What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

This was years ago, reporter asked why range was 150 km, could it not be longer as Americans were controlling their UAVs thousands of miles away. One of the developers of TB2 answered that Data-Link was the limiting factor of range not the aircraft.

Why not, it'll be better than Herons anyway :-)
jQamR9.jpg

You are a dangerous man! Bayraktar UAV with a Satcom.

It is by all means an MALE. It satisfies all the requirements of MALE class (Medium Altitude; 30000 ft, Long Endurance; 24+ hr). The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA.
Even Baykar claims TB2's operational altitude as 22-23K feet yet you are speaking this decisive LOL. And that's what the company claims BTW, so don’t even get me started on real operational numbers of TB2. Usually i wouldn't bother about BS posts but since you have professional tag this forum deserves better right ?

Note: I am neither defending Anka nor criticizing TB2, these are out of questions.

Even Baykar claims TB2's operational altitude as 22-23K feet yet you are speaking this decisive LOL. And that's what the company claims BTW, so don’t even get me started on real operational numbers of TB2. Usually i wouldn't bother about BS posts but since you have professional tag this forum deserves better right ?

Note: I am neither defending Anka nor criticizing TB2, these are out of questions.

Instead of attacking him, why don't you share what you think you know about TB2 and we'll go from there.. So, 'real operational numbers' and your source would be great. And I'm sure @TheMightyBender will back up his numbers with his sources.

No no no i didn't attacked him, i just brought one simple fact that even Baykar advertise it's products op. altitude as 22-23K so how he can say ''it satisfies all the requirements of MALE class'' and ''The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA.''

He is the one who comes up with these arguments so you should ask him first.

While words like MALE are highly subjective, the general consensus is that for an aircraft to be qualified as an MALE it should have 1000 - 30000 lb takeoff weight, 18000 - 60000 ft operating altitude and endurance over 24 hours.
This thesis from MIT summarizes it quite nicely.
Bayraktar TB2 fulfills all these requirements no matter which source you look at, even if the operational altitude is below 22-23k ft which you obviously doubt due to the source of the information [Baykar].
But sometimes Medium Altitude UAVs are differentiated from low altitude ones with a single threshold; can it climb above 30000 ft? If the maximum ceiling of the UAV is 30k ft or above it is categorized as a MA. And to the best of our knowledge, the TB2 does fulfill even that: here.

But as I said, words like MALE are not set on stone. You call it whatever you want, in my book Bayraktar TB2 is one of the most capable UAVs in the region and calling it tactical doesn't do it justice when it is carrying out missions in multiple foreign territories [probably as we speak].

A little bit of reading about the matter at hand usually goes a long way, try to do your research before you call people's comments BS.

30k feet is the record TB2 reached, is not an operational altitute for the platform. It usually flies between 17k-19k altitute above Iblin/Afrin, probably it extends endurance, which is a must during observing missions.

There is no way for TB2 to fly at 30k feet with loaded ammunitions during 24 hours.

No no no i didn't attacked him, i just brought one simple fact that even Baykar advertise it's products op. altitude as 22-23K so how he can say ''it satisfies all the requirements of MALE class'' and ''The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA.''

He is the one who comes up with these arguments so you should ask him first.

Baykar advertises the TB2's specs as 24k ft. In any case, max altitude depends on a lot of things like payload, fuel load etc. We do know the TB2 can reach 27k ft with its EO payload so this brings it pretty close to the MALE class but I would say it doesn't quite reach MALE class because most likely at that altitude its loiter time is fairly short. We can say that it's probably the best performing tactical class UAV though, almost reaching MALE performance in a tactical sized drone.

While words like MALE are highly subjective, the general consensus is that for an aircraft to be qualified as an MALE it should have 1000 - 30000 lb takeoff weight, 18000 - 60000 ft operating altitude and endurance over 24 hours.
This thesis from MIT summarizes it quite nicely.
Bayraktar TB2 fulfills all these requirements no matter which source you look at, even if the operational altitude is below 22-23k ft which you obviously doubt due to the source of the information [Baykar].
But sometimes Medium Altitude UAVs are differentiated from low altitude ones with a single threshold; can it climb above 30000 ft? If the maximum ceiling of the UAV is 30k ft or above it is categorized as a MA. And to the best of our knowledge, the TB2 does fulfill even that: here.

But as I said, words like MALE are not set on stone. You call it whatever you want, in my book Bayraktar TB2 is one of the most capable UAVs in the region and calling it tactical doesn't do it justice when it is carrying out missions in multiple foreign territories [probably as we speak].

A little bit of reading about the matter at hand usually goes a long way, try to do your research before you call people's comments BS.
In that post, you defined MALE class as a ''Medium Altitude; 30000 ft, Long Endurance; 24+ hr'' after that you claimed TB2 fulfills these requirements and after that you claimed ''The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA''. I just haunting these arguments, so don't make the water cloudy with changing of your first MALE definment which you have used on arguments about fulfilling requirements or ANKA. And don't use the benefits of TB2 to our country which i am more happy about it than you.

In that post, you defined MALE class as a ''Medium Altitude; 30000 ft, Long Endurance; 24+ hr'' after that you claimed TB2 fulfills these requirements and after that you claimed ''The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA''. I just haunting these arguments, so don't make the water cloudy with changing of your first MALE definment which you have used on arguments about fulfilling requirements or ANKA. And don't use the benefits of TB2 to our country which i am more happy about it than you.
Yes, I did say all of that. And I proved it. Now what is the problem?
Meanwhile, can you prove that TB2 is not MALE, or that TB2 can't reach 30k ft, or that TB2 can't stay on the air for 24+ hours? Let me know when you can do any of that, until that adios.
I would like to especially hear your arguments against TB2 being an MALE, since you called that BS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom