What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

question: what happened to six type 214 subs which turkey intended to buy in 2009? any progress on that?

-They are going to produced here as a Turkish variant(carrying many home made subsystems)
-Construction of first one started last month
-Number increased from six to eight on last SSM meeting
-Expected contruction time for a sub is 2 years
-Two subs will be constructed simultaneously

The TF-2000 design has simliarity with our frigate. But looks nice. When will first prototyp develop?

I thought we were gonna use ÇAFRAD. The one in picture seemed more like a S1850M of BAe or SMART-L of Thales to me. @Penguin any ideas?
cafradmulti-fnctionradar.jpg

Aselsan signed deal for TF-2000 CAFRAD Phase-I

Don't see how you can confuse that with SMART-L or S1850M

S-1850M
S1850M_radar.JPG

SMART-L
smart-l.jpg

Or did you mean SAMPSON
425783_2812297220815_1060315192_32380086_1993620930_n.jpg

And APAR
220px-APARHessen.jpg

@Penguin lolz man no. how could i possibly do that :lol:. I meant the ones at the design which was posted by cabatli, here:

Most likely TF-2000 AAW designs with different lengths.

ScreenShot042.jpg

-They are going to produced here as a Turkish variant(carrying many home made subsystems)
-Construction of first one started last month
-Number increased from six to eight on last SSM meeting
-Expected contruction time for a sub is 2 years
-Two subs will be constructed simultaneously

Progress on the U214TN construction

High quality steelplates
tvm2c.jpg

WEB-FLENC setup (to connect different modules)
tvlyy.jpg

Welding station:
tvlyw.jpg

Project Schedule
tvlyp.jpg

U-209 constructed by Turkish shipyard

tvm6z.jpg

=)U-214TN will be heavier and longer than U-214 submarines Germany constructed for Greece.

Aselsan
-The devices and electronical equipments
-Radar electronic systems will be Aselsani ones (Ares-2NS)
-Submarine information delivery system will be developed by Aselsan
-X band satellites communication systems and all another communication units will be developed by Aselsan...

--Netas
-Warfare keying systems will be developed by Netas

--Havelsan
-Silulators, educations, Tests, Assessments of performance, Management information of command-control systems of U-214TN's will belong to Havelsan until all active lifes of submarines...
-Land based test center-institue construction to test new variants of command-comtrol system to integrate future Turkish weapons will be applied by Havelsan
-Algoritma developments, threat banks and all another things about software are belong to Havelsan...
-New sensor-systems integration missions, underwater tactic simulator development will belong to Havelsan

--STM
-Design of U-214 TN
-Engineering and system integrations
-18000 different system integration
-Composite materials production
-Submarine blocks production
-Shipyard and battery institues and developments
-Logistic support

--Tubitak Mam
-Underwater telephones
-Battery watch systems and centeral air consantration watch systems

--Ayesas
-Multi function consols design, development, electronic cards, cabinets, electromagnetic assembly, weapon consols, weapon control units development and tests...
-The consols developed for U-214TN will be exported to 3th countries....

--Milsoft
-6 item multi link system
-1 item multi link land based test institue-integration
-Link-11 and Link-22 data transportations

--Koc Bilgi
-Indigenous diver detection system
-Torpedo jamming anddefence systems
-Fat/Hat/Sat phrases
-Indigenous detection, classification and Localisation systems
-Static and Movement effectors

Roketsan-Tubitak-Aselsan
-Heavy Weight Torpedos called AKYA

Roketsan/STM- Integration of IDAS (German project but Roketsan is a riskshare design/development partner) Precision atack missiles on submarines to be launched by torpedo tubes...

It didn't disclose financial details, but quoted Turkish Defense Minister Vecdi Gonul as saying that Turkish industrial participation in the project would be worth around 80 percent of the total value of the deal.

The HDW will preassemble structural and mechanical parts of the submarines, or classified elements such as the fuel cells and propulsion systems, in Germany and then ship them to Turkey, according to the report.

All electronic and weapon systems, including sensor, communications, and data processing systems, will be designed and produced by the Turkish side.
Turkey, Germany to sign submarine deal _English_Xinhua

Last edited:
nope but after the type U_214TN project, we will i'm guessing. %81 of the subs will be Turkish products. After that i think, they'll make one.

Turkey has experience with the Uboats, Pakistan has experience with the Scorpene class. It would make more sense, somewhere down the road to have a joint venture to develop a diesel electric or even a nuclear powered sub as Pakistan is currently busy developing N-Propulsion.

Turkey has experience with the Uboats, Pakistan has experience with the Scorpene class. It would make more sense, somewhere down the road to have a joint venture to develop a diesel electric or even a nuclear powered sub as Pakistan is currently busy developing N-Propulsion.

a pretty clever idea. As you have nuclear capability. We could have make a jv for a nuclear powered attack submarine

a pretty clever idea. As you have nuclear capability. We could have make a jv for a nuclear powered attack submarine

Come'on homie, we also 'very soon' are going to have the sub launched cruise missile capability.:D

Come'on homie, we also 'very soon' are going to have the sub launched cruise missile capability.:D

that'd make a Turkish-Pakistani made SSBN...:yahoo:. We don't want missile co-operation only at SOM, but also nuclearr...:devil:

that'd make a Turkish-Pakistani made SSBN...:yahoo:. We don't want missile co-operation only at SOM, but also nuclearr...:devil:

Turkey has a clean chit since it helped our program a lot. I would like to see very close cooperation in maritime engineering between Pakistan and Turkey, be it military naval engineering, civil or scientific.

Pakistan is very much interested in developing a nuclear powered submarine, i hope that Turkey joins in. Once we have perfected the nuclear propulsion, than we can utilize it to power bigger vessels like Nuclear powered Ballistic Missile Submarines or Air Craft Carriers if needed.....

Back
Top Bottom