab world will sit still and just watch Iran.

but if they don't get replaced by almost the same number of new jets, ... I would disagree with such decision.
:o:

needs a huge Tank fleet, considering your almost flat lands.
2000 ifv 700 tank u do remember turkmenistan have 5 m pop need people for air land and navy but also need man power for economy education arts and sport

Looking at some terrain map, the borders of Turkmenistan and Iran seem to be mountainous on the side of Iran. So i dont think Iran can quickly pour in its land based forces if Turkmenistan can keep them pressured and pinned down in the mountainous regions. However since Turkmenistan is in the disadvantage with numbers, it's a must to have technological advantage. A small, but professional, well co-ordinated and technological army packs more punch in this age, so that's where Turkmenistan should aim at. In the end Iran will win if it is 1 vs 1, but i dont believe Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Israel, Russia, the Arab world will sit still and just watch Iran.

I dont think Pak will go against Iran.. it will remain neutral and try to convince the parties to solve their disputes peacefully..Muslims shouldnt fight muslims..

P.S: Pakistan has excellent military ties with Turkmenistan..

In 1991, Pakistan was one of the first countries to take initiatives of recognition and establishment of diplomatic relations with Turkmenistan. Diplomatic relations between Turkmenistan and Pakistan have been developing successfully and rapidly since 1992. Bilateral visits of the heads of the states laid a solid foundation of Pak-Turkmen friendship and mutual understanding. The main economic aspect of Turkmenistan-Pakistan relations is based on realization of the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan gas pipeline project. The capacity of 1400 km pipeline, half of which would run via Afghanistan, is estimated between 25 to 30 billion cubic meters gas per year. Realization of gas pipeline project would require basic infrastructure such as road and railway links, which will take the economic and trade cooperation between our countries to new heights.
However, economy is not the only aspect of Turkmen-Pak relations. Simultaneously political, parliamentarian and social links have also been established. Cultural activities between the two countries are also at full flow in this context every year many Pakistani scholars, scientists and journalists are visiting Turkmenistan to participate in the International conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions, which is also playing a dynamic role in further strengthening the brotherly relationships between the two countries.
The Co-operation in the field of Defence has boosted significantly the Turkmen-Pak bilateral ties. Brotherly Pakistan is providing free training facilities for army, naval and air force officers of Turkmen Armed Forces. It is also significant to quote that Pakistan is organizing free Diplomatic, banking training and English language courses for Turkmen nationals in Pakistan.

Turkmenistan Embassy in Pakistan

There was news of Pak sending officers to Turkmenistan to train our Turkmen brothers... also alot of Turkmen and other central asian brothers are doing military courses at our military facilities..

Had the pleasure of meeting quiet a few central asian officers at Comd n staff col,Quetta,Nation Defence Univ,Arty school...

Last edited:
Why people are so interested in wars? I mean I also like wars Call of Duty style, but in real world people will be killed and destruction comes.
The question is, why on earth should Turkmenistan get in a war with Iran? I mean it's our last neighbor that I could imagine we might get in a war with. We have great relations and Turkmenistan is a really passive country. You really don't hear much about them in the media, people are generally peaceful and hospitable and we don't have any problems with each other. But if you are going to talk about small chances, yes, even Switzerland may get in a war with Australia, who knows?

I think Turkmenistan had some small problems with Uzbekistan, but I don't exactly remember the details.

:o:

2000 ifv 700 tank u do remember turkmenistan have 5 m pop need people for air land and navy but also need man power for economy education arts and sport

Well, there is no problem with increasing number of your tanks, IFVs, ... there are always more number of soldiers than equipments in any country. You can keep the same number of soldiers if you want in that case.

Why people are so interested in wars?
Maybe because this is a defense forum. People come here to talk about such stuff.
I mean I also like wars Call of Duty style, but in real world people will be killed and destruction comes.
The question is, why on earth should Turkmenistan get in a war with Iran? I mean it's our last neighbor that I could imagine we might get in a war with. We have great relations and Turkmenistan is a really passive country. You really don't hear much about them in the media, people are generally peaceful and hospitable and we don't have any problems with each other. But if you are going to talk about small chances, yes, even Switzerland may get in a war with Australia, who knows?

I think Turkmenistan had some small problems with Uzbekistan, but I don't exactly remember the details.

The problem is not Turkmenistan. The problem is Iran. Iran is not a stable country and is hostile to 95% of countries of the world.
Also, Uzbekistan suffers from some islamists activities, although I doubt islamist can do much in Uzbekistan.

Maybe because this is a defense forum. People come here to talk about such stuff.
Why don't you for example discuss a war between Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan? The irony is that it's even more likely compared to a war scenario with Iran, since they have some disputes over some big gas fields if I'm not mistaken. It's a defense forum, but talking about wars that are never going to happen or their chance of happening is one in a million is a waste of time.
The problem is not Turkmenistan. The problem is Iran.
There is no problem between two countries, it doesn't matter if you have problems with Iran or not.
and is hostile to 95% of countries of the world.
Nonsense.
Also, Uzbekistan suffers from some islamists activities, although I doubt islamist can do much in Uzbekistan
Yes, Turkmenistan should be more worried about Uzbekistan, because a war with Iran is not coming.

in most realistic view i only see russia kazakhstan azerbaijan and turkey involve them self if turkey turkmenistan and azerbijan backed each other at same time the game will largely change russia will wait to get better deal with turkmenistan (if they enter ) but since they have better relations with iran idk what they will do kazakhistan will do what ever they can to keep islamics at soviet borders idk what they will do but they maybe act

Why don't you for example discuss a war between Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan? The irony is that it's even more likely compared to a war scenario with Iran, since they have some disputes over some big gas fields if I'm not mistaken. It's a defense forum, but talking about wars that are never going to happen or their chance of happening is one in a million is a waste of time.
LOL, don't worry for us. we know how to treat each other and non of us is run by bunch of primitive mullahs.
There is no problem between two countries, it doesn't matter if you have problems with Iran or not.
Did you read my post? I am saying that Iran itself is a source of trouble, even for her people let alone other countries. We all saw how Iran acted like savages and shelled poor pakistanis for ego boost.
Nonsense.
Why non-sense? How many friends Iran have? does it even reach to 10? then 95% is a good realistic number.
Yes, Turkmenistan should be more worried about Uzbekistan, because a war with Iran is not coming.
Trolling, non-sense.
If you have no knowledge of military stuff and just want to troll, we are not in the mood for it. Go have fun in another corner of the forum.

in most realistic view i only see russia kazakhstan azerbaijan and turkey involve them self if turkey turkmenistan and azerbijan backed each other at same time the game will largely change russia will wait to get better deal with turkmenistan (if they enter ) but since they have better relations with iran idk what they will do kazakhistan will do what ever they can to keep islamics at soviet borders idk what they will do but they maybe act

Russians will favor any ex-soviet country over others if they engage in a war. Putin has strong sense of reviving soviet union, and such stuff. Also, Turkey, Azeraijan, Arabs, USA, EU, ... will also help turkmens in the case of confronting Iran.
For the case of Uzbeks, I doubt if any side achieves much supports.

Last edited:
@Serpentine
disput over gas/oil field is fixed every thing is rdy for end the capsian sea disput except iranian part turkmenistan and azerbijan are two country with out land border both country has almost same pop it's even if they have land border even if they enter a war it would be like a iran - iraq war they have no man power nor intent to attack each other

but it's normal for small and less pop country to be worry about big country with large pop like iran and uzbekistan
iran's youth are in the dream of greater iran so if iran face another revolution this time nationalist one and the youth take control of the country the easiest target for these nationalist would be turkmenistan in this case

iran has man power iran has assumption iran has militry power to do so and it's target is not strong enemy for a natural country like turkmenistan it's will end very badly and it will help the nationalist politicians positions

Russians will favor any ex-soviet country over others if they engage in a war. Putin has strong sense of reviving soviet union, and such stuff. Also, Turkey, Azeraijan, Arabs, USA, EU, ... will also help turkmens in the case of confronting Iran.
For the case of Uzbeks, I doubt if any side achieves much supports.
i dont thing arab world do anything eu usa never enter a war for the sake of other country the even didn't done that for isreal so it will be only russian turkey and azerbijan

russian as u say will try to restore the soviet but remember the one of the biggest reason the soviet falls was their geographic lack they need iran as port for indian ocean if we compared iran with turkmenistan surly iran is more importent for russians so i remove them

azerbijan not only will enter the war but also will dragged the turkey into it , azerbijan is surrounded by russian iran and armenian they want rest of their neighbour as ally azerbijan also act as gate for energy of turkmenistan kazakhistan and uzbekistan if turkmenistan fall it will weakend and leave the azerbijan alone to face iran it will make azerbijan next target so they most likely they will enter the war

turkey is not in good condition in syria and iraq , assad is iran's ally iraq is in iran's side kurds are no trustworthy the last gas/oil energy source is the central asian country like azerbaijan turkmenistan uzbekistan and kazakhstan , turkey won't sit and watch to lose it's energy source

i dont thing arab world do anything eu usa never enter a war for the sake of other country the even didn't done that for isreal so it will be only russian turkey and azerbijan

russian as u say will try to restore the soviet but remember the one of the biggest reason the soviet falls was their geographic lack they need iran as port for indian ocean if we compared iran with turkmenistan surly iran is more importent for russians so i remove them

azerbijan not only will enter the war but also will dragged the turkey into it , azerbijan is surrounded by russian iran and armenian they want rest of their neighbour as ally azerbijan also act as gate for energy of turkmenistan kazakhistan and uzbekistan if turkmenistan fall it will weakend and leave the azerbijan alone to face iran it will make azerbijan next target so they most likely will enter the war

turkey is not in good condition in syria and iraq , assad is iran's ally iraq is in iran's side kurds are no trustworthy the last gas/oil energy source is the central asian country like azerbaijan turkmenistan uzbekistan and kazakhstan , turkey won't sit and watch to lose it's energy source

Well, Russia does not need Iran at all. Almost all of their trade is either with EU, USA, China, Japan, SK, and they can already connect them without using any 3rd country's soil or ports. EU, USA, arabs will always pay the money and equipment, and no more. That's reasonable.Turkey would most probably react and it is already enough to deter Iran and/or Uzbekistan. you just need to sign the required pacts and show them that you are sided with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom