What's new

Turkish PM’s ‘Zionist’ comment sparks international outcry

I don't see anyone screaming "death to jews" in here. That sort of thing doesn't happen in Turkey.
Sure it has. Ergodan has already characterized Zionism as "a crime against humanity." Meaning that if Turkey doesn't take an active hand in trying to destroy the Jewish State, it at least assures any nation that succeeds in doing so a warm welcome afterward, rather than pursuing its leaders as war criminals.

You feel the same way, don't you? That if the mullahs or Sauds destroyed Israel today, you'd welcome them as friends tomorrow, yes?

Just so you know your own feelings - so you know that deep down you're willing to be an accessory-after-the-fact to genocide.

Sure it has. Ergodan has already characterized Zionism as "a crime against humanity." Meaning that if Turkey doesn't take an active hand in trying to destroy the Jewish State, it at least assures any nation that succeeds in doing so a warm welcome afterward, rather than pursuing its leaders as war criminals.

You feel the same way, don't you? That if the mullahs or Sauds destroyed Israel today, you'd welcome them as friends tomorrow, yes?

Just so you know your own feelings - so you know that deep down you're willing to be an accessory-after-the-fact to genocide.
What a bullcrap,we are the only ones in the middle east that doesnt want you dead.
You are accusing the wrong people,dont make more enemies you allready have enough.

What a bullcrap,we are the only ones in the middle east that doesnt want you dead.
You are accusing the wrong people,dont make more enemies you allready have enough.
Thanks. A flat-out denial is indeed what I was looking for! As for making enemies...Zionists rarely make enemies; rather, people like Erdogan declare themselves enemies of Zionists. You might not sympathize with him now, but a few short years from now, with him controlling your education system and maybe extralegal Pakistan-type militias, who knows? Just look at the pickle Pakistan is in: their APC accepted the TTP as a political partner without requiring the TTP to lay down arms first. If that isn't an open invitation to terror, murder, and cruelty, what is?

Thanks. A flat-out denial is indeed what I was looking for! As for making enemies...Zionists rarely make enemies; rather, people like Erdogan declare themselves enemies of Zionists. You might not sympathize with him now, but a few short years from now, with him controlling your education system and maybe extralegal Pakistan-type militias, who knows? Just look at the pickle Pakistan is in: their APC accepted the TTP as a political partner without requiring the TTP to lay down arms first. If that isn't an open invitation to terror, murder, and cruelty, what is?

I dont know what happend to you all of a sudden but you should relax a bit,what made you so upset?
Denial?
For who or what?
As you maybe have noticed,i dont take nothing back of my statements.
So just because of you accusing me of wanting you dead im gonna change my mind about your country?
How can you compair Turkey to other muslim countries?
Erdogan is not a king or a sultan,he cant stay there forever
What Pakistan does is their internal affair,you think most Pakistanis like the way things are going in their country?
Maybe we should make a survey and ask people on PDF why they hate Israel(not because its a jew state but the real reason)
I think most wouldnt even know why,or would use palestine as a reason.
Focus on your enemies im not one of them and my country either(the flottila incident made some turks hate Israel,but your new government is on the way to fix it i believe).

Expect everything from our PM since he had argued with a Veteran a couple of days ago.

Torah,Jeremiah Chapter 4, Verses 5-7

Declare ye in Judah, and publish in Jerusalem; and say, Blow ye the trumpet (siren) in the land: cry, gather together, and say, Assemble yourselves, and let us go into the defenced cities (bunkers). Set up the standard toward Zion: (either) retire, (or) stay not (escape): for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction. The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant.

The Quran, Al-Isra, Verses 6-7

(O ye sons of Israel, after your destruction, ie, Nebuchadnezzar and the Romans rode and exiled you from your homes) then We gave the turn back to you to prevail over them, and strengthened you with resources and children, and made you the more numerous in human power (than before). If you do good (aware that God is seeing you), you do good to your own selves; and if you do evil, it is likewise to your own selves. And so, when the time (for the fulfillment) of the second decree comes, (We rouse new enemies against you) to disgrace you utterly and to enter the Temple as the others entered in before, and destroy entirely all they conquer.

Turkey's Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan during a news conference after the opening session of the fifth United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Forum in Vienna February 27, 2013. (Reuters / Heinz-Peter Bader)

The Israeli premier, the UN Chief and US officials criticized the Turkish PM’s claim that Jewish nationalism is a "crime against humanity," and rejected comparisons to fascism, the ideology behind the Holocaust, which targeted European Jews.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu labeled Wednesday’s statement by the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan as “dark and libelous.”

“I strongly condemn the comparison that the Turkish prime minister drew between Zionism and fascism,” Netanyahu was quoted as saying by Haaretz, adding that he “thought that such dark and libelous comments were a thing of the past.”

Netanyahu was responding to a speech by Erdogan at the opening of the fifth United Nations Alliance of Civilizations in Vienna on Wednesday, where in passing the Turkish leader compared modern Zionism to fascism, in the way it treats Muslims.

“Just like Zionism, anti-Semitism and fascism, it becomes unavoidable that Islamophobia must be regarded as a crime against humanity,” Erdogan said in his address to high-ranking officials including UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

Following the speech, UN Watch, a Geneva-based non-governmental organization that monitors the treatment of Israel and Jews in general in the UN, asked Ban Ki-moon to condemn the speech and called on Erdogan to apologize for the statement, which it described as an “Ahmedinejad-style pronouncement.”

“We remind Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon that his predecessor Kofi Annan recognized that the UN's 1975 Zionism-is-racism resolution was an expression of anti-Semitism, and he welcomed its repeal,” the lobby group stated.

The group argued that such statements by the Turkish leader “will only strengthen the belief that his government is hewing to a confrontational stance, and fundamentally unwilling to end its four-year-old feud with Israel.”

In its request to the UN General Secretary, UN Watch was referring to a November 1975 General Assembly resolution which said that Zionism, a multifaceted ideology that opposes the assimilation of Jews into other societies, was “a form of racism and racial discrimination.” In 1991 the resolution was repealed.

Following criticism over the UN chief’s silence, Ban spoke out on Friday, condemning Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s statement that Jewish nationalism is a “crime against humanity.”

"The secretary-general believes is it is unfortunate that such hurtful and divisive comments were uttered at a meeting being held under the theme of responsible leadership," Reuters quoted Ban’s spokesperson as saying.

The US also rejected Erdogan’s comments – National Security Council spokesperson Tommy Vietor said the characterization was "offensive and wrong," and that people of all religions should “denounce hateful actions and overcome... differences,” AP reported.

This issue will likely be discussed Friday when US State Secretary John Kerry meets with Erdogan and other Turkish leaders in Ankara.

Turkey and Israel have been at diplomatic loggerheads since the Mavi Marmara flotilla raid in 2010, when Israeli commandoes stormed a humanitarian ship trying to bring aid to victims of the siege on Gaza. Israeli forces killed nine Turkish civilians in the ordeal.

Turkish PM?s ?Zionist? comment sparks international outcry ? RT News

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...parks-international-outcry.html#ixzz2MjDpSzdd

Its all an act turkey is the closest partner to israel next to america Erdogan is just working the arab crowd.

Dude i dont support zionism the so called european jews are fakes they are of khazarian ( armenian, azerbijan) origin.

^@Solomon2 did anyone tell you that you're full of crap?

He did the standard switcheroo: substitute Zionist for Jewish, as if they are one and the same.

It's the standard Zionist tactic to play the anti-Semitism card.

He did the standard switcheroo: substitute Zionist for Jewish, as if they are one and the same.

It's the standard Zionist tactic to play the anti-Semitism card.
He could be right, if Turks knew the meaning of anti-semitism to begin with...

He's just as i said, full of crap :lol:

What is west consisting of, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain & the US? Look all the European countries are lining up in Ankara and Istanbul to get a pie of Turkish economic development. Among the OECD members only Turkey is growing successively & significantly and huge developmental projects are running in the country. It is evident that all these European countries do not have any significant influence on Turkey at this juncture of economic upheaval, in their own backyard.

The only western country that has some sort of Influence on Turkey is United States that too is vaining due to reduced Turkish dependency on US both in economic and military terms. Gone by the days when US embassy in Ankara used to run the country with the proxies. Today’s Turkey is confident enough to charter its own regional policy that suits her future endavours of regional leadership role.

Okay, so, according to Erdogan, Zionism is a "crime against humanity"

Zionism stands for the right of national self determination of the Jewish people. Erdogan has no problem with other nations, but the Jews must not be allowed to form a nation state. Why those jews want a state? Why should those jews be allowed self determination? The problem is, ultimately, the Jews.

In other words, this is a veiled anti semitic attack. Of course, Turkey, being a member of NATO, aspiring for EU membership, and rapidly undergoing Islamisation at the moment, has to veil his anti semitic attack as "anti zionism". Those who know what Zionism means would understand the implications of this veiled attack.

Okay, so, according to Erdogan, Zionism is a "crime against humanity"

Zionism stands for the right of national self determination of the Jewish people. Erdogan has no problem with other nations, but the Jews must not be allowed to form a nation state. Why those jews want a state? Why should those jews be allowed self determination? The problem is, ultimately, the Jews.

In other words, this is a veiled anti semitic attack. Of course, Turkey, being a member of NATO, aspiring for EU membership, and rapidly undergoing Islamisation at the moment, has to veil his anti semitic attack as "anti zionism". Those who know what Zionism means would understand the implications of this veiled attack.

I'm probably the last person here to advocate for Erdogan but just for the record, he said:

"Islamophobia must be recognized as a crime against humanity in the same fashion that Zionism, anti-Semitism and fascism should be"

Ask about zionism to Naom Chonsky. Is he a anti semitic to?:cheers:

fokin joke...

like this ***** in the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom