Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An example from Aşıkpaşazade history

"Ali Bey, "Bana akıncı kulların yeter. Sultanımın maddi manevi yardımı ise hepsinden ileridir." der. Padişah da, "Şimdi öyle yap." deyince hemen akın için çağın yapılır. Sayısız akıncı toplanır. Hep birlikte yürüyerek Dımışkar'dan geçerek Macaristan' a girerler. Orada bir ay kadar kalıp yiyip içtiler. Ancak düşmandan bir iz ve belirti görülmez. Akınlar yapılıp ziyade ganimetler alırlar. "O kadar esir aldılar ki esirler akıncılardan daha çoktu" deniyordu. Ayrıca cariyelerden başka, çok adam ve ganimeti er ele geçer. Bin filori iki bin filori ganimet alınır. Esirlerin sayısı belli değildir."

"Sava Nehri'ni geçip Biline'ye akın başlattılar. Çok ganimetiere kavuştular. Ganimetin çokluğundan bir çizmeye güzel bir cariye alınabilirdi. O seferde ben de vardım. Yüz akçeye altı yedi yaşlarında bir oğlan satın aldım. Ata hizmet edebilecek bir esiri yüz elli akçeye verirlerdi. Akıncilardan bana da yedi erkek ve cariye düştü. Esirler askerden çoktu."

Where do you think Hürrem and others came from :D

"Ali Bey, "Bana akıncı kulların yeter. Sultanımın maddi manevi yardımı ise hepsinden ileridir." der. Padişah da, "Şimdi öyle yap." deyince hemen akın için çağın yapılır. Sayısız akıncı toplanır. Hep birlikte yürüyerek Dımışkar'dan geçerek Macaristan' a girerler. Orada bir ay kadar kalıp yiyip içtiler. Ancak düşmandan bir iz ve belirti görülmez. Akınlar yapılıp ziyade ganimetler alırlar. "O kadar esir aldılar ki esirler akıncılardan daha çoktu" deniyordu. Ayrıca cariyelerden başka, çok adam ve ganimeti er ele geçer. Bin filori iki bin filori ganimet alınır. Esirlerin sayısı belli değildir."

"Sava Nehri'ni geçip Biline'ye akın başlattılar. Çok ganimetiere kavuştular. Ganimetin çokluğundan bir çizmeye güzel bir cariye alınabilirdi. O seferde ben de vardım. Yüz akçeye altı yedi yaşlarında bir oğlan satın aldım. Ata hizmet edebilecek bir esiri yüz elli
akçeye verirlerdi. Akıncilardan bana da yedi erkek ve cariye düştü. Esirler askerden çoktu."

This also reminds me that many other muslim Turkish/Turkic empires were called savage/evil by christian and muslim nations so what they call us doesnt matter one bit

There are thousand sources to it and you said Turks before they were muslims were called whip of god by europeans right?
Well i have news for you that every nation in Europe (except Bosnia) calls the ottoman empire the devil incarnate so what they call us/our ancestors doesnt matter one bit to me

Looked of europian sources whole of them contradictory so some of them says very good things about us and some of them says bad things so it is mean those books incloude political interests. This politicas of UK actually they changed people mind before destroy our empire ;) even in Turkey our all history books changed and burned old Ottomans sources. Got it?

"Sava Nehri'ni geçip Biline'ye akın başlattılar. Çok ganimetiere kavuştular. Ganimetin çokluğundan bir çizmeye güzel bir cariye alınabilirdi. O seferde ben de vardım. Yüz akçeye altı yedi yaşlarında bir oğlan satın aldım. Ata hizmet edebilecek bir esiri yüz elli akçeye verirlerdi. Akıncilardan bana da yedi erkek ve cariye düştü. Esirler askerden çoktu."

:D please check this address my mate

Osmanlı İmparatorluğu'nda kölelik - Vikipedi

Last edited:
Looked of europian sources whole of them contradictory so some of them says very good things about us and some of them says bad things so it is mean those books incloude political interests. This politicas of UK actually they changed people mind before destroy our empire ;) even in Turkey our all history books changed and burned old Ottomans sources. Got it?
The ottomans were a weak/corrupt/failed empire in its last time and it was good that it was destroyed (Sad about all the deaths because of it)
Before Atatürks change in the Turkish language you wouldnt even understand Azeri Turkish

The ottomans were a weak/corrupt/failed empire in its last time and it was good that it was destroyed (Sad about all the deaths because of it)
Before Atatürks change in the Turkish language you wouldnt even understand Azeri Turkish

You mention only last time of Ottoman but Still you should read that book 'Abdulahmidin kurtlarla dansi' and you will see how was the last time of Ottoman. Your all minds will change...

You mention only last time of Ottoman but Still you should read that book 'Abdulahmidin kurtlarla dansi' and you will see how was the last time of Ottoman. Your all minds will change...
I respect the ottoman empire for its achievements (since my ancestors/family were a part of it)
But the ottoman empire was a turning point which almost destroyed the Turkic culture of everyone in Turkey

Firstly, slavery doesn't exist in modern world (including the Muslim world). However, in pre-Islamic era, there was too much injustice towards the slaves and people used to take slaves for every silly reason. Islam restricted it to war prisoners only. When Islam came it started treating them justly and slowly emancipating them. In fact, we have a book ofEmancipation of Slaves which has Prophetic tradition and commands to treat slaves justly and emancipate them.

Secondly, Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman. A slave woman with whom a man has intercourse is known as a sariyyah (concubine) from the wordsirr, which means marriage.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet (Muhammad)! Verily, We have made lawful to you your wives, to whom you have paid their Mahr (bridal‑money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), and those (slaves) whom your right hand possesses — whom Allaah has given to you, and the daughters of your ‘Amm (paternal uncles) and the daughters of your ‘Ammaat (paternal aunts) and the daughters of your Khaal (maternal uncles) and the daughters of your Khaalaat (maternal aunts) who migrated (from Makkah) with you, and a believing woman if she offers herself to the Prophet, and the Prophet wishes to marry her a privilege for you only, not for the (rest of) the believers. Indeed We know what We have enjoined upon them about their wives and those (slaves) whom their right hands possess, in order that there should be no difficulty on you. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Ahzaab 33:50]

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts from illegal sexual acts).

Except from their wives or the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess for (then) they are not blameworthy.

But whosoever seeks beyond that, then it is those who are trespassers” [al-Ma’aarij 70:29-31]

Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) took Haajar as a concubine and she bore him Ismaa’eel (may peace be upon them all).

BUT, there are those who argue that since Islam permits Muslim men to have sexual intercourse with their slave girls, this then means that they also have the right to rape them.

This is absurd. The right to have sex with a woman does not necessarily imply that one has the right to rape her as well. To say that a Muslim man has the right to rape his slave girl is like saying that a man has the right to rape his wife, which is not true.

Rape in Islam is completely forbidden.

Imam Maalik said:

In our view the man who rapes a woman, regardless of whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a "dowry" like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case. (Imam Maalik, Al-Muwatta', Volume 2, page 734)

Imam Al Shaafi'i said:

"If a man acquires by force a slave-girl, then has sexual intercourse with her after he acquires her by force, and if he is not excused by ignorance, then the slave-girl will be taken from him, he is required to pay the fine, and he will receive the punishment for illegal sexual intercourse." (Imam Al Shaafi'i, Kitaabul Umm, Volume 3, page 253)

These two people are some of the famous classical scholars of Islam.

In an authentic narration from Sunan Al Bayhaqi, Volume 2, page 363, Hadith no. 18685, the following story comes:

Abu al-Hussain bin al-Fadhl al-Qatan narrated from Abdullah bin Jaffar bin Darestweh from Yaqub bin Sufyan from al-Hassab bin Rabee from Abdullah bin al-Mubarak from Kahmas from Harun bin Al-Asam who said: Umar bin al-Khatab may Allah be pleased with him sent Khalid bin al-Walid in an army, hence Khalid sent Dharar bin al-Auwzwar in a squadron and they invaded a district belonging to the tribe of Bani Asad. They then captured a pretty bride, Dharar liked her hence he asked his companions to grant her to him and they did so. He then had sexual intercourse with her, when he completed his mission he felt guilty, and went to Khalid and told him about what he did. Khalid said: 'I permit you and made it lawful to you.' He said: 'No not until you write a message to Umar'. (Then they sent a message to Umar) and Umar answered that he (Dharar) should be stoned. By the time Umar's message was delivered, Dharar was dead. (Khalid) said: 'Allah didn't want to disgrace Dharar'

Notice that Umar ibn Al Khattab (the second caliph) ordered the man who captured the slave girl and had sex with her to be stoned for this crime, for he took the slave girl unjustly.

And Umar ibn Al Khattab is one of the Caliphs of Islam and one of the most loved companions of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wassalm.

It is nonsense to suggest that one could rape the slave girl he possesses because the Prophet (peace be upon him) warned us that we must take good care of those under our authority:

"There is no person to whom Allaah has given people to take care of, and he fails to take care of them properly, but he will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Saheeh Bukhari no. 6731; Saheeh Muslim, no. 142)

Umar ibn al-Ahwas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say during his Farewell Pilgrimage:

"Verily, you have rights over your women, and your women have rights over you. As for your rights over your women, they are that they should not allow anyone to sit on your beds whom you dislike, or allow anyone into your houses whom you dislike. Verily, their rights over you are that you should treat them well with regard to their clothing and food." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 1163, and Ibn Maajah, 1851).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) made it clear that we shouldn't harm slaves:

Saheeh Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that our slaves are like our siblings. Who would rape his own sister?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade causing physical harm to slaves:

Saheeh Muslim Book 015, Number 4082:

Hilal b. Yasaf reported that a person got angry and slapped his slave-girl. Thereupon Suwaid b. Muqarrin said to him: You could find no other part (to slap) but the prominent part of her face. See I was one of the seven sons of Muqarrin, and we had but only one slave-girl. The youngest of us slapped her, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded us to set her free.

Book 015, Number 4086

Abu Mas'ud al-Badri reported: "I was beating my slave with a whip when I heard a voice behind me: Understand, Abu Masud; but I did not recognise the voice due to intense anger. He (Abu Mas'ud) reported: As he came near me (I found) that he was the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and he was saying: Bear in mind, Abu Mas'ud; bear in mind. Abu Mas'ud. He (Aba Maslad) said: threw the whip from my hand. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Bear in mind, Abu Mas'ud; verily Allah has more dominance upon you than you have upon your slave. I (then) said: I would never beat my servant in future.

If the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade slapping and whipping slaves then it's unthinkable that he would have permitted raping them. It just makes no sense.​

I respect the ottoman empire for its achievements (since my ancestors/family were a part of it)
But the ottoman empire was a turning point which almost destroyed the Turkic culture of everyone in Turkey

Unfortumatelly we allways give more rights to other nations than us for make them happy... and they still say bad things about us so i think you would like the hear that Golden Army they were allways saved of Turks rights but it was not that good for other nations.... ;)

@[TR]AHMET

You said they were not touching women and children, I proved they did, the system of slavery is a different issue.

Ottoman sources are not destroyed, they're at archives.

We have helped Indonesians with weapons and knowledge they succeeded 300 years the defence against colonists. So what did the Turks in Asia done wrong? You had your leaders and army, the Ottomans didnt help is not the reason. Ottomans wasnt the center of the Turkic world but Buhara was.

They helped people of Aceh, but somehow they couldn't done anything about Tatar Khanates being destroyed and Tatars being forcefully converted, they were just a little bit north of the Ottomans. I think help on Aceh was mostly political, just a weak attempt to stop the European expansion on Muslim south east.

We have helped Indonesians with weapons and knowledge they succeeded 300 years the defence against colonists. So what did the Turks in Asia done wrong? You had your leaders and army, the Ottomans didnt help is not the reason. Ottomans wasnt the center of the Turkic world but Buhara was.
The ottomans almost lost their Turkicness just look at this monstrosity called "Ottoman Turkish"

They helped people of Aceh, but somehow they couldn't done anything about Tatar Khanates being destroyed and Tatars being forcefully converted, they were just a little bit north of the Ottomans. I think help on Aceh was mostly political, just a weak attempt to stop the European expansion on Muslim south east.

Crimean khanate and Ottomans enter in a bad stiations at the same time and Ottoman allways helped them also they helped Azerian etc. In their history but time was came for ours so we destroyed....

Time came for europian and jewish but they messed up the all world...

So please read that book 'Yalan Soyleyen tarih Utansin' then you will see how burned ottoman archives only small of them left... also check internet for burned ottoman archives....

@[TR]AHMET

You said they were not touching women and children, I proved they did, the system of slavery is a different issue.

Ottoman sources are not destroyed, they're at archives.
Ottoman was not keep them as slave so you know that but europian keep peoples as slaves... and killed them like animals. Thats differences between them and us!

Also some of our peoples not accept Islam because hard to live it in their life so it need some Responsibilities... but when people read Quran they complately accept it's trues because these words from Allah. I think peoples should notice it for their future. Because after die we will be judge for eternal life.

Life is not joking friends it need Responsibilities so everpeople have a task for own future.

First thing can be good person then we have to know our responsibilities for Allah.

Dont think too much about nation. Just keep your language and culture and get alond with other nations.... then think about your responsibilities. ..

The ottomans almost lost their Turkicness just look at this monstrosity called "Ottoman Turkish"

It was stupid to cal a Turkish empire because most of it citizens arent Turkish. If this is your argument then we are finished.

Back
Top Bottom