What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

9x19mm

91696270-98F5-4D09-BE15-A84D152C225A.jpeg

Finally someone has started thinking improved mp5ks against sig mpx and B&t.
Lock catching is inevitable for SMGs and additional lock release button and magazine release button , ar15 type charging handle will transform old mp5 platform into modern SMG.
SMGs are being used under very critical pressured conditions when you can't just spend precious seconds to charging bolt and release magazine. Also your barrel shouldn't leave aiming at your target.
Nice work.

Good that we build a modern version of the PKM, it's just the KING under the machine guns.... and also liked by our Soldiers.

That is indeed good but you know what isn't good?The fact that MKE has been working on it since 2009 and it still has not entered serial production.Meanwhile others are experimenting with MG's in 338 Norma magnum and 6.5 cal. while MKEK wasted time and resources on FN MAG copy which is hardly any better than MG3 and is getting replaced in many armies in NATO including Belgium,from which it originated 60+ years ago.
Don't get me wrong I am a big supporter of Turkey and it's defense industry but MKE really needs to get a grip on what they are doing.

That is indeed good but you know what isn't good?The fact that MKE has been working on it since 2009 and it still has not entered serial production.Meanwhile others are experimenting with MG's in 338 Norma magnum and 6.5 cal. while MKEK wasted time and resources on FN MAG copy which is hardly any better than MG3 and is getting replaced in many armies in NATO including Belgium,from which it originated 60+ years ago.
Don't get me wrong I am a big supporter of Turkey and it's defense industry but MKE really needs to get a grip on what they are doing.

MKEK is known for this, we're used to it :D

Isn't 338 NM a little bit too much for GPMG's?

MKEK is known for this, we're used to it :D

Isn't 338 NM a little bit too much for GPMG's?

I think it is but then again almost everybody was telling the same thing to Ronnie Barret when he was working to make a semi-automatic sniper rifle chambered in 12.7mm.Turned out he was right. :D
So no idea really i guess only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom