What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

There is no ramjet in both. They have rocket engines. I think IR guided one can be fired from Anka since it has its independent guidance system. We saw even Houthis in Yemen fires IR guided missile from ground. So I think it is possible.

But I don't know anything about radar guided one. Maybe it is also possible by Anka and AWACS cooperation.
How do these missiles disconnect,freefall or engine start?

Baykar developing mapping system which allows a single UAV to map 1000km2 within 10hrs at high resolution (1 pixel=5cm) or 1000km2 within 20hrs ultra high resolution (1pixel =20cm)
https://cdnuploads.aa.com.tr/uploads/VideoGallery/2018/05/08/a01acb5cb6771564db697c59c5e1c190.mp4
Actually 1 pixel = 5cm is higher resolution than 1 pixel = 20cm. According to the video 1 pixel = 20 cm is ready and they are working on the other one.

According to video he told that they have produced a new multi sensor camera pod. Scanning 1000 km2 takes 10 hours to scan with cameras and then with 10 hours of serverside image processing they will map the area. With the new system resolution will increase and scaning time will reduce to one hour for 1000 km2(probably with more than one uav, my guess) and image processing time will take less time on serverside processing.

IMG_5166.JPG

From front to back: Togan, Kargu and Alpagu of STM

An Anti-Drone with rocket has been developed by a group of university students from Sütçü Imam University, and won the contest.

The anti-drone jammes before firing the rocket.

P.S.: @Azeri440 ... Any co-operation between universities in Azerbaijan and Turkey with regard to defence as one of the students is probably from Azerbaijan?

Last edited:
An Anti-Drone with rocket has been developed by a group of university students from Sütçü Imam University, and won the contest.

The anti-drone jammes before firing the rocket.

P.S.: @Azeri440 ... Any co-operation between universities in Azerbaijan and Turkey with regard to defence as one of the students is probably from Azerbaijan?

No, only Qadqaz university may be but too many students going to study in Turkey

Unfortunately all technical information is classified after contract. All I can say is it will be one of the most advanced loitering munitions in the world with some unique abilities.
can you say it now? seems like They used your technology to develop their own..

Information about Akinci project came from the AKP election manifesto. 1.5 ton payload and AESA radar that suggest it will be able to carry AA misiles. The concept is very interesting. While taking the HALE specs of the project it could be very useful of area protection with multi-role configuration. Surveillance, AESA+anti-air, capability of striking ground targets. A good multi-role configuration!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom