What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I think if a no vote comes out of the referendum, there gonna be early elections.

Nah no need.
Erdogan will continue like this, and then in the next election he will return to his PM's position. Like Putin, president/pm/president/pm...he will take turn for each position.

It was from Sputnik ! No me. BTW, all will see huge changes after April 16.

If HAYIR, (Türkiye could collapse)
I will think serious about emigrating to Croatia / Dalmatia.
There are many opportunities people are smart and polite.
True...coup attempt if succeeded turkey will collapse and same thing with referendum not because of CHP but the mentality of turkey will change to worse.So you will see ypg in north syria and religious debate will start

The first country that would recognize Kurdistan as a state would be Israel. Hell, I think the only reason that U.S is interested in creating that state is for the security of Israel.

I doubt it. They would get a lot of bad publicity from that because it would be super hypocritical of them due to Palestine. It would also create a precedent that could bite them in the ***. Not to mention Turkey would cut off relations immediately. Not worth it. It would be better for them to use the Kurds surreptitiously.

US is only interested in creating chaos to keep everyone in the region weak. One of the main strategic goals of US foreign policy is to prevent regional powers from emerging (in the absence of a local regional power, the US is the only regional power).

I doubt it. They would get a lot of bad publicity from that because it would be super hypocritical of them due to Palestine. It would also create a precedent that could bite them in the ***. Not to mention Turkey would cut off relations immediately. Not worth it. It would be better for them to use the Kurds surreptitiously.

US is only interested in creating chaos to keep everyone in the region weak. One of the main strategic goals of US foreign policy is to prevent regional powers from emerging (in the absence of a local regional power, the US is the only regional power).
I dont think so. This so called Kurdistan is landlocked (like Afghanistan), they don't have and strategic minerals that the U.S wants, And the U.S is almost energy independent and they don't need them for the Oil, so security of Israel is the only reason that comes into the mind.
And i'm not even blaming it on Israelis either, It's our/yours foreign policy's fault. Israelis are in desperate need of regional allies. Prior to the Islamic revelation in Iran, Israel was one of our allies, we were the second Muslim-majority country to recognize Israel after you, but with Islamic revelation not only they've lost one of their best allies but our ayatollahs managed to turn Iran to their worst enemy with their "Islam Umma" ideology. Your AKP also managed to fvck your relationship with them too, so what do you think they gonna do? They will create their own reliable ideal ally in the reign. What we gotta do to save our own necks is that we should consider Israel as our regional ally and protect them like it's a part of our own country, and even threat their neighbor Arab countries that we go to war with them if they attack Israel. This way we don't need to be worry about Americans going into "nation building" mode and we can solve our internal problems step by step, and we have a big leverage in our hand. But since we have these ayatollahs in power in Iran and they really don't care about Iran, cause in their ideology all of Islamic countries are one umma and there's no such thing as country, so they are not really worry about things like borders and the only think they care about is wiping Israel of the map, and Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in power in Turkey, An Islamist that you really can't tell what he's going do to tomorrow, I don't have any hope that we can save our as*es on this one.
US is only interested in creating chaos to keep everyone in the region weak
Dude when you have an Achilles heel, you shouldn't creating conflicts with someone stronger that you who knows that vulnerable point and have the capacity to use that vulnerability against you.

I'm not sure why there were promises by politicians (or anyone for that matter) of Turkish forces taking Raqqa. In any scenario that would have meant crossing the US and SDF.

I'm not sure why there were promises by politicians (or anyone for that matter) of Turkish forces taking Raqqa. In any scenario that would have meant crossing the US and SDF.
Raqqa was about participation on coalition with the condition that ypg doesnt participate.

Raqqa was about participation on coalition with the condition that ypg doesnt participate.

Which doesn't exactly strike me as a realistic or probable course of action. The United States will stand by the YPG/SDF since they have delivered for them thus far. They demonstrated their commitment recently by upping their visibility alongside them.

An oppurtunity for Turkey may arise post Raqqa or even Inherent Resolve if the US decides to draw down significantly.

Which doesn't exactly strike me as a realistic or probable course of action. The United States will stand by the YPG/SDF since they have delivered for them thus far. They demonstrated their commitment recently by upping their visibility alongside them.

An oppurtunity for Turkey may arise post Raqqa or even Inherent Resolve if the US decides to draw down significantly.
Thats why Turkey isnt participating.

Thats why Turkey isnt participating.

I know. My point is why there was any remarks or hopes of Turkey participating or even heading in that operation when there clearly was no chance of it happening from the outset.

Even when it is dead set many here on PDF in the last couple of pages have somehow convinced themselves that Raqqa is somehow possible.

I know. My point is why there was any remarks or hopes of Turkey participating or even heading in that operation when there clearly was no chance of it happening from the outset.

Even when it is dead set many here on PDF in the last couple of pages have somehow convinced themselves that Raqqa is somehow possible.
I dont know to be honest, i dont understand most of our FP for the moment anyways.

Alp Technology presents rapid deployable ballistic barrier systems :

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al.jpg

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al_3.jpg

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al_4.jpg

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al_5.jpg

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al_10.jpg

Mehmet_Yesilbas_al_12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom