What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Control of armed drones should not be in the hands of the police but the military. And if needed the military can launch attacks.

its not good for the army and the country to make operations within our borders.

I understand the people’s concerns, however polis having drones would reduce reaction time when it needed.

I understand the people’s concerns, however polis having drones would reduce reaction time when it needed.
Also would be great option for back up for polise force.

Also would be great option for back up for polise force.
It could be great but the thing that personally concerns me is that the Police in Turkey if the things continue like this will turn into regime guardian rather Police. I remember how there were talks about MANPADS/ATGM procurement and even giving to Police T129 ATAK helicopters. I personally prefer the tasks of the Police, Gendarmerie and the Armed Forces to be reorganized and every force to serve its objectives. For example look at POH (Police Special Operations). Look at the numbers of POH and the equipment they have. Also if we take in mind the possible procurement of the systems I listed above POH is more para-military special trained infantry rather Police fast tactical response units. Why we have all those Commando brigades and Special Forces from both the Armed Forces and the Gendarmerie if we are going to use Police "SWAT" teams in the harsh mountain terrain. Again look at the formation of POH, its numbers, equipment and the duration of training. They are not training Police Special Operation Forces that way. To train this type of units much more specialized training is needed and in order to give it you must increase the duration of training and also the requirements for the future POH operators must be much higher. Look at the requirements in order to be included into selection and training. I say again they are not training fast tactical response units they are training para-military force that is looking just like guardian of regime if we are looking at the recent developments. Its not good.

It could be great but the thing that personally concerns me is that the Police in Turkey if the things continue like this will turn into regime guardian rather Police. I remember how there were talks about MANPADS/ATGM procurement and even giving to Police T129 ATAK helicopters. I personally prefer the tasks of the Police, Gendarmerie and the Armed Forces to be reorganized and every force to serve its objectives. For example look at POH (Police Special Operations). Look at the numbers of POH and the equipment they have. Also if we take in mind the possible procurement of the systems I listed above POH is more para-military special trained infantry rather Police fast tactical response units. Why we have all those Commando brigades and Special Forces from both the Armed Forces and the Gendarmerie if we are going to use Police "SWAT" teams in the harsh mountain terrain. Again look at the formation of POH, its numbers, equipment and the duration of training. They are not training Police Special Operation Forces that way. To train this type of units much more specialized training is needed and in order to give it you must increase the duration of training and also the requirements for the future POH operators must be much higher. Look at the requirements in order to be included into selection and training. I say again they are not training fast tactical response units they are training para-military force that is looking just like guardian of regime if we are looking at the recent developments. Its not good.
Well sad Kartal, eline saglik.

1G3Ggb.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom