What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

Is there a chance of seeing a bullpup version of MPT for special forces in the future?

Is there a chance of seeing a bullpup version of MPT for special forces in the future?
afaik you cant turn an AR type rifle into a legit bull pup you can with other weapons though:

(Some people are messing with bull pup ar designs at home but im not sure how succesfull they will be: Ar-15 to bullpup conversion

SKS:

Before:

Simonov-SKS-45.JPG

After conversion to Bull Pup:

1_rifles_yugo_sks_bullpup_7.62x39_rifle_191065.jpg

Shernic Gun Works

M-14

Before:

M14 Service Rifle pic.jpg

After conversion to Bullpup:

BullDogTroyR2_12.JPG

M14 Rogue Chassis System

AKM:

Before:

Soviet_AKM_Assault_Rifle_by_ToxicGas.jpg

After conversion to bullpup:

1156950_01_ak_47_bullpup_gp1975_7_62x39_640.jpg

AK

-------
I can tell you guys that the Canik tp9 is a very comfortable pistol, it has an excellent trigger, it is very well balanced, and it doesn't feel cheap. The Canik Stingray is heavy but is well built, trigger is also excellent, safety and other controls are kind of tight (Gun might have needed some oil or something).

It says "Yurt Savunma Sanayi, geçen yıl olduğu gibi bu yıl da yabancı firmaları geride bıraktı. Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü’nün 25 bin adet tabanca ihalesini, performansıyla nefes kesen “Canik TP9SF”marka ve modeli kazandı."

Türk polisinin yerli silahı: Canik - En son haber

It says "Yurt Savunma Sanayi, geçen yıl olduğu gibi bu yıl da yabancı firmaları geride bıraktı. Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü’nün 25 bin adet tabanca ihalesini, performansıyla nefes kesen “Canik TP9SF”marka ve modeli kazandı."

Türk polisinin yerli silahı: Canik - En son haber

And related news from Canik's (Kenik :) ) official website...

CANİK 55 - Samsun Yurt Savunma Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Does anybody know how the POF pistols compare to these Turkish ones ? esp the Sarslimaz.
Some Turkish company should make a pistol in the 7.62x25 (.30 bore) caliber...and some ammo as well with different types of bullets.
I like the MPT and think that the carrying handle is a good addition...they should have made it folding like the FAL though.

Does anybody know how the POF pistols compare to these Turkish ones ? esp the Sarslimaz.
Some Turkish company should make a pistol in the 7.62x25 (.30 bore) caliber...and some ammo as well with different types of bullets.
I like the MPT and think that the carrying handle is a good addition...they should have made it folding like the FAL though.
Idk much about pof but the 2nd post of this thread has an article about an american guy who traveled to turkey and visited the sarsilmaz factory. He explains what he saw and gives his opinion on sarsilmaz.

you can watch TP9 series comparison in youtube search below
CANİK TP 9 V2, SA, SF KARŞILAŞTIRMASI

I don't think you can fit the Firing mechanism of MPT as a bullpop version

AR15(MPT is probably like this one)

an commen automatic bullpop rifle

As you see the reload system its solved differently in both type of rifles

I don't think you can fit the Firing mechanism of MPT as a bullpop version

AR15(MPT is probably like this one)

an commen automatic bullpop rifle

As you see the reload system its solved differently in both type of rifles

Unlike the AR15, the MPT uses a gas-piston mechanism so it might be possible to convert it to a bullpup, although it depends on the internals. It might still have a buffer tube, I'm not sure.

Unlike the AR15, the MPT uses a gas-piston mechanism so it might be possible to convert it to a bullpup, although it depends on the internals. It might still have a buffer tube, I'm not sure.

So far I see it, if there aren't any internals in the butt stock than it should be able to convert it into a bullpop version.

edit:
but looking to this picture it makes me think that it is using the same concept as ar15
aselsan_zps6e0c266d-1-jpg.30257

Copied image from MPT-76 Battle Rifle | News and Discussions | Page 13

Last edited:
So far I see it, if there aren't any internals in the butt stock than it should be able to convert it into a bullpop version.

edit:
but looking to this picture it makes me think that it is using the same concept as ar15
aselsan_zps6e0c266d-1-jpg.30257

Copied image from MPT-76 Battle Rifle | News and Discussions | Page 13

Yeah you're probably right. It's similar to the HK417 but it can't be too similar because the HK417's mechanism is patented. As long as its a good rifle and we have full rights to the design, that's fine with me, even if it's not that innovative.

Back
Top Bottom