• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i remember him from 2002 world cup but Hasan Sas was just Amazing too. i guess he was captain.

There were other players too i remember Yilmiz, Besturk and their Amazing Golie forgot his name it started from letter ''R''.

Anyways like in the video the commentator says its an emotional farewell to Korean team:lol:

and it turned out to be true:rofl:

Now a days they just dont qualify but Sahin is best among them now a days.

Where is their dutch coach now a days? Shouldnt Turkey resign him?

Yeah, Turkey had a really awesome team in 2002. Hasan sas was really good, but my favorite player was Hakan Sukur.
I don't know why Turkey didn't qualified for the 2014 world cup.:undecided:

Really?!!! :-)
Actually, I thought that only their names are the same, but this parliament member is a different person.
No its really him, he is a know supprter of Gülen, he resigned from AKP one day before the raids began.
He openly said in his letter he resigned because of the fight between Gülen and AKP.

Can you please give me some information about Gülen? I have heard his name multiple times, and for me it seems that he is somehow the father of political islamists in Turkey.

PS. BTW, I didn't receive any notification when you mentioned me, I had the same problem multiple times before when some other members mentioned me. Do you have the same problem when other members mention you? or it is just about my account?:undecided:

Can you please give me some information about Gülen? I have heard his name multiple times, and for me it seems that he is somehow the father of political islamist in Turkey.

PS. BTW, I didn't receive any notification when you mentioned me, I had the same problem multiple times before when some other members mentioned me. Do you have the same problem when other members mention you? or it is just about my account?:undecided:
Gülen movement is really mysterious, they support a liberal Islam where education has a important place (real education not madrasa). They have thousands of schools in over 100 countrys.
They support women and believe in equal right between women and man. They even say women dont need to cover their hair.

They have many people in govermental institutions espacially police.
They also have enough support among the people to influence the result of elections, after this fight it could be that Gülen supports CHP, CHP has a real chance to beat AKP if that happens.

Gülen had good relations to various secular politicians in Turkey, Bülent Ecevit for exsample a hardcore laicist. But he decided to go into exile in USA because such religious movements are not allowed in Turkey, hes living in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania now.

Even if Gülen movement represents someting like a ''Islam Light'' the secular dont trust them because they are too mysterious like illuminati, nobody knows really what their goal is.

Here is more info for you.
Fethullah Gülen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW: i mentioned you later after i allready posted the message, i edited it, thats the reason i think.

Gülen movement is really mysterious, they support a liberal Islam where education has a important place (real education not madrasa). They have thousands of schools in over 100 countrys.
They support women and believe in equal right between women and man. They even say women dont need to cover their hair.

They have many people in govermental institutions espacially police.
They also have enough support among the people to influence the result of elections, after this fight it could be that Gülen supports CHP, CHP has a real chance to beat AKP if that happens.

Gülen had good relations to various secular politicians in Turkey, Bülent Ecevit for exsample a hardcore laicist. But he decided to go into exile in USA because such religious movements are not allowed in Turkey, hes living in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania now.

Even if Gülen movement represents someting like a ''Islam Light'' the secular dont trust them because they are too mysterious like illuminati, nobody knows really what their goal is.

Here is more info for you.

BTW: i mentioned you later after i allready posted the message, i edited it, thats the reason i think.

Yes, It seems that his network of followers have an immense influence on many parts of turkish society, and they are really mysterious.
BTW, in your opinion, what percentage of turkish society are in favor of each party in Turkey? and which part of society are their main supporters? BTW, One of my Azeri acquaintances who lives in Baku and has regular trips to Turkey, told me that about 70% of Turks support islamist parties combined. But actually, he is a little bit religious himself, and I wanted to know if you endorse this rough estimate or not.

BTW, in your opinion, what percentage of turkish society are in favor of each party in Turkey? and which part of society are their main supporters?

I think after this term AKP will loose many moderate supporters (i voted last time for AKP), they could get about 40%.
CHP as main opposition party will surely increase their votes but its hard to tell how much they will get.
And about MHP, i dont know, i think they will remain the same.

But if Gülen decides to support CHP then things will change dramatically, some say that 10% of Turkish society supports Gülen, this would mean that CHP gets 8-10% more votes while AKP is loosing 10%.
This would mean 39% for AKP and 35% for CHP, considering the last election results, CHP could even beat them if enough moderate voters draft to CHP.

BTW, One of my Azeri acquaintances who lives in Baku and has regular trips to Turkey, told me that about 70% of Turks support islamist parties combined. But actually, he is a little bit religious himself, and I wanted to know if you endorse this rough estimate or not.
Sry but this is completely BS, there is only one religious party in Turkey, AKP.
They got 49% last elections, and by far not everyone who voted for AKP did this because of religious feelings.

I think after this term AKP will loose many moderate supporters (i voted last time for AKP), they could get about 40%.
CHP as main opposition party will surely increase their votes but its hard to tell how much they will get.
And about MHP, i dont know, i think they will remain the same.
But if Gülen decides to support CHP then things will change dramatically, some say that 10% of Turkish society supports Gülen, this would mean that CHP gets 8-10% more votes while AKP is loosing 10%.
This would mean 39% for AKP and 35% for CHP, considering the last election results, CHP could even beat them if enough moderate voters draft to CHP.
Sry but this is completely BS, there is only one religious party in Turkey, AKP.
They got 49% last elections, and by far not everyone who voted for AKP did this because of religious feelings.

But I don't understand why do you expect Gülen to support CHP this time?
I am really interested to know about Gülen. I have heard some articles about his network of schools as well, I need to do some research about him.
Anyway, thanks for information, I doubted about my friend's statistics since he is too religious and I expected him not to be fair about the real percentages.
BTW, It is really interesting for me to know who are the main supporters of each party? for example, what about rural population, urban population, kurds or alawites, governmental employees, ... whom are they supporting?

But I don't understand why do you expect Gülen to support CHP this time?
As i said it before, gülen is ok with a secular Turkey he thinks that a ''secular goverment fits about 95% with Islam''.
Secularism
Gülen has criticized laicism as a politics rooted in a philosophically reductionist materialism. But he has also argued that Islam and democracy are compatible and he encourages greater democracy within Turkey. He argues that a secular approach that is not anti-religious and allows for freedom of religion and belief is compatible with Islam.

According to Gulen in democratic-secular countries, ninety-five percent of Islamic principles are permissible and practically feasible, and there is no problem with them. The remaining five percent are not worth fighting for.

And he also had good relations to secular politicians, if he wants to harm AKP seriously then he has to support the biggest opposition party CHP.

BTW, It is really interesting for me to know who are the main supporters of each party? for example, what about rural population, urban population, kurds or alawites, governmental employees, ... whom are they supporting?
In rural areas the percentage of AKP is the biggest, also in parts of society with lower education.

CHP is more popular in southern and western coast area, Izmir and Thrace (european part of Turkey).

Kurds are divided into religious and non religious, the religious ones support AKP the non religious BDP (Kurdish party)

The Alewites are loyal to Atatürk and very nationalistic they support CHP.

Last edited:
As i said it before, gülen is ok with a secular Turkey he thinks that a ''secular goverment fit about 95% with Islam''.

And he also had good relations to secular politicians, if he wants to harm AKP seriously then he has to support the biggest opposition party CHP.

Honestly, I have some doubts about it. Islamists in general, have some hypocrisy. Even Khomeini, before the 1979 revolution, was saying that he is supporting freedom for all parts of society, including women and even communists, .... and when he was asked about the next ruling system of the society, he said that he wants to establish a republic exactly like France , but he did completely opposite of it.
Anyway, I am waiting to see what would be his decision in the next election.
BTW, what about Turkish army and its generals? Are they still loyal to Ataturk's ideas and secularism or their generals are influenced and may be some of them are changed by AKP?
In rural areas the percentage of AKP is the biggest, also in parts of society with lower education.

CHP is more popular in southern and western coast area, Izmir and Thrace (european part of Turkey).

Kurds are divided into religious and non religious, the religious ones support AKP the non religious BDP (Kurdish party)

The Alewites are loyal to Atatürk and very nationalistic they support CHP.

Very interesting information. Thanks

Honestly, I have some doubts about it. Islamists in general, have some hypocrisy. Even Khomeini, before the 1979 revolution, was saying that he is supporting freedom for all parts of society, including women and even communists, .... and when he was asked about the next ruling system of the society, he said that he wants to establish a republic exactly like France , but he did completely opposite of it.
Anyway, I am waiting to see what would be his decision in the next election.
BTW, what about Turkish army and its generals? Are they still loyal to Ataturk's ideas and secularism or their generals are influenced and may be some of them are changed by AKP?
The exsample of Iran is the reason why seculars and the biggest part of society in Turkey dont trust gülen, anyways he has a support but by far not enough to do something bigger, thats why he needs CHP if he wants to harm AKP.

And about generals, im not a military expert, but military has definitely not the same might like before.
You better talk with @Neptune @AlpErTunga @cabatli_53 in this issue.
But warning Neptune is ultra secular :lol: and cabatli doesnt like talking about politics i think.

The exsample of Iran is the reason why seculars and the biggest part of society in Turkey dont trust gülen, anyways he has a support but by far not enough to do something bigger, thats why he needs CHP if he wants to harm AKP.

And about generals, im not a military expert, but military has definitely not the same might like before.
You better talk with @Neptune @AlpErTunga @cabatli_53 in this issue.
But warning Neptune is ultra secular :lol: and cabatli doesnt like talk about politics i think.
So I think @Neptune has closer ideas to me :lol:
BTW, thanks for all of your interesting information ;)

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom