What's new

Turkish public believes Turkey has no friends - but Turks

The Russian ambassador was called to the foreign department due to the unsafe behaviour of a Russian aircraft over international waters.
That is normal behaviour when foreign powers are out of line.

Sweden has the final say on if there should be an Chinese ambassador to Sweden at all, and
we reserve the right to reject any choice China makes.
China can choose not to have an ambassador in Sweden, that is all.
Expel him and we'll expel yours, but Sweden has no guts to do so.

Expel him and we'll expel yours, but Sweden has no guts to do so.
That is the expected reply from a bully, when proven wrong.
We expel diplomats when they are misbehaving.
China and Russia expels diplomats because their diplomats are expelled for misbehaving.

Lol at the people saying ''Turks are isolated hurr durr'' lol as if anyone would go to war for your country, Turks just had their lessons from the history and approach such sentimental topics with more realistic feelings.
We Turks have nations that we consider brotherly but when it comes to conflicts then we dont expect anyone to fight our wars, thats the reason why Turkey always tries to become independent as much as possible, espacially in defence sector.
But that doesnt mean Turks dont want a friendly relationships to anyone.

You want to trust others about your security? You are welcome to do so.

Last edited:
Lol at the people saying ''Turks are isolated hurr durr'' lol as if anyone would go to war for your country, Turks just had their lessons from the history and approach such sentimental topics with more realistic feelings.
We Turks have nations that we consider brotherly but when it comes to conflicts then we dont expect anyone to fight our wars, thats the reason why Turkey always tries to become independent as much as possible, espacially in defence sector.
But that doesnt mean Turks dont want a friendly relationships to anyone.

Everything you've said would've been correct, had Turkiye not been part of NATO.

while we think we have only few friends and turkey is one of them :D

... when it comes to conflicts then we dont expect anyone to fight our wars...

Turkey had to be part of NATO because there was a threat of soviet invasion.
Apart from that i dont see anything worng with it, Turkey got a lot benefits by being part of it.

Looks like you answered your own question. Turns out there are times when need to rely on others...
Times when you need a coalition... others to die for your independence...

What I'm understanding is, for Turks it is okay if others come and die for Turkish cause ... but do not expect Turks to reply in kind.

Looks like you answered your own question. Turns out there are times when need to rely on others...
Times when you need a coalition... others to die for your independence...

What I'm understanding is, for Turks it is okay if others come and die for Turkish cause ... but do not expect Turks to reply in kind.
NATO is a contract, like I told you. But did we actually trusted them? No. We trusted that our existance is better for their interests rather than the Soviets, But there was no ''trust.''
What do you really want? Why you care about who we trust or who we don't trust? I will be honest there, if you wanna see infinite trust from us, you will never see it. Look at to summit that Imran Khan didn't come just because Saudi's told him not to come... And it is the answer.
Now would you give your infinite trust to another state, nation? Maybe. But I won't.

NATO is a contract, like I told you. But did we actually trusted them? No. We trusted that our existance is better for their interests rather than the Soviets, But there was no ''trust.''
What do you really want? Why you care about who we trust or who we don't trust? I will be honest there, if you wanna see infinite trust from us, you will never see it. Look at to summit that Imran Khan didn't come just because Saudi's told him not to come... And it is the answer.
Now would you give your infinite trust to another state, nation? Maybe. But I won't.

Please! Trust? Who are we kidding... Turkiye to this day has THE largest NATO base in the region... what contract? Or trust? Proof is in the pudding.

Either way, please do not forget this survey is by Turks about Turks and their opinion about everyone around them ... so, you can take it up with the conductors of this survey.

What Pakistan did or didn't do... All I know is Pakistan is the only country that does not recognize Armenia in favor of Turkiye and Azerbaijan... and among the very few countries who recognize Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. As a poster mentioned earlier Pakistan took a lot of flack for that... it had an excellent relationship going with Greeks... but when it came to choose, it was quite evident they chose their brother, perhaps not reciprocated... but it is there

You want Turkey to make a caliphate but Turkey isn't interested in making an "Islamic Caliphate," they don't believe in those concepts anymore.

That was history brother.

Erdoğan is not a western slave like Atatürk.

Erdoğan is taking concrete actions and showing the West who is the leader.

I hope Pakistan soon gets a leader like Erdoğan.

Back
Top Bottom