What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I hope Russia won't change it's mind if FSA shows incapability in the field. They need re-training about "how to hold lands". They can capture lands, but they have some problems with holding those lands they captured.

I mean, if they keep capturing and losing lands, they won't advance single inches.

I hope Russia won't change it's mind if FSA shows incapability in the field. They need re-training about "how to hold lands". They can capture lands, but they have some problems with holding those lands they captured.

I mean, if they keep capturing and losing lands, they won't advance single inches.

You're talking about Kabaşin ping pong in Al-Bab right?

With what kind of munitions are they shooting at those rats?

That's a tank firing HEAT or HEDP shells, not a 40mm granade launcher. That's why there's a long delay between each one. Those rats are quite far away, about 1 km.

And how can you hold lands when the counter attack come with a sea of bombs?

Actually... the best fighters in this conflict are Syrian rebels... and IS... they kept what they could and even grabed more with NO AIR SUPPORT to help but only Sea of bombs on their heads...
An no Equipement... only what they could scavange from ASSad and few munitions/TOW from foreign help...

And how can you hold lands when the counter attack come with a sea of bombs?
I hope you are joking o_O FSA has Turkish tech access, they are the advanced one, and they captured the hill, which means you also have elevation advantage.

PKK does not have any night vision goggles/optics, FSA has, and even if not they can just ask Turkish military personnel and acquire enough amount of them.

But what FSA did? They run away from the hill, at night, where they have vision and elevation advantage against PKK scum where they were in lower altitute and couldn't see anything at night o_O

I hope you are joking o_O FSA has Turkish tech access, they are the advanced one, and they captured the hill, which means you also have elevation advantage.

PKK does not have any night vision goggles/optics, FSA has, and even if not they can just ask Turkish military personnel and acquire enough amount of them.

But what FSA did? They run away from the hill, at night, where they have vision and elevation advantage against PKK scum where they were in lower altitute and couldn't see anything at night o_O

You meant in Afrin op... My bad...thou' you spoke in general...

The strategic Hill too is already lost. I fear the same thing. FSA need to be dropped ASAP.

The strategic Hill too is already lost. I fear the same thing. FSA need to be dropped ASAP.

It was a tactical retreat, propably ordered by TSK. Nothing wrong with that. The operation has begun, but the major attacks haven't. We're just testing them.

It was a tactical retreat, propably ordered by TSK. Nothing wrong with that. The operation has begun, but the major attacks haven't. We're just testing them.

Yes, TSK clearly would order FSA to retreat from the hill where FSA has elevation and night vision advantages o_O

Oğuz did you see the Tunnels video inside that hill ? its 90 cm think concrete and they have 5 fixed positions similar like germans in normandy. And they had a tunnel that so long they coudnt find the other exit. Personally i prefer this way. We must not give casualties. This is our achilles heel.

Oğuz did you see the Tunnels video inside that hill ? its 90 cm think concrete and they have 5 fixed positions similar like germans in normandy. And they had a tunnel that so long they coudnt find the other exit. Personally i prefer this way. We must not give casualties. This is our achilles heel.

Yes, i saw the footages FSA released. I would like to avoid unnecessery casualties, doesnt matter if it belongs to FSA or Turkish Army. But the deal is, night will still give you enormous advantage against PKK since they can only trust in small candles to see their path, while you have access any vision you want with your availible equipments. Probably FSA didn't have those night vision tools, or they don't know how to use them. In both ways, they need to be re-trained about how to hold lands after they capture, specially if that land is a hill that gives you the advantage of elevation, since PKK does not have airforce or attack choppers they need to deal with FSA by their flesh, running blind in the dark at night.

Back
Top Bottom