Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
595352f8259d5e014b0090db39b8de1e

This file photo taken on July 28, 2015 shows a military aircraft on the runway at Incirlik Air Base, in the outskirts of the city of Adana, southeastern Turkey. Picture: AFP

Jamie Seidel, agenciesNews Corp Australia Network
TURKISH citizens and police have ‘surrounded’ the Incirlik air base it operates with the United States — and where a large stockpile of NATO nuclear weapons is held — ahead of a visit by a senior US official tomorrow.

Reports out of Turkey suggest all entrances to the air base have been blocked by heavy vehicles and police sent to secure its peremiter.

The unusual nigh-time move sparked rumours of a second coup attempt on Turkish social media, with concerned citizens rushing to the air base to join the blockade.

The move comes less than a week after a top US Army general was accused by Turkish media of ‘leading’ the uprising against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan earlier this month.

View image on Twitter
Coptsd1UsAAR-r4.jpg:small

ilhan tanir

US İncirlik air base cordoned off by municipality trucks and bulldozers due to 2nd coup rumors. Turkey

5:04 AM - 31 Jul 2016
But Turkish Minister for European Affairs has since reportedly sought to reassure local media, stating the mission was just a “safety inspection”.

Regional Governor Ahmet Cina has told Turkish news services: “Everthing is normal and controlled. There is no movement of our troops.”

US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Joseph Dunford is due to fly in for an inspection of the air base later today. He is also expected to hold talks with the Turkish government in Ankara.

Last week, General Dunford labelled Turkish claims that a retired US general was behind the coup as “absurd”.

a1ee0236b6536cadb1127c6f2ad5c920

This file picture, released by the US Air Force, shows a US F-16 taking off from the Inirlik base. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

58c1cdd1279d3a6c0331e8dcffc17845

The NATO air base and nuclear weapons store at Incirlik, Turkey. Picture: Google MapsSource:Supplied

The Turkish Hurriyet news service reported Turkish authorities had responded to “intelligence reports” by ordering the move about 11pm Turkish time.

It states ‘riot police’ and armed vehicles have ‘taken precautions’ around the base.

The air base has been a central facility in US and NATO efforts against Islamic State. It also houses a stockpile of nuclear weapons as part of NATO’s deterrence force.

Several of the aircraft used by coup forces during the failed uprising flew out of the Incirlik air base, which then had its power supply cut off for several weeks.

ARMED FORCES ‘REINED-IN’

Turkey will shut down its military academies and put the armed forces under the command of the defence minister, President Tayyip Erdogan said in a move designed to bring the military under tighter government control after a failed coup.

The changes come after more than 1700 military personnel were dishonourably discharged for their role in the abortive July 15-16 putsch. Erdogan, who narrowly escaped capture and possible death on the night of the coup, told Reuters in an interview last week that the military, NATO’s second-biggest, needed “fresh blood”.

The dishonourable discharges included around 40 per cent of Turkey’s admirals and generals.

Turkey accuses US-based Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen of orchestrating the putsch, in which a faction of the military commandeered tanks, helicopters and fighter jets and attempted to topple the government. Erdogan has said 237 people were killed and more than 2100 wounded.

Gulen, who has lived in self-imposed exile in the United States for years, denies the charge and has condemned the coup.

So far, more than 60,000 people in the military, judiciary, civil service and schools have been either detained, removed or suspended over suspected links with Gulen.

Turkey’s Western allies condemned the attempted putsch, but have been rattled by the scale of the resulting crackdown.

Both the general staff and the intelligence agency now report to the prime minister’s office. Putting them under the president’s overall direction would be in line with Erdogan’s push for a new constitution centred on a strong executive presidency.

Erdogan also said that a total of 10,137 people have been formally arrested following the coup.
Source: NEWS.com.AU

I believe it is a message to the US from Turkey. This entire episode is full of enigma. I've never found it so difficult to sort out who's who at the moment in Turkey. Who's really the mastermind and what the motive was are not clear yet. It's quite easy to tell who wanted Erdogan ousted but who really was behind the coup, it is like searching for pin in a haystack. One for certain, the US is not innocent here. The US government is definitely an accomplice but it's very hard to tell what exactly its role was in the coup.

Ankara summons German diplomat over ban on Erdoğan’s videoconference at Cologne rally

The charge d’affaires at the German Embassy was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Aug. 1 over the ban on President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s participation via videoconference at a rally in Cologne, Foreign Ministry sources have confirmed.

The charge d’affaires is expected to meet relevant diplomats at the Foreign Ministry headquarters in the afternoon hours.

The Turkish community in Cologne was set to hold a massive rally to protest the July 15 failed coup attempt with the participation of representatives of different political parties and non-governmental organizations.

Erdoğan wanted to address the participants via video but was rejected by the local authorities and the German Constitutional Court due to security concerns.

Presidential Spokesperson İbrahim Kalın called the ban “unacceptable,” saying it was in violation of freedom of expression.

August/01/2016

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/an...ally.aspx?pageID=238&nID=102323&NewsCatID=510

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They allow leaders of the PKK (Murat Karayılan/2011) to give televised speeches but the President of Turkey is not allowed to do the same. Time to ask some nice proper questions about ''European values''

A retired Turkish Colonel talks about general situation and how Turkey should be with the way of Atatürk.
Inspired by and parallel with Atatürks vision and logic? Yes ofcourse, always. But rigid and fanatical Kemalism?...no thank you, I find no difference between that and fanatical Islam and other reliigons

Inspired by and parallel with Atatürks vision and logic? Yes ofcourse, always. But rigid and fanatical Kemalism?...no thank you, I find no difference between that and fanaticak Islam and other reliigons

Atatürk and Kemaiism is not dogma.

If they see it as dogma , everybody like me rejects such things.

If we mean Atatürk vision based on science and logic , then yes everybody like me follows it with no question.

Inspired by and parallel with Atatürks vision and logic? Yes ofcourse, always. But rigid and fanatical Kemalism?...no thank you, I find no difference between that and fanatical Islam and other reliigons

Atatürkçülük ya da Kemalizm, kelime anlamı olarak Mustafa Kemal Atatürk'ün düşüncelerinin ve görüşlerinin takipçisi olma anlamını içeren, Atatürk milliyetçiliğine bağlı, belirli bir sınıf desteğine dayanmayan; geri kalmış safsata ve batıl itikatlardan güç alan kurumlar yerine akla ve bilime dayanan kurumları getirmeyi amaç edinen, anti-emperyalist ideoloji. Atatürkçü ideolojinin temellerini, Atatürk'ün düşünce ve uygulamalarıyla ortaya koyduğu amaçlar, ilkeler ve gerçekleştirdiği inkılaplar oluşturur. Türkiye Cumhuriyeti de,anayasasında belirtildiği gibi, özellikleri ve uygulamalarıyla Atatürkçülük doğrultusunda hareket etmektedir.

Atatürk İlkeleri;

Cumhuriyetçilik
Cumhuriyet; egemenliğin halkta olduğu devlet yönetimi demektir. Cumhuriyet, demokrasinin bir uygulama şekli olup, halkın kendi kendini yöneterek, yönetimde söz sahibi olduğu rejim demektir. Cumhuriyetçilik ise devlet yönetiminde cumhuriyetin bulunması demektir.

Milliyetçilik
Atatürk'e göre millet; geçmişte bir arada yaşamış, bir arada yaşayan, gelecekte de bir arada yaşama inancında ve kararında olan, aynı vatana sahip, aralarında dil, kültür ve duygu birliği olan insanlar topluluğudur.

Halkçılık
Halkçılık ilkesi, ulusal egemenliği ön planda tutar ve demokrasiyi benimser. Devlet, vatandaşın refah ve mutluluğunu amaçlar. Vatandaşlar arasında iş bölümü ve dayanışmayı öngörür. Ulusun devlet hizmetlerinden eşit bir şekilde yararlanmasını sağlar. Atatürk’ün halkçılık ilkesinden anlaşılan; toplumda hiçbir kimseye, zümreye ya da herhangi bir sınıfa ayrıcalık tanınmamasıdır. Herkes kanun önünde eşittir. Halkçılık ilkesine göre; hiçbir kimse başkalarına karşı din, dil, ırk, mezhep veya ekonomik açıdan üstünlük sağlayamaz.

Laiklik
Laiklik, devletin vatandaşlarıyla olan ilişkilerinde inançlara göre ayrım yapmaması ve ayrıca, herhangi bir inancın, özellikle de bir toplumda egemen olan inancın, aynı toplumda azınlıkların benimsediği inançlara baskı yapmasını önlemesi demektir. Diğer bir tanımlamayla da devlet yönetiminde herhangi bir dinin referans alınmamasını ve devletin dinler karşısında tarafsız olmasını savunan prensiptir ki devlet düzeninin, eğitim kurumlarının ve hukuk kurallarının dine değil, akla ve bilime dayandırılmasını amaçlar

Devletçilik
Devletçilik, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk'ün 6 temel ilkesinden biridir. Ülkenin genel ekonomik faaliyetlerinin düzenlenmesi ve özel sektörün girmek istemediği veya yetersiz kaldığı ya da ulusal çıkarların gerekli kıldığı alanlara girmesini öngörür.

İnkılapçılık
İnkılapçılık (Devrimcilik), Türk ulusunun çağdaşlaşması yolunda yapılan Atatürk devrimlerinin benimsenmesi, geliştirilmesi ve her türlü tehlikelere karşı korunmasıdır.

Bu ilke, seçkinciliği açıkça yansıyan, halkla bütünleşmeye ve dolayısıyla demokratik yöntemlere büyük önem veren Türk milliyetçisi bir devrimcilik anlayışıdır. Kemalist Devrimcilik anlayışının iki yanı bulunur. Birinci yanı, eski düzenin geçerliliğini yitirmiş kurumlarını yıkıp, yerlerine çağın gereksinimlerini karşılayacak kurumları koymakla ilgilidir.Ama Kemalizm, bununla yetinmemekte, devrimciliği aynı zamanda sürekli olarak yeniliklere, değişimlere açıklık biçiminde anlatmakta ve kalıplaşmaya karşı çıkmaktadır.

Atatürk Devrimleri

Now, i don't know what people have against Kemalism or how they can equate it with fanaticism. But above means Kemalism. If anyone is against the Ideals of Ataturk which i explained above....please, elaborate.

Atatürkçülük ya da Kemalizm, kelime anlamı olarak Mustafa Kemal Atatürk'ün düşüncelerinin ve görüşlerinin takipçisi olma anlamını içeren, Atatürk milliyetçiliğine bağlı, belirli bir sınıf desteğine dayanmayan; geri kalmış safsata ve batıl itikatlardan güç alan kurumlar yerine akla ve bilime dayanan kurumları getirmeyi amaç edinen, anti-emperyalist ideoloji. Atatürkçü ideolojinin temellerini, Atatürk'ün düşünce ve uygulamalarıyla ortaya koyduğu amaçlar, ilkeler ve gerçekleştirdiği inkılaplar oluşturur. Türkiye Cumhuriyeti de,anayasasında belirtildiği gibi, özellikleri ve uygulamalarıyla Atatürkçülük doğrultusunda hareket etmektedir.

Atatürk İlkeleri;

Cumhuriyetçilik
Cumhuriyet; egemenliğin halkta olduğu devlet yönetimi demektir. Cumhuriyet, demokrasinin bir uygulama şekli olup, halkın kendi kendini yöneterek, yönetimde söz sahibi olduğu rejim demektir. Cumhuriyetçilik ise devlet yönetiminde cumhuriyetin bulunması demektir.

Milliyetçilik
Atatürk'e göre millet; geçmişte bir arada yaşamış, bir arada yaşayan, gelecekte de bir arada yaşama inancında ve kararında olan, aynı vatana sahip, aralarında dil, kültür ve duygu birliği olan insanlar topluluğudur.

Halkçılık
Halkçılık ilkesi, ulusal egemenliği ön planda tutar ve demokrasiyi benimser. Devlet, vatandaşın refah ve mutluluğunu amaçlar. Vatandaşlar arasında iş bölümü ve dayanışmayı öngörür. Ulusun devlet hizmetlerinden eşit bir şekilde yararlanmasını sağlar. Atatürk’ün halkçılık ilkesinden anlaşılan; toplumda hiçbir kimseye, zümreye ya da herhangi bir sınıfa ayrıcalık tanınmamasıdır. Herkes kanun önünde eşittir. Halkçılık ilkesine göre; hiçbir kimse başkalarına karşı din, dil, ırk, mezhep veya ekonomik açıdan üstünlük sağlayamaz.

Laiklik
Laiklik, devletin vatandaşlarıyla olan ilişkilerinde inançlara göre ayrım yapmaması ve ayrıca, herhangi bir inancın, özellikle de bir toplumda egemen olan inancın, aynı toplumda azınlıkların benimsediği inançlara baskı yapmasını önlemesi demektir. Diğer bir tanımlamayla da devlet yönetiminde herhangi bir dinin referans alınmamasını ve devletin dinler karşısında tarafsız olmasını savunan prensiptir ki devlet düzeninin, eğitim kurumlarının ve hukuk kurallarının dine değil, akla ve bilime dayandırılmasını amaçlar

Devletçilik
Devletçilik, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk'ün 6 temel ilkesinden biridir. Ülkenin genel ekonomik faaliyetlerinin düzenlenmesi ve özel sektörün girmek istemediği veya yetersiz kaldığı ya da ulusal çıkarların gerekli kıldığı alanlara girmesini öngörür.

İnkılapçılık
İnkılapçılık (Devrimcilik), Türk ulusunun çağdaşlaşması yolunda yapılan Atatürk devrimlerinin benimsenmesi, geliştirilmesi ve her türlü tehlikelere karşı korunmasıdır.

Bu ilke, seçkinciliği açıkça yansıyan, halkla bütünleşmeye ve dolayısıyla demokratik yöntemlere büyük önem veren Türk milliyetçisi bir devrimcilik anlayışıdır. Kemalist Devrimcilik anlayışının iki yanı bulunur. Birinci yanı, eski düzenin geçerliliğini yitirmiş kurumlarını yıkıp, yerlerine çağın gereksinimlerini karşılayacak kurumları koymakla ilgilidir.Ama Kemalizm, bununla yetinmemekte, devrimciliği aynı zamanda sürekli olarak yeniliklere, değişimlere açıklık biçiminde anlatmakta ve kalıplaşmaya karşı çıkmaktadır.

Atatürk Devrimleri

Now, i don't know what people have against Kemalism or how they can equate it with fanaticism. But above means Kemalism. If anyone is against the Ideals of Ataturk which i explained above....please, elaborate.
What I meant is I'm against people who ban women from working in hospitals etc because they wear headscarves, or automatically denying right to employment just because a person goes to the mosque or for example refusing to explore economic opportunities in the East just because "they are not European", or looking down on with disgust at everyone from Anatolia...just because they happen to come from Anatolia (I had a history teacher like this and I came to hate him for his shitty misinterpretation of Ataturkculuk). My father was born in a dirt poor Anatolian town but he worked hard and was ambitious and made it to a very good spot at a very good reputed state institution, he loves this country and never once said anything against Ataturk and yet some people in that institution (this was years ago when my dad was "green" and didn't have much influence) always tried to block his progress and deny him certain positions because he happened to come from Anatolia. Of course they couldn't stop him but I don't want to derail the topic.It is just this type of twisted view I am against.

Otherwise I don't have ANY issue with what you mention, as can be seen from my posts related to the matter.

Last edited:
I have a birthday present for you (And all those who take us for moronic) : « So keep dreaming for eternity ». ^ ^
:)

@KediKesenFare

Mate, they hate each other to guts.....no way these two will come together.

What I meant is I'm against people who ban women from working in hospitals etc because they wear headscarves, or automatically denying right to employment just because a person goes to the mosque or for example refusing to explore economic opportunities in the East just because "they are not European", or looking down on with disgust at everyone from Anatolia...just because they happen to come from Anatolia (I had a history teacher like this and I came to hate him for his shitty misinterpretation of Ataturkculuk). My father was born in a dirt poor Anatolian town but he worked hard and was ambitious and made it to a very good spot at a very good reputed state institution, he loves this country and never once said anything against Ataturk and yet some people in that institution (this was years ago when my dad was "green" and didn't have much influence) always tried to block his progress and deny him certain positions because he happened to come from Anatolia. Of course they couldn't stop him but I don't want to derail the topic.It is just this type of twisted view I am against.

Otherwise I don't have ANY issue with what you mention, as can be seen from my posts related to the matter.

That's not Kemalism dictates.

It's like saying "ISIS represents Islam".

@KediKesenFare

Requests for more than 400 000 Syrian Sunnis - a part of us - bombed, massacred, pulverized, burned, tortured, raped etc... by Mullahs - their will -. And this is only one example among hundreds of others for over a thousand year. Compris !

:closed:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom