What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

The Presentation is Turkish but I explained everything about AKINCI by English.

asdd4fzrq0.jpg

asdd2v6p2q.jpg

asdd3w2r01.jpg

asdd1h6o59.jpg

A low cost prototyping approach for design analysis and flight testing of the TURAC VTOL UAV
Aktas, Y.O. ; Istanbul Tech. Univ., Istanbul, Turkey ; Ozdemir, U. ; Dereli, Y. ; Tarhan, A.F.

Over the last decade, the market share of civilian UAVs within the general UAV market has consistently increased. As such, these systems are increasingly being used for applications ranging from the monitoring of crops to the tracking of air emissions around high-pollution areas. Most of the civilian applications of UAVs require these vehicles to be of low-cost and for the portability and packaging to be easy while also having vertical take-off and landing capability. TURAC - a VTOL Tilt Rotor UAV with these capabilities - is designed. Although mathematical and CFD analyses were performed iteratively in order to optimize the design, testing in real life conditions were needed to see the real performance of the TURAC UAV. However, as with such an iterative design process, the manufacturing process costs, including different molds for each design, can be exorbitant. In addition, once an imperfection in the design is encountered, making radical design modifications on the UAV in real life is difficult and expensive. Therefore, a cheap, rapid, and easily reproducible prototyping methodology is essential. In this study, the end result of an iterative design process of TURAC is presented. In addition, a low-cost prototyping methodology is developed and its application is demonstrated in detail by explaining all of its phases. The ground and flight tests are applied on a fully functional prototype and the results are given.

IEEE Xplore Abstract - A low cost prototyping approach for design analysis and flight testing of the TURAC VTOL UAV

BAYRAKTAR TB2 hit by BOZOK Missile with %100 success yesterday.

Milli İHA’ya yerli füze! | GAZETE VATAN

(In the news it is said they are Umtas-L but I think they are Bozok missiles.)

View attachment 280231 View attachment 280232 View attachment 280233

Too big to be Bozok, plus it looks different. I think it's Mizrak-O.

Edit: actually it's not Mizrak-O, they have different fins. Looks like an extended version of the Roketsan Smart Micro Munition. Maybe it's a new short range Mizrak?

Last edited:
Maybe Umtas but its a little bit short, complicated btw congrats and it will ver useful against terrorism...next step Anka...

screw Anka Bayraktar did great job. Tai spent millions and we didnt see any progress. Anka is over for me. Bayraktar 3 maybe 4 years ahead Anka. Next year we can use whole Bayraktars for hitting pkk anywhere.

Allah hepsinden razı olsun. Anka takımını dağıtmak lazım. Rezil ettiler bizi dünyaya, senelerdir uğraşıyorlar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom