What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Well you can ask NATO for help but we can't LOL
That was good as the first step mate
I'm waiting on it's complete unveiling after that you can judge it. Be patience, F-35 took 15 years after it's first flight.

An Iranian point of view to Turkish defence technology matters.

CzkiTpJXEAAQrcZ.jpg

Dude don't you understand or avoid it that we said there is no Turkish army in Syria.

Only 300 commando and 2 dozens of SF units with 25-30 armed vehicles/tanks without air support/cover by TurAF, attack helicopters etc.

The problem is there in Ankara. Our weakness is that.

Turkish army has capability to burn that lands like hell.

If Turkey employed "commandos" and special forces then I am shocked that they can not even send out reconnaissance units which is a basic military procedure. If it's true that Turkey deployed 25-30 armored vehicles then many are destroyed by now.

The problem is that you are clearly upset. Many Turkish members here questioned the Turkish military planning and rightfully so. Like I said, casualties are just a part of war it's very difficult if not impossible to defend against ATGMs and VBIEDs but the Turkish operation clearly has flaws.

I think the Turkish military is too stretched across a large area and it looks like the ground recon units are limited to almost none existent even with "moderates" providing a buffer. like I said I was not expecting some miracle from Turkey since they have no recent combat experience and lost many officers and generals to the coupe attempt.

Brother, stop the chest thumping.

We do not have the capacity to burn those lands like hell. End of story.

If you want to lay out your facts on how we have this capacity please enlighten me.

Bro for the sake of god don't you see our air force doing nothing. Where is our attack helicopters? Ok T129's and super cobras in operations at southeastern Anatolia but what about the other cobras?

What are we doing there? 1.5 mil. army reserve we have but only e few hundred commandos and a few dozens of tanks even no surface to air defence.

What type war is this? If we aren't fight what that the hack is our guys are there? If we are really in a war why only a few soldiers are there?

What type war is this?

Bro we must admit it that our political weakness is effecting it negatively. Still we are not allowed to enter in Syria full-scale armed units. For every single move, we give information to everyone and waiting for their ok.

This is not a war but a joke.

Well said
But Turkey is moving towards Russia and Iran and many changes have taken place in her policy. That is why USA is trying to provoke Russia into war and destroy Turkey ,the assassination of Russian ambassador,. I think that we must protect Turkey in that way.
and Pakistan is also moving towards the same block along with china. saudis are also been forced to deepen it's ties with china.

I did't see any Turks questioned Tuco's religious beliefs or avatar. I think it is a clear difference between Turks and barbarians. We are secular, we don't care other people's religions or beliefs.

Don't know how authentic this is! Any senior member can provide more information.
+++
http://defense-watch.com/2016/12/22/photo-captured-turkish-leopard-2a4-released-isis/
+++
Photos of captured Turkish Leopard 2A4 tanks and ACV-15 IFV released by ISIS

December 22, 2016 Defense Watch

ISIS claims it has captured Turkish Leopard 2A4 tanks on the outskirts of Syria’s Al-Bab.

The photos of the claimed tanks have been released by an ISIS media outlet.

A wheeled loader and an ACV-15 IFV have also been captured.

C0SdBnxW8AAeSd8.jpg
C0SdJuCXAAI2sQM.jpg
C0SdNd1XAAAz6nx.jpg
C0SdTMAXUAEE4Nq.jpg

Don't know how authentic this is! Any senior member can provide more information.
+++
http://defense-watch.com/2016/12/22/photo-captured-turkish-leopard-2a4-released-isis/
+++
Photos of captured Turkish Leopard 2A4 tanks and ACV-15 IFV released by ISIS

December 22, 2016 Defense Watch

ISIS claims it has captured Turkish Leopard 2A4 tanks on the outskirts of Syria’s Al-Bab.

The photos of the claimed tanks have been released by an ISIS media outlet.

A wheeled loader and an ACV-15 IFV have also been captured.

C0SdBnxW8AAeSd8.jpg
C0SdJuCXAAI2sQM.jpg
C0SdNd1XAAAz6nx.jpg
C0SdTMAXUAEE4Nq.jpg

1 Leopard has been retaken and the other one was destroyed by F-16's.

You know guys when Russia took over Crimea the Baltic states immediately held military exercises mimicking what Russia pulled off in Crimea.

When ISIS was taking over territory in our region we should have been holding military exercises that mimicked their tactics to prepare our troops for an encounter with them, instead we were assaulting Aegean beaches with Efes exercises.

We should have been preparing for this moment but failed to do so. Now we are learning it the hard way.

I believe that we actually need Pars or Arma fitted with MIZRAK UKSS or BOZOK that could move fast and move soldiers one point to another. which would be more hard to isis to hit it with an ATGM instead of staying in one spot.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom