What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

But it's a tactical uav and it's perfrom good in that category , why trying to overload it ?

They should develope a MALE uav that would be more suitable for satcom

This was years ago, reporter asked why range was 150 km, could it not be longer as Americans were controlling their UAVs thousands of miles away. One of the developers of TB2 answered that Data-Link was the limiting factor of range not the aircraft.

Why not, it'll be better than Herons anyway :-)
jQamR9.jpg

It's not just about communicating with the drone. Also consider the fuel capacity needed to ferry the payload to that distance and back. That does require a "wow". :)

also consider the air defence systems of developed countries and their politics. that 1000 km range might reach germany borders or any other eu borders, but that doesn't mean we can spy them whenever we want with male class uav. that's why us uses high altitude hale class uavs, they don't wanna get detected for political reasons mostly

tb2 is tactical uav not MALE
It is by all means an MALE. It satisfies all the requirements of MALE class (Medium Altitude; 30000 ft, Long Endurance; 24+ hr). The only reason we are calling it tactical so far is to differentiate it from ANKA.

Satcom for Tb2 isn't great idea because of Mtcr. If UCAV have more than 300 range We wouldn't be able buy any subsystems. That is why Akıncı will be pretty much fully indigenous. In it's current role, Tb2 is more than enough for our needs. Satcom would reduce its weight capacity, So it isn't good idea imho.

Edit; don't mind me I forgot weight restrictions So Tb2 should be fine. But still it does drive cost higher and lower weight capacity .

Last edited:
Satcom for Tb2 isn't great idea because of Mtcr. If UCAV have more than 300 range We wouldn't be able buy any subsystems. That is why Akıncı will be pretty much fully indigenous. In it's current role, Tb2 is more than enough for our needs. Satcom would reduce its weight capacity, So it isn't good idea imho.
This makes me wonder about the engine of ANKA-S. As far as i know we are still using foreign engines on the S derivative. So, how are we able to buy engine for it ?

MTCR only applies to UAVs that can carry more than 500kg payload, so the TB2 isn't included in it. Same with Anka.

Weight wouldn't be a problem, SATCOMs do not weigh all that much (~25kg), cost might not be worth it..

Doesn't MTCR regulate missiles? Why are we worried about it regarding drones? Also, when it comes to national security, no self-respecting country gives a damn about the so-called "international agreements". Someone please remind me. How many UN resolutions has Israel violated and then got saved by US vetoes in the UNSC, again? Yeah, I thought so.

Doesn't MTCR regulate missiles? Why are we worried about it regarding drones? Also, when it comes to national security, no self-respecting country gives a damn about the so-called "international agreements". Someone please remind me. How many UN resolutions has Israel violated and then got saved by US vetoes in the UNSC, again? Yeah, I thought so.

Treaty doesn't distinguish one time only delivery systems or re usable vehicles as long as it is unmanned vehicle with over 300km range and 500kg delivery capacity.

Back
Top Bottom