What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRDmnp3.png

I'm back ladies, the flight to Istanbul was awful. Actually I wanted to rest a little after the exams. Anyways, please you all be careful on your language, argue but don't insult. Oublious has recieved warning points and been banned from the thread Turkey's sale of T-155 to Azerbaijan regarding his tone in there...

atatwolf yemin ediyorum Davutoğlu gibisin, dalaşmadığın küfürleşmediğin kimse kalmadı, kardeşim herkesten nefret etmek zorunda mısın ? azcık tatlı dilli ol birşeyi eleştireceksen bile nazikce yap, girdiğin konuyu darma duman ediyosun 5 dakkada adamları Türk düşmanı yapıyorsun :)

Haha, Davutogluyu aslında severim ama doğru söylüyorsun. Nazik olmam gerikiyor. Bazileri zaten turk düşmanı ama gıçık birşey söylediklerinde kendimi tutamıyorum dalıyorum. Biraz soğuk kanlı olmak lazım.

@kaykay ,allways welcome.
If you need info about some places,mention it here,we will help.

actually i want to participate in Turkish section but unfortunately i am not familiar with Azari and Turkish alphabets, i do understand but writing is hard for me.

Just a little bit of practice and you should be able to write with zero problems.

In actuality, Latin based script is much easier than Arabic for Turki, both to write and read. Arabic script is not suited for Turki's vowel system. Most people looks at Latin vs Arabic from a cultural point of view, which is very wrong, it is not the question of culture at all. In north Azerbaijan, the Latin based alphabet was created in 1920s, and the idea was there since late 1800s. The idea was first modifying the Arabic script to make it more compatible with vowel system of our language, but the idea was abandoned and instead it was decided to make a modified Latin script. The same thing applies to Turkey, it was and is more than just a culture thing (I.E so-called "Westernization").

Last edited:
You wiped a history of 600 year! This so called vowel system made the Turkish language poor. If you translate 250 years text in modern Turkish then you have a problem.

You wiped a history of 600 year! This so called vowel system made the Turkish language poor. If you translate 250 years text in modern Turkish then you have a problem.
That is the problem. You look in the past and worry about translating worthless text. Ataturk was looking in the future and wanting to be part of higher cultures and developing tech.

Ordinary person doesn't need to know Ottoman Turkish. If he has special interest in reading old documents he can buy a learning book and learn Ottoman Turkish.

What do you think are in those old ottoman documents? Science? No, who fought who. From where did I get my harem girl. Who slept with who. Etc.

Which Turkish language are you talking about? The 35% Turkish and 50% Arabic hybrid Ottoman language?

Todays Turkish is more original Turkish than the Ottoman language thanks to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Language_Association

During the 1930s and 1940s, it led massive campaigns to replace the many Arabic, Persian, Greek and French loanwords whose immense use in the Turkish language during the centuries preceding the foundation of the Republic had created a literary language considerably different from the spoken Turkish of the time, which is now called Ottoman Turkish.

Ottoman Turkish

Todays Turkish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom