What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

No, bro. Turkey isnt a rogue nation. Such action wouldnt serve Turkey in any meanigful way, it would only complicate thigns and give enemies of Turkey new negative narative to push against Turkey. Turkey is already winning ideological and moral battle in the wider Islamic world. Also party of the president Hadi is quite fond of Turkey, in his speaches after he won election he mentioned Turkey as a model. Turkey is employing, quite smartly its soft power, sending humanitarian aid, doctors, medicine... In Sudan, when Bashir fell, protest leaders gave Turkey as an example of what kind of state they want Sudan to become during the interview to the local newspapers.

Saudis and UAE are already supporting SDF with money, US pressured them to do so. Its the waste of money. Let them. Arabs in eastern areas dont call on them to entire arab region, they are calling for Turkey. And thats what terifies them. Saudi media just started calling Syrians allied with Turkey terrorist and start giving support to Asssad offensives. Why? cause turkish influence is spreading among Syrians, and Saudis and UAE are unpopular among rebels. Also by Turkey creating a proto state in Syria it desnt only bother Assad, but them too. Cause they despise any kind of change, vration of a model that isnt modeled on dictatorship, where ppl choose their own representative bodies and so on. Thats why they support Haftar against democratic gov of GNA in Libya. And now what they do in Sudan... As I said before Turkey is on the right side of history from the first uprising in Egypt till now. And no one in the region, and Europe, cant lecture Turkey on it. These scum will not last... and the ppl, when they come, they remember who was with them, and who was sponsoring their suffering or staying quite which is the same shit.

----------------

wow, this location is very close to the Presedential Palace. Who was it; Israel, sabotage by clendestine Abu Amara cells, which is rumored to be connected to turkish MIT) , or just an accident. We will found out soon.

Last edited:
Its rumored TAF conducted strikes against regime artillery position today. Russia is claiming their AirForce did the airstrikes on 'militants' in coordination with Turkey, which makes me to bealive the rumores about TAF strikes.

What is Turkey's end game in SYria?I'm worried there's no "Syrian cake" to share with Turkey. Russia, Iran, US and Syrian govt will have everything valuable in Syria. Is a buffer zone with Kurds the only thing Turkey cares about/wants? Turkey is supporting terrorists like HTS heavy in Idlib, so what is all this support for? Assad and RuAF + Shiite militias will finish off Turkey's proxies eventually...or they are already useless? if not why did US put $10M bounty on Joulani's head? is it because he's not useful ANYMORE? smh..i would like to truly understand TUrkey's real motives and end game plan in Syria. Maybe US and Turkey are also showing tensions because of how things have gone in Syria? i suspect that has worsened their relationship considerably..

Its rumored TAF conducted strikes against regime artillery position today. Russia is claiming their AirForce did the airstrikes on 'militants' in coordination with Turkey, which makes me to bealive the rumores about TAF strikes.

Seems fake to me.

What is Turkey's end game in SYria?I'm worried there's no "Syrian cake" to share with Turkey. Russia, Iran, US and Syrian govt will have everything valuable in Syria. Is a buffer zone with Kurds the only thing Turkey cares about/wants? Turkey is supporting terrorists like HTS heavy in Idlib, so what is all this support for? Assad and RuAF + Shiite militias will finish off Turkey's proxies eventually...or they are already useless? if not why did US put $10M bounty on Joulani's head? is it because he's not useful ANYMORE? smh..i would like to truly understand TUrkey's real motives and end game plan in Syria. Maybe US and Turkey are also showing tensions because of how things have gone in Syria? i suspect that has worsened their relationship considerably..

Rebuild Ottoman empire.

First of all, Turkey is NOT supporting HTS. Actually terrorist organizations like HTS and ISIS was one of the reasons why the opposition lost the civil war in the first place and as you can imagine that was not the thing that turkey was looking for.

As for the question you ask, at the beginning of the war, Erdogan's government wanted to put Islamist, Sunni leaders to the countries which affected from Arab spring such as Libya, Egypt, and Syria. They thought they had the necessary power to do that which they actually didn't have. In this way, these countries were going to be close allies of Turkey. Furthermore, they were helping to their fellow Islamist brother so there was also an Islamist agenda.

Right now, Turkey's end game in Syria is to:
1- Completely destroy YPG(PKK) in Syria
2- Send Syrian refugees back to the areas which are currently held and will be held in the future in Syria
3- Strengthen Syrian opposition forces and build Assad-free strong area in order to sit at the table with a certain level of leverage which will enable opposition has a voice in the administration of Syria after the war. in this way, Turkey will not completely lose its interests in Syria in the future

I would offer a slitghly differente view. Erdogan didnt want to put Islamist per se, it wasnt its mission, Turkey had no hand in inciting the Arab Spring, and protest movment. But it did embraced the Arab spring cause of enourmous opportunity it represented, status quo which was in place for almost a century, was main opstacle to better, more prosperous and connected ME. Muslim Brotherhood of course were playing major role of democratic change, cause its a parti and a movment with a century of existance, they were only political force prepreraid for such multiparty, democratic scenario. And of course they won in every election since Algeria. WHat trully connects AKP and Erdogan, where sympathies lie, is that MB beliefs just like Erdogan that ME countries need to stay on their own feet, and work with one another in building a cohesevive alliance, and by doing so minimazing or eliminating western chokehold on their countries ecconomies and leevers of power in ME. Muslim countries in ME, North Africa, have all necessary tools from resources, gheography onward to rapidly grow and chellenge the West. Also they were equally concerned by the way Turkey engages with those countries , turkish strategy, win-win as Erdogan calls it. Is far-cry from the western neocolonialism, which is trategy of explotation. In contrast, Turkey engagment is multi-faced; designed not to exploit and make the country its dependent neocolony; its goal is helping in building and improving state instutions; army, police, medical, education, economy... so they can stand on its own feat. This is the same reason why is there more and more bullshit about Turkish role in Africa, they are afraid of Turkeys alternative aproach, not based on keeping them kneeling, and rip for explotation... I talked more about this in Turkish Geopolitics theread,

But only way in achiving this is by working together, forming sterong multinational instutiuons and economics and defence link. Thats the reason why the West supported cuops in ALgeria, Egypt, changing its tune on Erdogan and Turkey trying to vilify it, start calling him Sultan, and why they refused to help Turkey topple Assad.... They want those countries to stay divided, at throat at each other, using useful idiots of Saudis and Emirates. Cause they are well aware if it heppens, the Last Crusade will be dealt ist final deafet.

As for HTS. HTS link with AQ was severed 3 year ago, they ara indeed a diferent player, ideologicly, too. They are indeed consevative in their politics, and nationalistic. They never targeted civilian tagets, only military, never staged attack outside of Syria on any other country. Tukeys problem with them is, Turkey wants them to moderate their stance fruther so that they can be incoporated in Turkish backed National Army and be part of joint political opposition spectre. Turkey had some succses in that regard: Terrorist desiignation was strategic, I believe had two reasons; to undermine the bullshit narratuive about turkish support fot terrorist; apease US, and put additional pressure to HTS to conform to wider Syrian opposition. So, Turkish designation of HTS is more of a political play, then anythign else. Btw, HTS, by statistic is responsible for minority of civilian caulsties along FSA.
Now, one may tthink Im somekind of HTS simpatizier, Im not. But.. we need to have nuanced debate and aproach to these things. Only faction with links with AQ, is Huras al Din, 200 figters witch broke from HTS after they denunced Al Qaida..In fact, HTS made multiple arrest campaigns against some of their leaders. Huras al Din, considers HTS, and regulary call them, turkish puppets.the irony.

Last edited:
I would offer a slitghly differente view. Erdogan didnt want to put Islamist per se, it wasnt its mission, Turkey had no hand in inciting the Arab Spring, and protest movment. But it did embraced the Arab spring cause of enourmous opportunity it represented, status quo which was in place for almost a century, was main opstacle to better, more prosperous and connected ME. Muslim Brotherhood of course were playing major role of democratic change, cause its a parti and a movment with a century of existance, they were only political force prepreraid for such multiparty, democratic scenario. And of course they won in every election since Algeria. WHat trully connects AKP and Erdogan, where sympathies lie, is that MB beliefs just like Erdogan that ME countries need to stay on their own feet, and work with one another in building a cohesevive alliance, and by doing so minimazing or eliminating western chokehold on their countries ecconomies and leevers of power. Muslim countries in ME, North Africa, have all necessary tools from resources, gheography onward to rapidly grow and chellenge the West. Also they were equally concerned by the way Turkey engages with those countries , turkish strategy, win-win as Erdogan calls it. Is far-cry from the western neocolonialism, which is trategy of explotation. In contrast, Turkey engagment is multi-faced; designed not to exploit and make the country its dependent neocolony; its goal is helping in building and improving state instutions; army, police, medical, education, economy... so they can stand on its own feat. This is the same reason why is there more and more bullshit about Turkish role in Africa, they are afraid of Turkeys alternative aproach, not based on keeping them kneeling, and rip for explotation... I talked more about this in Turkish Geopolitics theread,

But only way in achiving this is by working together, forming sterong multinational instutiuons and economics and defence link. Thats the reason why the West supported cuops in ALgeria, Egypt, changing its tune on Erdogan and Turkey trying to vilify it, start calling him Sultan, and why they refused to help Turkey topple Assad.... They want those countries to stay divided, at throat at each other, using useful idiots of Saudis and Emirates. Cause they are well aware if it heppens, they Last Crusade is come to the deafet.

As for HTS. HTS link with AQ was severed 3 year ago, they ara indeed a diferent player, ideologicly, too. They are indeed consevative in their politics, and nationalistic. They never targeted civilian tagets, only military, never staged attack outside of Syria on any other country. Tukeys problem with them is, Turkey wants them to moderate their stance fruther so that they can be incoporated in Turkish backed National Army and be part of joint political opposition spectre. Turkey had some succses in that regard: Terrorist desiignation was strategic, I believe had two reasons; to undermine the bullshit narratuive about turkish support fot terrorist; apease US, and put additional pressure to HTS to conform to wider Syrian opposition. So, Turkish designation of HTS is more of a political play, then anythign else. Btw, HTS, by statistic is responsible for minority of civilian caulsties along FSA.
Now, one may tthink Im somekind of HTS simpatizier, Im not. But.. we need to have nuanced debate and aproach to these things. Only faction with links with AW, is Hural al Din, 200 figters with broke from HTS after they denunced Al Qaida..In fact, HTS made multiple arrest campaigns against some of their leaders. Huras al Din, considers HTS, and regulary call them, turkish puppets.the irony.

Well put piece of mind.
And yes... Nuance is what most people lack...
Emotion is their motto... as if their life depends on it...

One thing to had on why AKP/MB critics is touching TR is it's ''image affiliation'' to other MB parties THAT in other countries are NOT legitimate powers or holders of power.

When shit hits the fan i NE Syria like it udoubtly will, Bret McGurk will be the most to blame. The set up in that region which he crated was unstustainble, magic thinking, every analyst with the knowledge of the region and its actors knew and warn him about it.

Masquerading the YPG Will Not Improve Turkey-US Relations

https://thenewturkey.org/masquerading-the-ypg-will-not-improve-turkey-us-relations

------------

On Idlib/Hama front;

more of the same, rebels keep waging raids with devestating affects on the manpower of the regimes most capable offensive units. Lastest such raid today was in Kafr Houd, overrun completly. Latakia more of the same. For God sake, who will find the balls in regimes latakia units to shoot their commander in the face already.
Regime and Russia keeps bombing nonmilitary targets; urban areas, of towns and villages miles from the frontline.

Last edited:

Barbarians. NO, being neutral in this conflict means being complicit. And to support the side which does these things systematicly as a metter of tactic is beyond any redemption. You cant call youself a human, your soul is missing.

interesting that Semerkand is taking part on this front too. They are, as far as I know, Turkmen dominated unit from North Alepppo. Which shows that their is no ethnic devide between antiAsad Syrian sunni Turkmen and Syrian sunni Arabs. All units who came from ES areas came voloterily, thats also important to emphasize. They fight for each other, and dont divide themself like that. In Latakia, almost all units are mixed...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom