What's new

Turkish soap operas (TV dramas) seduce Arab world

Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense.

i dont know which channel u saw.
ya of course as a Hindu majority country there are serials where Hindu religious matters are shown. Yes there are Muslim family based dramas too here so are Christian based serials.
Islam based dramas are popular in muslim majority areas but u wont see them as u wont be able to follow any other language in India other than Hindi. ( we have some 25 odd language).

coming from a state where there is almost 30% of us are muslims , some serials about muslim heroes are quite popular than other serials here.
You know the most watched drama about a muslim hero in kerala?/

ill give u the link about that guy.

Kunjali Marakkar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You just come to conclusion based on facts which doesnt make any sense.

yes in Hollywood movies there are Christian beliefs are shown.

Yes we have movies like Raam Laxman, and we do have movies like My name is Khans , Akbar and fanaas.

we even have amar akbar anthony.

i dont know which channel u saw.
ya of course as a Hindu majority country there are serials where Hindu religious matters are shown. Yes there are Muslim family based dramas too here so are Christian based serials.
Islam based dramas are popular in muslim majority areas but u wont see them as u wont be able to follow any other language in India other than Hindi. ( we have some 25 odd language).

This is where my point is proven! We can dub those Turkish dramas in Urdu and play broadcast Turkish channels in Pakistan so that this way a moderate Islam is promoted into Pakistan, not hindu religion/culture from india!

This is where my point is proven! We can dub those Turkish dramas in Urdu and play broadcast Turkish channels in Pakistan so that this way a moderate Islam is promoted into Pakistan, not hindu religion/culture from india!

yes i completely agree with you sir.

Give what people wants which should be according to the culture of the country. If Pakistan finds Indian media is bad for it, it should indeed ban it.

And please note that there is no nudity in channels here. the farthest we have here is FTV with lingerie.(which was banned and came back with the censored version).

Note that we have as many people calling for cultural check just as in Pakistan.

Few channels like Jain tv was banned for showing late night masala movies.
And yes Bollywood movies are a bit extra glamorous at times, but definitely no nudity and if there is nudity it will come with strictly for adults when comes in movie theaters.

And even a movie like Titanic had its share of nudity i believe and yet everyone watched and nobody complained.Was it banned in Pakistan or censored like here in India for allowing children to theatres?/

All i want to say to you is:

Last edited by a moderator:
i spent some years in lovely turkiye

I was always a big fan of police drama Arka Sokaklar (the back-roads) and action/thriller Kurtlar Vadisi (Valley of the Wolves).

the latter is what got the israelis' ''panties tied in a bunch'' :rofl:

Like many in the Mediterranean/Eurasian region -- the Turks are emotional people. They love their soap operas.

but they do produce quality entertainment. Unlike certain countries which will remain un-named :)

Turkey uses TV to seduce Arab world

Turkey uses TV to seduce Arab world

Country launches 24-hour state television channel broadcasting accessible to more than 300 million Arabic speakers

AFP Published: 04.13.10, 15:20

After using enhanced diplomacy and trade to bolster ties with Middle Eastern neighbors, Turkey now has a new weapon to seduce the Arab world: A state television channel in Arabic accessible to more than 300 million Arabic speakers.

Launched last week, TRT El Turkiye became the second 24-hour channel broadcasting in a language other than Turkish, following the introduction of a Kurdish-language channel last year.

According to state broadcaster TRT, the channel is the first one to address an essentially international audience, broadcasting to 22 countries via satellite.

For Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the head of secular Turkey's Islamist-rooted government, the channel has clear objectives.

"Turks and Arabs are like the fingers of a hand," he said in his inauguration speech on Sunday.

"We belong in the same history, the same culture and above all the same civilization... TRT El Turkiye was launched to become our common language, or common screen, our common passion."

In practice, this fledgling channel, which describes itself as family-oriented, could find it difficult to make a dent in the already saturated Arab television market -- a reality acknowledged by the channel's administrators.

"There are 750 satellite channels in Arabic; we are going to be 751st: We have to do something new both in terms of format and content," Sefer Turan, the coordinator for TRT El Turkiye, told AFP.

To make its name known, the channel can count on home-made television series which Arab audiences are very much fond of.

"But we want to go further and co-produce television programs with Arab countries. The story can start in Istanbul, then can continue in Damascus and finish in Cairo," said Turan.

Daily live broadcasts simultaneously from Istanbul, Cairo and Beyrouth will be another plus for the channel, according to Turan, who recruited most of his staff – about 50 people -- from the Arab world.

TRT El Turkiye's launch coincides with the Ankara government's drive in recent years to improve ties with Arab neighbors which has resulted in the lifting of visas with a number of countries, a raft of commercial agreements and mediation offers to resolve regional conflicts.

"Turkey now wants to be an actor in the Middle East. (TRT El Turkiye) is one element of this policy" of re-balancing Turkish diplomacy which for years followed an exclusively Western-oriented path, said Mete Cubukcu, an editor at the NTV news channel and an expert on the Arab world.

This drive, coupled with Erdogan's strong criticism of Israel in the Palestinian conflict, gives Turkey "a lot of prestige" in the Middle East, which could prove useful to the new channel, Cubukcu said.

But to find itself a place in the Arab market, TRT El Turkiye should be careful not to become a tool for propaganda, stressed the expert.

"There are already many international channels in Arabic. If this one wants to find its place, it has to offer objective information," he added.

i guess you haven't understood and ignored most of my points.

here is what i said in my first post on this thread:

"I would rather have Turkish Soap Operas in Pakistan rather than BS indian soap operas for a number of reasons!

1. Turkish Soap Operas promote a moderate Islamic culture with modern lifestyle, whereas the indian BS promotes hindu and indian culture full of nude women and the worship of hindu deities.

2. This will help change Pakistani society and make it less extremist.

3. Women will have more rights and they will not be beaten to death as is the case in some areas of Pakistan.

4. Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense."

Now concerning Starplus and other indian channels that were popular in Pakistan, songs from bollywood films would be played, one such example is a song (forgot the name of the song) from the indian movie Musafir (i think that's the name) in which women wearing tiny skirts bending down with their behinds sticking in the air!

Every country has a censor board that determines what kind of media content should be broadcasted in television and what not.If the censor board of Pakistan decides its alright to show sameera reddy in Musafir,then it will do so.If u have any problem with that then i think u should take the issue to the censor board of Pakistan.
Anyways,I have seen the movie,and will not find any nudity there.

I think u missed my point totally.Let me make it simpler for u to understand.In India,if any particular media contains nudity,then it is not sired for public viewing.

And lemme assure u that i got ur points,but u didnt get mine.At first u need to understand the difference between a soap opera and a movie.Thats why i sent u the hyperlink.(did u actually click on it??).U complain bout soap operas,and give examples of movies.
Anyways,be it movies or soap operas,no nudity content is shown in public.
Some movies may be there with adult content(adult content may not mean nudity always).These movies are released with an "A" certificate,that explains why it got that certificate,so that people may choose whether to watch it or not. And these movies "r not meant for public theatre or television.Nobody forces anybody to watch anything here.
Finally ,its upto u ,the people of ur country,and the govt. of ur country to decide what comes on television and what not.If u want soaps on tv that propagates a particular culture,then go ahead with that,why make wrong comparison with Indian television??Get ur data correct,stop living in Jupiter,Pluto or whatever.Indian soaps r best on a secular culture,that suits everybody,not any particular culture as required by u,or the way described by u.

And seriously,if u dont like Indian movies or Indian tv channels,then dont watch them.Stop watching those snippets of Musafir.

Every country has a censor board that determines what kind of media content should be broadcasted in television and what not.If the censor board of Pakistan decides its alright to show sameera reddy in Musafir,then it will do so.If u have any problem with that then i think u should take the issue to the censor board of Pakistan.
Anyways,I have seen the movie,and will not find any nudity there.

I think u missed my point totally.Let me make it simpler for u to understand.In India,if any particular media contains nudity,then it is not sired for public viewing.

And lemme assure u that i got ur points,but u didnt get mine.At first u need to understand the difference between a soap opera and a movie.Thats why i sent u the hyperlink.(did u actually click on it??).U complain bout soap operas,and give examples of movies.
Anyways,be it movies or soap operas,no nudity content is shown in public.
Some movies may be there with adult content(adult content may not mean nudity always).These movies are released with an "A" certificate,that explains why it got that certificate,so that people may choose whether to watch it or not. And these movies "r not meant for public theatre or television.Nobody forces anybody to watch anything here.
Finally ,its upto u ,the people of ur country,and the govt. of ur country to decide what comes on television and what not.If u want soaps on tv that propagates a particular culture,then go ahead with that,why make wrong comparison with Indian television??Get ur data correct,stop living in Jupiter,Pluto or whatever.Indian soaps r best on a secular culture,that suits everybody,not any particular culture as required by u,or the way described by u.

And seriously,if u dont like Indian movies or Indian tv channels,then dont watch them.Stop watching those snippets of Musafir.

you still didn't get my point, but never mind, i won't repeat myself again!

you still didn't get my point, but never mind, i won't repeat myself again!

Why dont u just say that u dont have any point to make,not any more.I know its hard for u to admit that u were misinformed,but anyways I understand.Atleast I educated someone a little bit by making him understand the difference between a soap opera and a movie.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If its that hot and steamy please pass me the link to the episodes I will be the judge if its good for general public or not :whistle: if you don't see me on forums that means I am watching the latest episodes on my tv - just a heads up learning to be a good husband

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:whistle:

If it is anything like turkish movies then I am in;

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
turkish culture is different from pakistani nd also arab countrys actually our society pakistani society they dont accept these naked things most people in pakistan dont bcuz in pakistan we hav riligious people alims so they condemn these things...arabs people r open minded so they like these things naked stuff..
turks r muslims or not no one knows bcuz they r very different kind of muslims.
arabs they r modren nd open minded they accept every haram toob in there society belly dancing nd many adult entertainments for there youth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom