What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

The Turkish-backed rebels lost territory to the Syrian Kurds in the last couple of days, in case you didn't know that.

The Syrian Kurds managed to recapture Tall Turin, Qarah and Jubb al Hamir from the Turkish-backed jihadists.

And if the Russian-brokered deal between the YPG and SAA gets finalized, then Turkey won't be able to do anything since the SAA will take over the demarcation line between the YPG and Euphrates Shield forces.

The YPG hasn't really given up much territory to Assad. All it has done was allow the SAA to take over the demarcation line.

Like it or not, that was a very smart move. It means that Turkey can't attack the Kurds in Manbij unless it attacks the SAA first, which will prompt a Russian military response.

The Turks achieved nothing by invading the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. Trade has resumed between Afrin canton and the rest of Rojava via SAA-held Aleppo. So what exactly did Erdogan achieve? If anything, he lost a lot of credibility after he gave up on Aleppo.

It won't get that bad, in my opinion.

I think the Kurds will eventually settle their own differences.

That said, you shouldn't underestimate Baghdad. They're not as weak as you think.

In proxies war.. everything is possible... from the 20th century to Today, we've got plenty of it.
As for PMU she may not be that weak, but she's neither that strong.

finding a kurdish state in syria have gone the moment we set a foot in syria, their hope of connecting their cantons have faded away the moment we took azaz jarbulus and al bab. and them handing over manbij is the final head of the coffing of kurdish state. the only areas left for them is kobane qamshil and afrin which we are going to take over, so kuwait girl you and your commie brothers have to wait another centruy for your donkeyland to come to reality8-)

And i tell you Russia will make sure Assad gets all parts of Syria back and Turkey will accept it since its better SAA having it than ypg, it all depends on how far US will go to protect its proxies.
It make no sense to me that Russia would accept a autonomous region that will serve as another base for US, preventing this is actually their first priority.
Russia only cares about the western coastal Alawite region. Everything else is secondary as far as the Russians are concerned. Strategically speaking, Russia only wants to preserve its naval presence in the eastern Mediterranean region. Propping up Assad was not about reclaiming all of Syria as much as it was about protecting Russia's assets in the western coastal regions. To prove my point, Russia only decided to intervene military in Syria after Latakia began to be genuinely threatened by the jihadists in Idlib.

Russia doesn't have enough resources to endure a long war in Syria. The Russians will go bankrupt before they can help Assad recapture all of Syria. Also, this is not what the Russians really want. The Russians are interested in brokering peace in order to reestablish their international standing and gain leverage against the US.

With regard to the Syrian Kurds, both Russia and America are on good terms with them. Don't forget that the Russians were allowed to establish a military presence in YPG-held areas back in fall 2015.

Russia won't fight the Syrian Kurds. If anything, it'll protect them, which is exactly why it proposed to send SAA border guards to take over the demarcation line between the Kurds and the Turkish-backed rebels to the west of Manbij. This couldn't have been achieved without Russian diplomacy. Also, it's the Russians who are pressing for the inclusion of the Syrian Kurds in the Geneva peace talks. Put simply, Russia views the Kurds as an excellent leverage against the Turks.

It would be geopolitically foolish of the Russians and Assad to get rid of the YPG Kurds. The presence of the YPG Kurds has tamed Erdogan and the Turks in general. Without the YPG Kurds, Turkey would still be obsessively fighting a proxy war against Damascus.

The Turkish-backed rebels lost territory to the Syrian Kurds in the last couple of days, in case you didn't know that.

The Syrian Kurds managed to recapture Tall Turin, Qarah and Jubb al Hamir from the Turkish-backed jihadists.

And if the Russian-brokered deal between the YPG and SAA gets finalized, then Turkey won't be able to do anything since the SAA will take over the demarcation line between the YPG and Euphrates Shield forces.

The YPG hasn't really given up much territory to Assad. All it has done was allow the SAA to take over the demarcation line.

Like it or not, that was a very smart move. It means that Turkey can't attack the Kurds in Manbij unless it attacks the SAA first, which will prompt a Russian military response.

The Turks achieved nothing by invading the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. Trade has resumed between Afrin canton and the rest of Rojava via SAA-held Aleppo. So what exactly did Erdogan achieve? If anything, he lost a lot of credibility after he gave up on Aleppo.

That said, you shouldn't underestimate Baghdad. They're not as weak as you think.
You are like a broken record!

finding a kurdish state in syria have gone the moment we set a foot in syria, their hope of connecting their cantons have faded away the moment we took azaz jarbulus and al bab. and them handing over manbij is the final head of the coffing of kurdish state. the only areas left for them is kobane qamshil and afrin which we are going to take over, so kuwait girl you and your commie brothers have to wait another centruy for your donkeyland to come to reality8-)
The Turks won't attack the Kurds east of the Euphrates. For one thing, the Turks have already built a wall along the entire border between Rojava and Turkey, so there's not going to be a Turkish ground incursion from that area. Secondly, the Kurdish-held territories east of the Euphrates are filled with American and French military bases.

Failure to connect Afrin with the rest of Rojava doesn't really mean anything. The rest of Rojava can declare independence tomorrow morning if it wants to.

Also, the YPG isn't handing Manbij over to Assad. Only the border between the YPG-held and Turkish-held areas will be handed over to the Syrian army. The city of Manbij is occupied by many American military personnel.

The saddest thing about your Kurdophobia is that you don't even realize that the YPG doesn't want Kurdish independence rofl. It's the Rojava Peshmerga, which is aligned with Erdogan, that actually desires Kurdish independence in Syria.

The Turks won't attack the Kurds east of the Euphrates. For one thing, the Turks have already built a wall along the entire border between Rojava and Turkey, so there's not going to be a Turkish ground incursion from that area. Secondly, the Kurdish-held territories east of the Euphrates are filled with American and French military bases.

Failure to connect Afrin with the rest of Rojava doesn't really mean anything. The rest of Rojava can declare independence tomorrow morning if it wants to.

Also, the YPG isn't handing Manbij over to Assad. Only the border between the YPG-held and Turkish-held areas will be handed over to the Syrian army. The city of Manbij is occupied by many American military personnel.

The saddest thing about your Kurdophobia is that you don't even realize that the YPG doesn't want Kurdish independence rofl. It's the Rojava Peshmerga, which is aligned with Erdogan, that actually desires Kurdish independence in Syria.

As I told you... EVerything is possible in proxies war... everything

C6Bbx-vUYAAtdN6.jpg

:)

Incoming :)

so @Kuwaiti Girl any tho' about it ? :)

Knowledge time :
Ppl think Angels are peace and beauty, the incarnation of "goodness" after Allah. But they forget that they are soldiers who will destroy and kill whatever and whoever if Allah ask them to. even Kids/womans/innocents and so on and so on...

Last edited:

Yes only 3 villages that were under Rebel control. The operation wasn't even prepared yet. Trust me, Isis retook villages from us back and forth during Al-bab operation and look at the end result. So like I said, don't get happy just cause you retook a few villages while Turkey was preparing.

YPG (US backed terrorists) doubted Turkey before the operation even started and acted all tough. It's pointless arguing with children like YPG sympathizers.

Once the operation is green light, it's gonna be beginning of the operation all over again with you guys retreating again, then I would like to see what type of BS you have to post.

You are just supporting a lost cause, stop trying to be edgy because you're pro-Russian/Assad/Iran.

our goal have long been not to share a boder with isis and ypg and we are acheiving that and we will acheive that everything else is secondary, and i don't know what is that kurdophopia is about is that a chocolate?

Yes only 3 villages that were under Rebel control. The operation wasn't even prepared yet. Trust me, Isis retook villages from us back and forth during Al-bab operation and look at the end result. So like I said, don't get happy just cause you retook a few villages while Turkey was preparing.

YPG (US backed terrorists) doubted Turkey before the operation even started and acted all tough. It's pointless arguing with children like YPG sympathizers.

Once the operation is green light, it's gonna be beginning of the operation all over again with you guys retreating again, then I would like to see what type of BS you have to post.

You are just supporting a lost cause, stop trying to be edgy because you're pro-Russian/Assad/Iran.
Assad and Iran are winning due to Turkey's incompetence, and they'll continue to do so until Erdogan is removed from power by the Turkish people.

Assad and Iran are now in a much stronger position in Syria thanks in large part to Erdogan. Don't forget that it was Erdogan who betrayed the rebels of Idlib and Aleppo city in exchange for getting the green light from Moscow to enter the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. That's the whole reason why Aleppo was taken over by the Syrian army in the first place.

So I find it rather ironic that you think Assad and Iran are losing.

As for the YPG, they're not going anywhere.

If you had told the Kurds in the 1970s and 80s that they would one day rule over northern Iraq and northern Syria, they would've called you mad. Things have gotten much better for them in the last couple of decades, and it'll only get better in the coming decades, especially as they continue to outbreed the ethnic Turks.

the peshmerga are not weak as you think. the american have armed them to the teeth...

I am well aware of all the equipment they have received (unless it's secret but none of us know). Armed to the teeth is quite wrong to say, some ATGW and AT-4 are their 'top' weapons they received, IS has better weapons, more determined fighters and VBIED's yet the ISF managed to defeat them wherever they faced them in major urban battles. Pesh in the open plains wouldn't be a challenge as conventional firepower is more decisive there. Pesh have spent their years digging trenches whilst the ISF and PMU fought and are battle hardened now. One has to only look at what the Pesh managed to liberate from IS, barely anything. Sinjar, which took them a year with 1000+ US air strike and the help of YPG/PKK.

Although.. it's unlikely to see this escalate to that level where you have ISF air units strike, PMU might step in.

Any kind of cooperation between the Syrian government and the Kurds is a good thing, in my opinion.

It's a golden opportunity for Iraq and Iran to pull the Kurds into their orbit and away from the Erdogan-Barzani axis.

So you are accepting an Ibliss for another one? In the End... we got ourselfs nowhere...
It's just an emotional opinion then...
Bf you jump in... know that one camp is supported by democracies, while the other not... choose wisely :)

I am well aware of all the equipment they have received (unless it's secret but none of us know). Armed to the teeth is quite wrong to say, some ATGW and AT-4 are their 'top' weapons they received, IS has better weapons, more determined fighters and VBIED's yet the ISF managed to defeat them wherever they faced them in major urban battles. Pesh in the open plains wouldn't be a challenge as conventional firepower is more decisive there. Pesh have spent their years digging trenches whilst the ISF and PMU fought and are battle hardened now. One has to only look at what the Pesh managed to liberate from IS, barely anything. Sinjar, which took them a year with 1000+ US air strike and the help of YPG/PKK.

Although.. it's unlikely to see this escalate to that level where you have ISF air units strike, PMU might step in.
whatever happens the krg is getting cocky these days i hope you take them back the oilfields they took over in kirkuk

Any kind of cooperation between the Syrian government and the Kurds is a good thing, in my opinion.

It's a golden opportunity for Iraq and Iran to pull the Kurds into their orbit and away from the Erdogan-Barzani axis.
lol the kurds hate erdogan and Iranian mullahs equaly. go and check rudaw

So you are accepting an Ibliss for another one? In the End... we got ourselfs nowhere...
It's just an emotional opinion then...
Bf you jump in... know that one camp is supported by democracies, while the other not... choose wisely :)
I prefer meritocracies/technocracies to democracies by the way. :p:

Anyway, as to your question, the secular devil is better than the Islamic one.

I prefer meritocracies/technocracies to democracies by the way. :p:

Anyway, as to your question, the secular devil is better than the Islamic one.

ofc... Then as Turkey IS a democracy AND Secular. maybe not a perfect one, but yet, it's one.
ASSad not a democracy but secular
And IRan An Islamic State.

So which one you choose? :)

Back
Top Bottom