What's new

Turkish soap operas (TV dramas) seduce Arab world

Nahraf

Reaction score
The Turkish soap operas (TV serials) have been huge success in Arab world in last five years. The soap opera from South America have been dubbed in Arabic and shown in Middle East but they never had the success as Turkish one. The Turkish soap operas show a modern Muslim culture with equality of genders and love among couples. This new and attractive Muslim alternative has rocked the Arab world. The Arab women now expect their husband to be loving, understanding and help household work. But the Arab men don't want to change and this has created tension among Arab couples and in some cases divorce.

Public reactions of religious leaders and conservatives in Arab countries have been severe. The grand mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, condemned Turkish soap opera "Noor" and issued a fatwa against it. Also, chief justice of the supreme judicial court in Saudi Arabia made a public statement saying that “it is lawful to kill … the apostles of depravation … if their evil cannot be easily removed through simple sanctions” in talking about the show’s creators. He later clarified that he was not advocating murder but open to capital punishment. Nevertheless, despite all of the negative attention and drastic reactions from religious leaders, the show’s fan base has steadily grown along with media attention surrounding the controversy.

The Turkish soap operas (TV serials) have been huge success in Arab world in last five years. The soap opera from South America have been dubbed in Arabic and shown in Middle East but they never had the success as Turkish one. The Turkish soap operas show a modern Muslim culture with equality of genders and love among couples. This new and attractive Muslim alternative has rocked the Arab world. The Arab women now expect their husband to be loving, understanding and help household work. But the Arab men don't want to change and this has created tension among Arab couples and in some cases divorce.

Public reactions of religious leaders and conservatives in Arab countries have been severe. The grand mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, condemned Turkish soap opera "Noor" and issued a fatwa against it. Also, chief justice of the supreme judicial court in Saudi Arabia made a public statement saying that “it is lawful to kill … the apostles of depravation … if their evil cannot be easily removed through simple sanctions” in talking about the show’s creators. He later clarified that he was not advocating murder but open to capital punishment. Nevertheless, despite all of the negative attention and drastic reactions from religious leaders, the show’s fan base has steadily grown along with media attention surrounding the controversy.

It was not Turkish , soap operas it was Spanish Soaps , steamy raunchy soaps from Spain :P

It was not Turkish , soap operas it was Spanish Soaps , steamy raunchy soaps from Spain :P

The Turkish soap operas are causing cultural shift in the Arab world. Few links:

Turkish soap opera flop takes Arab world by storm
Turkish soap opera flop takes Arab world by storm | Entertainment | Reuters

Arabic Love Affair with Turkish Soap Operas
http://film.arnb.com/index.php?opti...-soap-operas&catid=1:film-production&Itemid=4

Turkish Soap Operas Captivate Arab World
Turkish Soap Operas Captivate Arab World (VIDEO)

'Un-Islamic' Turkish soap opera all the rage in West Bank, Gaza
'Un-Islamic' Turkish soap opera all the rage in West Bank, Gaza<br><br> - Haaretz - Israel News

Turkish Soap Operas in the Arab World
Turkish Soap Operas in the Arab World | Facebook

The Turkish soap operas are causing cultural shift in the Arab world. Few links:

Turkish soap opera flop takes Arab world by storm
Turkish soap opera flop takes Arab world by storm | Entertainment | Reuters

Arabic Love Affair with Turkish Soap Operas
http://film.arnb.com/index.php?opti...-soap-operas&catid=1:film-production&Itemid=4

Turkish Soap Operas Captivate Arab World
Turkish Soap Operas Captivate Arab World (VIDEO)

'Un-Islamic' Turkish soap opera all the rage in West Bank, Gaza
'Un-Islamic' Turkish soap opera all the rage in West Bank, Gaza<br><br> - Haaretz - Israel News

Turkish Soap Operas in the Arab World
Turkish Soap Operas in the Arab World | Facebook

If its that hot and steamy please pass me the link to the episodes I will be the judge if its good for general public or not :whistle: if you don't see me on forums that means I am watching the latest episodes on my tv - just a heads up learning to be a good husband

seems to be like the bollywood case lol

I would rather have Turkish Soap Operas in Pakistan rather than BS indian soap operas for a number of reasons!

1. Turkish Soap Operas promote a moderate Islamic culture with modern lifestyle, whereas the indian BS promotes hindu and indian culture full of nude women and the worship of hindu deities.

2. This will help change Pakistani society and make it less extremist.

3. Women will have more rights and they will not be beaten to death as is the case in some areas of Pakistan.

4. Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I would rather have Turkish Soap Operas in Pakistan rather than BS indian soap operas for a number of reasons!

1. Turkish Soap Operas promote a moderate Islamic culture with modern lifestyle, whereas the indian BS promotes hindu and indian culture full of nude women and the worship of hindu deities.

3. Women will have more rights and they will not be beaten to death as is the case in some areas of Pakistan.

4. Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

And I thought onscreen nudity is banned in Indian television.Either whatever I watch everyday on television is an illusion or somebody is totally out of his mind.
I dont understand if there is so much of hatred for Indian soaps in Pakistan then why still there is so much of demand for them.:blink::blink:

And I thought onscreen nudity is banned in Indian television.Either whatever I watch everyday on television is an illusion or somebody is totally out of his mind.

sorry, your out of your mind! Maybe you live on Jupiter. Its a well known fact that bollywood is full of shameful nudity, i don't even have to explain that.

I dont understand if there is so much of hatred for Indian soaps in Pakistan then why still there is so much of demand for them.:blink::blink:

Demand, what demand? The average Pakistani does not even have electricity or enough water to live his life in peace, do you think we would give damn about indian movies?

If its that hot and steamy please pass me the link to the episodes I will be the judge if its good for general public or not :whistle: if you don't see me on forums that means I am watching the latest episodes on my tv - just a heads up learning to be a good husband

hahahaaa:rofl: you are the man.. u rules..:toast_sign:

PS: send me the links too if somebody gives it in personal message.:whistle:

There are 430 odd channels.. its just that u just know about starplus and sony tv.

Turkish Soap Operas promote a moderate Islamic culture with modern lifestyle, whereas the indian BS promotes hindu and indian culture full of nude women and the worship of hindu deities.

nude?/ which channel. PM to me about it. :whistle:

Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense.

yes ,let Indians have the shameless Bollywood nonsenses..

PS; dont forget the PM about that channel. Please....:man_in_love:

There are 430 odd channels.. its just that u just know about starplus and sony tv.

nude?/ which channel. PM to me about it. :whistle:

yes ,let Indians have the shameless Bollywood nonsenses..

PS; dont forget the PM about that channel. Please....:man_in_love:

hmmm, i don't need to repeat myself, check post # 8

:wave:

sorry, your out of your mind! Maybe you live on Jupiter. Its a well known fact that bollywood is full of shameful nudity, i don't even have to explain that.

Demand, what demand? The average Pakistani does not even have electricity or enough water to live his life in peace, do you think we would give damn about indian movies?

Hmm... extremely sorry,i was under the preoccupation that u understood the difference between a soap opera and a movie,which is churned out by bollywood or the the Indian film industry.
Here,let me help you out.Meaning of soap opera.
U may search the entire galaxy,my friend trying to catch an Indian television signal airing nudity ,but be rest assured u will not find any.

Let me assure u, any form of nudity on "television" is banned in India.
If a movie has any sexual content then it must get an "A" certificate from the censor board,and it cannot be shown publicly.

I dont find anything wrong with onscreen nudity.Nobody is going to show it to u forcefully if u dont want to see it,or any minor for that matter.
Here in India,people are free to choose what they want to see and what not.
Free will or freedom of expression,does these words sound unfamiliar to u??

hmmm, i don't need to repeat myself, check post # 8

:wave:

Yup checked that. Nice to know you have good knowledge about the soaps and bollywood in TV.

We in India has got a device we call "remote control" so that we can skip the programs we dont want to watch with simple touch using finger

So when soaps come in few channels , we have hundred others to watch to .. more like 400+ channels to select from.

And i still believe its an Indians responsibility to complain about the soaps shown in its country's television , not a job for a Pakistani viewer. What u think??

Hmm... extremely sorry,i was under the preoccupation that u understood the difference between a soap opera and a movie,which is churned out by bollywood or the the Indian film industry.
Here,let me help you out.Meaning of soap opera.
U may search the entire galaxy,my friend trying to catch an Indian television signal airing nudity ,but be rest assured u will not find any.

Let me assure u, any form of nudity on "television" is banned in India.
If a movie has any sexual content then it must get an "A" certificate from the censor board,and it cannot be shown publicly.

I dont find anything wrong with onscreen nudity.Nobody is going to show it to u forcefully if u dont want to see it,or any minor for that matter.
Here in India,people are free to choose what they want to see and what not.
Free will or freedom of expression,does these words sound unfamiliar to u??

i guess you haven't understood and ignored most of my points.

here is what i said in my first post on this thread:

"I would rather have Turkish Soap Operas in Pakistan rather than BS indian soap operas for a number of reasons!

4. Last, but not least it will make our youth wean off of that shameful bollywood nonsense."

Now concerning Starplus and other indian channels that were popular in Pakistan, songs from bollywood films would be played, one such example is a song (forgot the name of the song) from the indian movie Musafir (i think that's the name) in which women wearing tiny skirts bending down with their behinds sticking in the air!

Yup checked that. Nice to know you have good knowledge about the soaps and bollywood in TV.

We in India has got a device we call "remote control" so that we can skip the programs we dont want to watch with simple touch using finger

Yes, you in india have the remote control, but her in Pakistan most of us don't!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom