What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

There's no such thing as a MPT76 Mk2. The rifle you're talking about was called the Mehmetcik-1. The MPT76 was designed by Kale, not MKEK.

Read very carefully what I wrote I clearly stated that technically we are already on a Mk.II of MPT76 however officially MKEK does not signal this due to their own embarrassment. They failed to produce the weapon to the required and advertised specs. The initial MPT76 batch was a complete failure on part of MKEK. The weapons production processes and metallurgy / elemental compositions were completely redesigned by other Turkish companies who are actually far more capable than MKEK.

Let me make it clear for you, when you redesign the metallurgy / elemental compositions and production processes of a weapon and make it lighter, more reliable, more accurate, and more sustainable, it is 100% a new version. It is that simple.

The new version is far superior to the initial batch that MKEK produced. The military and SSM reacted very quickly, implementing an effective solution to a massive problem in record time while promoting both cooperation and healthy competition within our small arms industry. This will only lead to better weapons in the future.

That is something you should be happy about, not something that seems to hurt your pride.

I don't even understand the fetish everyone seems to have for the MPT76, I mean I understand why the everything milli crowd does it but you guys?

Commando's/JOH use HK33
OKK bought HK
Police got Sig&HK

Meanwhile people expect MPT76 to be actively used in combat??
MPT76 for us is hopefully going to be what the Famas was/is for the French. A durable 'modern' rifle to replace G3 on long term and on shorter term replace some of the HK33s used by combat units.

The only thing I wanted was MPT76 DMR version to replace Kanas.

Read very carefully what I wrote I clearly stated that technically we are already on a Mk.II of MPT76 however officially MKEK does not signal this due to their own embarrassment. They failed to produce the weapon to the required and advertised specs. The initial MPT76 batch was a complete failure on part of MKEK. The weapons production processes and metallurgy / elemental compositions were completely redesigned by other Turkish companies who are actually far more capable than MKEK.

Let me make it clear for you, when you redesign the metallurgy / elemental compositions and production processes of a weapon and make it lighter, more reliable, more accurate, and more sustainable, it is 100% a new version. It is that simple.

The new version is far superior to the initial batch that MKEK produced. The military and SSM reacted very quickly, implementing an effective solution to a massive problem in record time while promoting both cooperation and healthy competition within our small arms industry. This will only lead to better weapons in the future.

That is something you should be happy about, not something that seems to hurt your pride.

Brother, we can get all blueptrints Right ?

Metalürjik, kimyasal, biolijk etki ve tepki "coinsidince" (Türkce kelimesi bence yok)

- belki " es etkileme" diyebiliriz.

Olmazsa , olmaz

In what year did this metallurgy/production process change happen?

Aselsan's Cenker system components

IMG_3941.JPG

@Yenikuyu Did you mean something like this? Sorry i am not pro at guns if that is not what you meant

Yes. It seems Jandarma has replaced Dragunov with bolt-action JNG-90 whereas Army still has them showing up in pictures. So there is room there for it if it's a good weapon.

Does Turkey produce any hunting rifles? All I can find are pistol and shotgun producers.

Does Turkey produce any hunting rifles? All I can find are pistol and shotgun producers.

Because, the production of grooved rifles for private sector is prohibited in Turkey (except for production for export). But soon, the private sector will be able to produce grooved rifles for the domestic market. Many Turkish arms producers are waiting for permits to release the production of grooved rifles for the domestic market. As far as I know, some companies are currently developing grooved rifles, e.g:

ATA ARMS TURQUA

O0XJLA.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom