What's new

Turkish protesters recite Quranic verses outside the Swedish embassy in response to the burning of the holy book

TheSolution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A copy of the Quran was burned outside the Turkish embassy in Sweden. In response, the following verses were recited outside the Swedish embassy in Turkey.

Even if they burn the physical copy of the Quran, they can never remove it from the hearts of those who have memorised it.

Who cares it's a piece of papers. Likewise Western countries should not be punishing Holocaust denial if they really believe in freedom of expression.

But this rioting achieves nothing. I remember the boycotting campaign against Denmark and France.

That was much more effective and did not hurt anyone physically. If only people knew the art of safe and successful war.

I'm also surprised at some Turks claiming they are a secular society when majority of Turkey seems to be religious.

Last edited:
Who cares it's a piece of papers. Likewise Western countries should not be punishing Holocaust denial if they really believe in freedom of expression.

But this rioting achieves nothing. I remember the boycotting campaign against Denmark and France.

That was much more effective and did not hurt anyone physically. If only people knew the art of safe and successful war.

I'm also surprised at Turks claiming they are a secular society when majority of Turkey seems to be religious.
Holocaust happened ,freedom of expression doesn't mean you can day what ever you want.

I'm also surprised at some Turks claiming they are a secular society when majority of Turkey seems to be religious.
Who cares about racial slurs or insults? It's just a word

Who cares about the Mein Kempf? It's just a book

Who cares about jail? It's just a room

Clearly these things hold meaning and your actions are quite likely to invoke feelings or provoke action.

Also they are not hurting anyone physically nor would I say they are "rioting"! I think it's entirely normal and human nature to expect at least some reaction.

Try walking down the street and insulting peoples' mothers and let's see how many people consider it as just some words.

Who cares about racial slurs or insults? It's just a word

Who cares about the Mein Kempf? It's just a book

Who cares about jail? It's just a room

Clearly these things hold meaning and your actions are quite likely to invoke feelings or provoke action.

Also they are not hurting anyone physically nor would I say they are "rioting"! I think it's entirely normal and human nature to expect at least some reaction.

Try walking down the street and insulting peoples' mothers and let's see how many people consider it as just some words.

It's up to the person to choose to be offended. I'm not referring to those people, but Muslims rioting because of some stupid cartoons shows that they are clearly not evolved.

You live in Britian. I'll bet you murdering somebody for insulting your mother will still get you charged.

It's up to the person to choose to be offended. I'm not referring to those people, but Muslims rioting because of some stupid cartoons shows that they are clearly not evolved.

You live in Britian. I'll bet you murdering somebody for insulting your mother will still get you charged.
No one is murdering anyone, no one is rioting nor is anyone physically hurting anyone.

They gathered outside the Swedish embassy in a peaceful manner and protested by reciting Quranic verses.

Which is not hateful in anyway unlike what the others had done.

The point is "words", "papers", "books" all have meaning and it's foolish to expect people not to say anything if they are being insulted or provoked.

If someone insulted your mother would you not at least verbally respond, ask them what is the issue? This is essentially the same thing which has happened here, the response was neither hateful nor violent

You are delusional if you think West allows freedom of expression.

Back
Top Bottom