What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Which Russian jets are there in Turkey and how much?

All depends on Green Light from US

Turkey will shoot russian plane down and then call it regime plane. Russian plane shoots turks and they say regime plane responsible. This is how the game is being played at the moment. This game will eventually will become direct.

RU back in Northern Syria...
YPG Are trying to push Tel Rifaat front...

The recent Russian involvement on the ground especially in the Saraqeb front is most likely to consolidate the SAA gains before an hypothetical ceasefire is enforced in order to the SAA and its allies to regenerate in terms of manpower and equipments before another major offensive is launched. Or maybe the Russians have other thoughts ? What do you think ?

RU back in Northern Syria...
YPG Are trying to push Tel Rifaat front...

I dont understand why arent the rebels pushing harder? Whats become of the rebels lately they seem to play too much on tactics and lose ground. Before rebels used to stick their ground and fight the russian and assadist for months before a small town fell despite being against heavy air power.

The recent Russian involvement on the ground especially in the Saraqeb front is most likely to consolidate the SAA gains before an hypothetical ceasefire is enforced in order to the SAA and its allies to regenerate in terms of manpower and equipments before another major offensive is launched. Or maybe the Russians have other thoughts ? What do you think ?

Yep, the Russians are trying to take key strategic areas and solidify their gains before the talks. Tr should increase it's involvement instead of decreasing the pressure on the SAA at the moment.

I dont understand why arent the rebels pushing harder? Whats become of the rebels lately they seem to play too much on tactics and lose ground. Before rebels used to stick their ground and fight the russian and assadist for months before a small town fell despite being against heavy air power.

It simple, the rebel had built extensive defence structures along the Sochi line, allowing them to hide themselves and equipment from airstrikes. Ones the defensive line was overrun, the rebels were left exposed if they tried to fight and defend villages.

IMO, RU involvement comes after some sort of pressure from the Regime side and also the income meeting in 2-3 days. They had to show up, and give the opportunity to say "We are still here/ We matter". And I'm pretty sure TR knew about their "re-coming"... That's maybe why those last few days were very intense from TR side.
TR based the entirety of her OP rhetoric on retaking the land till the Observation points. Therefore RU believing in a ceasefire, is very low/limited. Everybody is aware of what each side wishes. TR can't back down from it anymore, doing so, will have an ever greater consequences than just "leaving" in the first place...

SAA and Allies can't regenerate that fast... What they lost will need weeks to get back... (since it will deplete forces in other strategic locations, Like Daraa/Deir ez zor etc...)

Rebels answer to TR as for now. Even HTS seems to play by that rule.
I don't know the full "contract" that went btw all of them... But Rebels were mostly given very good "conditions" in exchange for their "obedience" in this OP.
If I was them... and was given every possible guarantee/promises that all Of idlib would be retaken... I will mostly follow...

Last edited:
I dont know why turkey isnt expanding its targets. It should be attacking allepo hama homs munbich latakia....all it takes is deploying more anka and bayracktars?
Those few days were mostly "a taste" for the incoming meeting...
No one start a full op few days bf a meeting that you, yourself asked for...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom