What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I have a feeling something big is happening in N. Syria...slowed down social media, news channels all calm and chilled. Tomorrow will be a big surprise for everyone I think

Nah, they're crying all over twitter *tsk is using chemicals omfg, help*, *where is US airforce* :)

Typical disinformation from pkk accounts.

Nah, they're crying all over twitter *tsk is using chemicals omfg, help*, *where is US airforce* :)

Typical disinformation from pkk accounts.
Lol. We should make Usaf bomb them while playing the American national anthem. That'l rattle their already weak spines

I have a feeling something big is happening in N. Syria...slowed down social media, news channels all calm and chilled. Tomorrow will be a big surprise for everyone I think

I have something in my mind because of latest developments,but it is secure to keep it in my mind only

Not every site....News sites are intact.....i think, something big is going to happen.

Maybe, a new push, or more incursions.....let's wait.

YPG is so,stupid....If Turkish army decides to go south and cuts their supply line....rest of their militants will get caught between ISIS terrorists and Turkish forces....
Interestingly, it seems ypg captures more land while 'retreating' (i think Kerry or some other US dude said this) than otherwise lol. I think they also rush those places in order to make the war strictly look like Turkey vs ypg instead of Turkey vs isis & ypg. I wonder whether the number of fsa will be enough, though. As long as fsa can hold a line while our artys, tanks etc. clean up, it should be fine, right?

Your answers were not all credible. Nonetheless i shall stop too.
Let's agree to disagree, but we can certainly talk about this topic in another thread.
A serious question though; will Iran contribute against the fight with ypg, our mutual enemy? If it already does, how? I'm not completely up-to-date about developments in Syria, but it seems so far Iran will let Turkey do all the fighting against ypg, which is a smart move of course without having to spend Iranian resources and blood.

There are already reports that Turkey has also contacted Iran and Russia before this operation, and you don't really hear an opposing voice from Moscow or Tehran, unlike previous rumors last year about a no-fly zone in northern Syria which brought heavy criticism from both Iran and Russia. It seems, after the failed coup, many things have changed between Iran, Turkey and Russia, this maybe be the immediate result, but maybe we will see even more in future.

Iran has no interest to directly fight YPG in Syria as they are not a direct threat, but it also opposes any Kurdish state in northern Syria, naturally. We have enough enemies in Syria (ISIS, Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, Zanki and a colorful list of terrorist groups), that's why fighting YPG is not a priority right now when they are not attacking us (or SAA) either.

----------------------------------------

The best map for area around Jarablus for those who are not aware of the situation there:

CqvJrdQWAAAu-gj.jpg:large

HQ version

Interestingly, it seems ypg captures more land while 'retreating' (i think Kerry or some other US dude said this) than otherwise lol. I think they also rush those places in order to make the war strictly look like Turkey vs ypg instead of Turkey vs isis & ypg. I wonder whether the number of fsa will be enough, though. As long as fsa can hold a line while our artys, tanks etc. clean up, it should be fine, right?
If need be we can find more rebels, I'm guessing an understanding will be reached with Assad on Turkmen mountains (if it hasn't already), allowing additional manpower to be transferred to the new theater as needed. Also if push comes to shove, our lions in the spec ops and commandos backed by the iron fist of mechanized divisions and watched over with the eyes of the Airforce will send these pigs to hell.

Seljuk brigade (Turkmen SDF) condemn the 'Turkish invasion' of Syria, and asks Turkey to withdraw form Syrian soil.

is this for real?

Who knows what will happen if YPG decides to attack our forces and allies in such a small area and our army and air force just involves more heavily? This can be a mouse trap for one of the sides but I believe our resources and force is much bigger so who knows what might happen... I prefer to talk after all is done and result gets more clear as I am not really sure at what is going to happen there and nobody knows what is in the heads of those who are on the chess board.

Let's agree to disagree, but we can certainly talk about this topic in another thread.

The best map for area around Jarablus for those who are not aware of the situation there:

HQ version

I think this is the best map who share the same idea with you

There are already reports that Turkey has also contacted Iran and Russia before this operation, and you don't really hear an opposing voice from Moscow or Tehran, unlike previous rumors last year about a no-fly zone in northern Syria which brought heavy criticism from both Iran and Russia. It seems, after the failed coup, many things have changed between Iran, Turkey and Russia, this maybe be the immediate result, but maybe we will see even more in future.

Iran has no interest to directly fight YPG in Syria as they are not a direct threat, but it also opposes any Kurdish state in northern Syria, naturally. We have enough enemies in Syria (ISIS, Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, Zanki and a colorful list of terrorist groups), that's why fighting YPG is not a priority right now when they are not attacking us (or SAA) either.

----------------------------------------

HQ version
praying for friendly and close relations between Iran and Turkey

Any updates guys? Are we going to see some action tonight?

ps Our push seem too weak and soft... even though we should go hard and send much more and better resources in the South and the Southeast to clear those roaches a little bit both in Turkey and around it. :guns:
We only see what we can see. Who knows there might be diplomatic communication between the US and Turkey regarding ypg, especially when considering that the US and some other western countries have personnel among the ypg. Nonetheless i have the confidence in my state, especially when considering that this is pretty much a point of no return operation, much depends on it and all major political parties stand behind it (if akp suddenly stops, mhp and chp will criticize akp to death). Therefore i believe our army will not return emptyhanded. But we can be assured that ypg in the east of Euphrates will be making traps, mines, dug-in positions etc. for a possible future invasion in that part too.

Is it really UAE, bro?

Yes. They were heavily involved in creation of this SDF circus. Arab coofounders of SDF were remnants of gruops like Jamal Morouf thugs who were decimated in Idlib and Aleppo for their links with foreign intel (UAE, USA links). Later some tribal elements joined, but they really didnt have much of a choice. They were left fighting ISIS on their own w/o any backing... so. But tension between YPG and those tribal elements were aparent from the start.... it was never going to last. I feel breaking point is near.

So from what i understand all sides uses ISIS as an excuse to advance their personal interests

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom