• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blockade of Gaza is not a Turkish interest.

Regarding Pakistan: Russia and China supported Iran and pressed Pakistan.

Then why is Turkey setting it as a condition for the blockade to be removed then? Unless it chickens out in due course...

No they didnt press Pakistan - dont know where you got that from - too much biased western media me thinks.

They self-agreed to remove the gaza blockade.

That's more than "sorry".

We should NOT ally with Iran,Iraq,Syrian Gov't.

Just watched a video at bbc.uk. A british defence analyst and an Israeli one were talking about early relations with them. It wasn't as close as pakistan. It was very close in military terms, even I saw that with my eyes.

1) No they didnt - nothing has been mentioned on that - Netyanyahu will give the cold shoulder just like he does for the illegal building of settlements.

2) You what?! Giving someone some money and saying "i am sorry" is more than sorry enough?? So if I raped your sister and said am sorry and I will give you £10,000 for it, will you accept it? Well at least she is still alive so that scenario is quite debateable. But what if I killed her? Will it bring her back? I dont think so! Like I said earlier, doing nothing and not saying sorry is the same thing.

If they were your true allies they wouldnt have killed your fellow countrymen...End of conversation.

3) Yes dont ally with your Muslim brothers, go with the jews who will kill you for any reason and say sorry 3 years later. Offer you some money and then you can say "it is more than sorry, please come again (do it all over again) thank you". You disgrace me!

4) It is all propaganda on BBC and other western media.

@500 seriously GTFO here with your cheap insults to other members you cant even give proper replies, cheap zionist.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) No they didnt - nothing has been mentioned on that - Netyanyahu will give the cold shoulder just like he does for the illegal building of settlements.

2) You what?! Giving someone some money and saying "i am sorry" is more than sorry enough?? So if I raped your sister and said am sorry and I will give you £10,000 for it, will you accept it? Well at least she is still alive so that scenario is quite debateable. But what if I killed her? Will it bring her back? I dont think so! Like I said earlier, doing nothing and not saying sorry is the same thing.

If they were your true allies they wouldnt have killed your fellow countrymen...End of conversation.

3) Yes dont ally with your Muslim brothers, go with the jews who will kill you for any reason and say sorry 3 years later. Offer you some money and then you can say "it is more than sorry, please come again (do it all over again) thank you". You disgrace me!

4) It is all propaganda on BBC and other western media.

@500 seriously GTFO here with your cheap insults to other members you cant even give proper replies, cheap zionist.

1- You're wrong, if that so we wouldn't accept the apology.

2- But I'd pay money to your sisters, mom and aunt if I make them pregnant. Even it's an example Do not accur personal attacks on me. You'll be "sorry" then.

3- It's not my fault if you cry for why we don't ally with you.

4-So you think the whole world is wrong. But you're right eh? I see, go ahead.

If wanna learn sth, or join the disgussion; do it with it's rules. If not leave the topic and stop giving bad examples.

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu granted the Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan a face-saver for ending their three-year rift out of willingness to crown US President Barack Obama’s three-day visit with an impressive diplomatic breakthrough. He swallowed Israel and its army’s pride and, at the airport, with Obama looking on, picked up the phone to Erdogan and apologized for the killing by Israeli soldiers of nine Turkish pro-Palestinian activists in 2010 aboard the Mavi Marmara, which was leading a flotilla bound on busting the Israeli blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

The crowing comment by Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu - “Turkey’s basic demands have been met; we got what we wanted” – was out of place, spiteful and ill-mannered.

He knows perfectly well that for the past year, amid a constant stream of ranting abuse from Ankara, Israel has been quietly responding to Turkey’s desperate need for cooperation in four essential fields, which are disclosed here by debkafile:
1. The Turkish armed forces are heavily dependent on Israeli military technologies from the long years of the close alliance between the two countries, which Ankara cut short. This dependence applies most particularly to its drones, the backbone of today’s modern armies. It is also holding up the huge transaction for the sale of American Boeing Awacs electronic warning airplanes to Turkey.

Boeing was unable to deliver the aircraft without Jerusalem’s consent, because a key component, the early warning systems, is designed in Israel. This consent has been withheld in the face of Turkey’s urgent need and the US aviation firm’s impatience to consummate the deal.

Turkey is in need of those planes - not just to monitor events in neighboring wartorn Syria, but to complete its air defense lineup against Iranian ballistic missiles. Without the AWACs, the advanced FBX-radar system the US has stationed at the Turkish Kurecik air base is only partly operational. The Kurecik battery is linked to its equivalent at a US base in the Israeli Negev, a fact which Ankara chooses to conceal.

2. In view of the turmoil in Syria, the bulk of Turkey’s exports destined for the Persian Gulf and points farther east have been diverted to the Israeli ports of Haifa and Ashdod, whereas just a year ago, they went through Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Since no end is seen to the Syrian conflict and the closure of the Turkish-Syrian border, more and more export traffic from Turkey is making its way through Haifa port and thence by rail across Israel to Jordan. Turkish goods bound for destinations in Europe and the US are diverted to Israeli ports too as Egyptian ports are made increasingly dysfunctional by that country’s economic crisis..
3. In the first year of the Syrian uprising, when Davutoglu was still a frequent traveler to Damascus for talks with Bashar Assad, Ankara entertained high hopes of becoming a major player for resolving the Syrian debacle. But he also sought to strike a deal with the Lebanese Hizballah, Assad’s ally, for obstructing Israeli gas and oil exploration in the eastern Mediterranean
Three years on, Turkish leaders have woken up to the realization that they had better hurry up and jump aboard the US-backed Israeli energy bandwagon or else they will miss out on an outstanding and lucrative economic development, namely, the forthcoming opening up of a Mediterranean gas exporting route to Europe.

4. Turkey, Israel and Jordan are all in the same boat as targets for the approaching large-scale use of Syria’s chemical and biological weapons.
This topic was high on the agenda of President Obama’s talks with Jordan’s King Hussein Friday, March 21, in Amman, after he had explored the subject with Israel’s prime minister in Jerusalem.
Obama presented them with his plan to consolidate into a single US-led Turkish-Israeli-Jordan HQ the separate commands established six months ago in each of those countries to combat the use of unconventional weapons.
This unified command would stand ready to launch units of the four armies into coordinated land and air action inside Syria upon a signal from Washington.
The US president used his visits to Jerusalem and Amman to tie up the ends of this contingency plan with Netanyahu and Abdullah, while Secretary of State John Kerry got together with Erdogan in Ankara.

However, this four-way military effort to combat the Syrian chemical threat could not have taken off with Ankara and Jerusalem not on speaking terms.
This had been going on for three years, ever since Erdogan suspended military ties with Israel and downgraded diplomatic relations pending an Israeli apology for the Marmara incident, compensation for the victims and the lifting of its naval blockade on Gaza.

The Turkish prime minister insisted on the Israeli prime minister paying obeisance to Turkish national honor. And finally Netanyahu relented. But Israel stood its ground on the last condition; a UN probe had pronounced the Israeli blockade legal and legitimate although its raid on the Turkish ship was deemed “excessive.” So the blockade remains in place and, indeed, Friday, March 23, Israel’s new defense minister, Moshe Yaalon, tightened it by restricting the Gaza offshore areas open to Palestinian Mediterranean fishermen.

This was punishment for the four-rocket attack staged from Gaza on the Israeli town of Sderot Thursday, the second day of President Obama’s visit to Israel.
debkafile’s military sources comment that the new defense minister may have also been directing a reproach at the prime minister for apologizing to Turkey and admitting to “operational errors,” thereby casting aspersions on the professionalism of the Israel Navy’s Shayetet 13 commando unit and its legitimate action in defense of Israel’s legal Gaza blockade.

Turkey badly needed to end row with Israel. Netanyahu

@Saleem
"Israel has offered to lay a natural gas pipeline through Turkey, but Istanbul is reluctant to accept due to ongoing bilateral tension" 15 Feb 2013
"Israel's Netanyahu apologizes to Turkey for Mavi Marmara raid" 22 Mar 2013
Why? Energy=>$$$

It's Politics as always. I think Turkey is better off staying on her own path. I'm truly happy that a peace seems to be in sight on our decades long issue with PKK. They've been used by many to terrorize our eastern border and citizens in that region. I hope this'll be the end and that we'll once and for all have clarified those who're domestic and those who are foreign.

There won't be any need to hold back against foreign terrorists, and we can erase them from the face of earth. Bomb them, burn them, and erase their existences. No need to follow up on whether they were citizens of Turkey. Since they've laid down their weapons. I hope that the eastern front of Turkey can be industrialized as soon as possible, but we'll see how things develope once lasting peace has come (I expect 5 years after or so, the industrialization will begin).

Israel Apologised, fine, so what, they still won't let us persecute the soldiers, and like some said, apologizing is only a political motive. We've already accepted the apology, but no one said we have to kick up the same level of friendship we had in the past. There will be compensation to the families. I don't know how much it is, but it won't bring back the dead.

My personal opinion is that we should keep our relations on ice and let it progres slowly, the slower the better. Not because we have better business with rest of ME, but because it's best for us to move at our own pace.

The way I see it, Turkey is what matters, and you can bet your soul it's also how other countries think about their own country. So moving too fast will end up hurting us in the end. There is economic crises in Cyprus, and I think this is the right time for Turkey to help N.C. position itself better. Get som recognitions and such.

All the while we keep developing our military and industry, and look for better markets.

If Turkey has relented and has moved on with apology to only create more strife in Syria to promote Israeli interest indirectly, then Turkey has done a great disservice to Muslims.In fact it has strengthened the hands of the countries which are inimical to interests of fellow Muslim states in the region.

Israel apologized, Turkey accepted. Relations has taken a step towards normalization and thats it. Turkey will see Israel, pay for the compansation and lifting the blockade. Otherwise relations will not go back to normal.

I'm not saying this but Erdogan.

Israel apologized, Turkey accepted. Relations has taken a step towards normalization and thats it. Turkey will see Israel, pay for the compansation and lifting the blockade. Otherwise relations will not go back to normal.

I'm not saying this but Erdogan.

At this point, Erdogan has not much choice. It doesn't matter what he says to cheer up his voters. He simply have to play by Obama's rules, just like Netanyahu had.

You sound desperate or a underrcover zionist - took their time? What 3 years?! I done a lot in 3 years, what have you done? Issuing a formal apology on national tv is not difficult and saying we will recomense the injured parties. Yet the israhellies won - they stopped the aid getting to Gaza and killed people. Turkey hasn't won jacksh!t if you ask me...

Like I say money doesnt bring the dead back. Get all the money in the world, every dollar pound pence rupee riyal and pray to God saying give us 1 dead back - and I can bet you my life you wont get 1 single dead back! Money is worthless very likely some of the families will not want it. They are the people on my wavelength - the correct wavelength!

You will get "cheap" gas if you are willing to attack Iran yes. Alternatively side with your Muslim brothers in Iran and they will help you the gas issue. They are willing too.

They did this to get you on side because they are losing stronghold. Only last week Pakistan went on the Iranian bench as did Turkmenistan.

Now Obama pumped Netyanhu up saying "look you arent as crafty as you look, just say Israel apologises for the deaths on the flotilla and Turkey will be on your side. IF you want to attack Iran, am too far, and your here on your own pal. We need some backup or we're going to get pounded. Pakistan has surprisingly told us to f off and sided with Iran, get what am saying you dope?"

This is why the call was made when air force one was about to fly off...

You people look at the narrow picture not the broader spectrum.
BS,try something different cause this one wont work!

obama: netanyahu my man, go apologize to turkey for killing its own citizens. i'm gonna need both of you soon. i don't want any animosity between my allieds.
netanyahu: no problem mr. obama.

tayyip: oh yeah! let's celebrate! they apologized after 3 years and killed my citizens but it's allright! i'll take that as victory.

pathetic.

krølbååx;4077989 said:
obama: netanyahu my man, go apologize to turkey for killing its own citizens. i'm gonna need both of you soon. i don't want any animosity between my allieds.
netanyahu: no problem mr. obama.

tayyip: oh yeah! let's celebrate! they apologized after 3 years and killed my citizens but it's allright! i'll take that as victory.

pathetic.

1782139troll-detected-fc.jpg

1- You're wrong, if that so we wouldn't accept the apology.

2- But I'd pay money to your sisters, mom and aunt if I make them pregnant. Even it's an example Do not accur personal attacks on me. You'll be "sorry" then.

3- It's not my fault if you cry for why we don't ally with you.

4-So you think the whole world is wrong. But you're right eh? I see, go ahead.

If wanna learn sth, or join the disgussion; do it with it's rules. If not leave the topic and stop giving bad examples.

No your wrong and thinking like greedy c*nts thats why you "accepted" it after 3 years. If you was RIGHT then why did it take 3 years?! It is fools like you, that cause havoc in the Middle East, a bottle of Vodka keeps you Turks happy that is all you care about.

2) Nah son I dont be sorry, I stick with my words and thick before I speak. Not like you and your countrymen, like I said if you Turks drink "religously" you have no morals and that means you will accept £1000 for a death of your countrymen. Obviously your mum has been sleeping with zionists hence your thinking is like that...

3) It doesnt effect me "personally" am secure in the UK you fool. There you go firing personal insults yet you dont know my situation. It is fools like you that are affected - your countrymen died not mine. Like a coward you are willing to accept some "Words" 3 years later...Pity on you!

4) You been surviving without Israhell for the past 3 years now you got a hardon for going back in alliance with them? In the last 3 years their terrorist acts have been less as they have less stronghold. Now your willing to suck them off they will start all over again. Problem with you is, you look at yourself and dont give a sh!t about those around you dying.

And what are the rules? To listen to and agree with your zionist nonsense? A discussion (as you said, its a discussion dumb wit) is formed when there are 2 or more different arguments. Maybe you should have learnt that in school rather than smoke weed and get p!ssed on vodka. Take your own advice first and set an example, fag.

Truth hurts hence you barked.

BS,try something different cause this one wont work!

Same problem with you - you people are narrow minded. Think all Turks are like that.

@krolbaax is right and agrees with me - someone who sees sense.

The US DOES want to attack Iran as do Israel, they are looking for scapegoats and those to do their dirty work - as they already got battered in Iraq, Afghanistan and by Hezbollah in 2006. And they dont want to lose more troops.

And who better to do that? The Turks! When they are p!ssed they dont give a fcuk, they will go and do anything even if it means losing their lives, as long as they get a little money for vodka!

@bala Fine, we get it, you hate Turks.

On topic:
Israel apologized and Turkey accepted. I'm glad Turkey accepted the apology, I would've been disappointed if they would decline to be honest. I mean how would that make Turkey look? There is a saying in Turkish: 'Buyukler affeder', which roughly translates to, 'adults/great people forgive'. There is also another saying: 'affetmek buyuklugun sanindandir', I'm probably off with the translation but: 'Forgiving is from the character (or glory) of greatness' (If any of our Turkish members can provide a better translation than this, then please do).

Back
Top Bottom