What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Yes, but its not enough for average Mehmet sitting home whatching news as spectators. We want to read about killed terrorists not neutralised :yahoo:
Disabling is actually a better solution in the long term...
Killing will fuel the "Revenge mind" of many and therefore recruitment will be easier and faster...

When dealing with a guerilla ideology/Terros, you have to understand that you can't "Eradicate" them... with Brute Force... they will be weaken, that's for sure, but they will still be active... You have to "Cut" the manpower/ideology pipe... and the simplest way to do it... is to make sure, that they get no "Excuse" to grow their ranks and they will little by little die... and will become "Boring/Outdated" for the Wannabe Terros...

That's why, per exemple, Islamic Terro groups are still in the Market nowadays... The US did everything in their power, to maintain their "Pipe" open... Whatever by Drone strikes on Civilians, Hypocrite Geopolitical decision, Corruption and so on...

Battle with Terros is actually a battle for "Soft Hands" (Not Weak Neither Strong/Hardcore hands)

Guys honestly i am also concerned about the warhead size , that explosion above the car cannot kill the people inside so easily. I am however so glad this will be benefit our ground operation as a huge step up.

You don't now what a airburst explosion can do, that blast have 10 meter kill radius. You don't need heavy bombs but airburst shrapnel.

You don't now what a airburst explosion can do, that blast have 10 meter kill radius. You don't need heavy bombs but airburst shrapnel.
Replace the explosive with our new thermobaric fuel and voila, perfect antipersonel kamikaze drone...

Replace the explosive with our new thermobaric fuel and voila, perfect antipersonel kamikaze drone...
Thermobaric in such small "container"... and will mostly be used in open areas... I don't think that will be that useful...
As said, you don't need to kill... when you use such "tactics"

Thermobaric in such small "container"... and will mostly be used in open areas... I don't think that will be that useful...
As said, you don't need to kill... when you use such "tactics"
Have you even seen thermobaric warheads of antitank missiles? They cause really significant damage with a small proportion of thermobaric fuel. With less fuel that kamikaze drone can kill and even can cause really significant damage to soft tissue including lung damage(generally fatal or completly disabling), hearing loss and blindness.

Have you even seen thermobaric warheads of antitank missiles? They cause really significant damage with a small proportion of thermobaric fuel. With less fuel that kamikaze drone can kill and even can cause really significant damage to soft tissue including lung damage(generally fatal or completly disabling), hearing loss and blindness.

You can't compare the Drone Warhead to a Tank shell...
And it's gonna be used on Mostly Wide Open areas, therefore limiting the Impact of such warheads.

It's not viable. Burst type ammunition/Proximity fuse are the way to go for such "Equipment"
Cheap and lethal

And it's gonna be used on Mostly Wide Open areas, therefore limiting the Impact of such warheads.

It's not viable. Burst type ammunition/Proximity fuse are the way to go for such "Equipment"
Cheap and lethal
Not especially for wide open areas. That's why we have two types of design. Kargu can be used both in urban operations and in caves. For wide open areas like you say I think Alpagu is better design.

Not especially for wide open areas. That's why we have two types of design. Kargu can be used both in urban operations and in caves. For wide open areas like you say I think Alpagu is better design.
I was speaking about Alpagu one, since Kargu can't have (obviously) a thermobaric warhead.

Cheap and lethal

Antiitank munitions with TB are used against personel too and really effective even at open areas. Maybe not much as in enclosed areas but same applies to ordinary explosives too. (When you create any shockwave in enclosed enviroment it is more dangerous always.)

Todays thermobaric fuels are very advanced than the ones at 30 years ago, generating more energy to create shockwave with the same amount of fuel. "Thermobaric weapons are only effective in caves" is not a certain rule anymore.

We are already talking about limited amount of payload. Maybe it might be useful in antivehicle type of usage demonstrated on videoes or against personel. Maybe it will not work but I disagree on not talking on something by just saying "It will not work".

Antiitank munitions with TB are used against personel too and really effective even at open areas. Maybe not much as in enclosed areas but same applies to ordinary explosives too. (When you create any shockwave in enclosed enviroment it is more dangerous always.)

Todays thermobaric fuels are very advanced than the ones at 30 years ago, generating more energy to create shockwave with the same amount of fuel. "Thermobaric weapons are only effective in caves" is not a certain rule anymore.

We are already talking about limited amount of payload. Maybe it might be useful in antivehicle type of usage demonstrated on videoes or against personel. Maybe it will not work but I disagree on not talking on something by just saying "It will not work".

It will work... But it's "Effectiveness" will be near to nothing. It's load Capacity for an effective range is only around 1.3-2Kg...

Back
Top Bottom