What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Hull Form Optimization and Model Testing of the I Class Frigate. (2015)
qJRAVR.png

Last edited:
Hull Form Optimization and Model Testing of the I Class Frigate. (2015)
qJRAVR.png

Do you have a twitter account or considering about to have one on Turkish defence? Many twitter page owners crawling for what you have.

Last edited:
@Combat-Master You got attention!
I know Combat-Master from militaryphotos net which does not exist anymore. He is always a great source of information (and photos). Cabatli-53 too.

The question is if the test took place in Turkey or Netherlands or France... Orko says in Turkey but Navy recognition perhaps in France.

I know Combat-Master from militaryphotos net which does not exist anymore. He is always a great source of information (and photos). Cabatli-53 too.

The question is if the test took place in Turkey or Netherlands or France... Orko says in Turkey but Navy recognition perhaps in France.

İtü nün 140 metrelik deneysel havuzları var, Türkiyede bu alt yapı varken yurt dışına Askeri gizlilik gerektiren projede gidilmez.

unfortunately meltem III project first plane will be avaliable at 2019 according to turkish navy web site

Hi D-Mitch, good to see you around. Your blog has really grown with excellent articles and info-graphics.

On to I-Class. @orko_8 is correct, these tests were performed in Turkey. Optimisation of the hull form and appendages, manoeuvring and sea keeping analysis, tank testing and hull fairing as per performance criteria specified by the Navy.

İtü nün 140 metrelik deneysel havuzları var, Türkiyede bu alt yapı varken yurt dışına Askeri gizlilik gerektiren projede gidilmez.

No way it was held in France or Netherland, it could have been Germany but I can say for sure it is towing tank in Istanbul Technical University.

Edit:
Its not the towing tank but probably circulation tunnel still in the same lab. I will be able to verify it today.

Edit2:
I need to change my glasses it seems, its the towing tank (sure about this) in turkey. I thought the model was held between sticks in a tunnel but it was just a reflection.

Hi D-Mitch, good to see you around. Your blog has really grown with excellent articles and info-graphics.

On to I-Class. @orko_8 is correct, these tests were performed in Turkey. Optimisation of the hull form and appendages, manoeuvring and sea keeping analysis, tank testing and hull fairing as per performance criteria specified by the Navy.
Maneuvering tests may not be done in turkey in a model scale but its conducted in a full scale. Seakeeping is partially can be done in Turkey.

There is a current development project to make maneuvering tests avaliable in current towing tank or in a newly built one.

Beside that we are still not able to conduct enough experiments regard to acoustics and propeller hydrodynamics, the currently done tests are rather weak but in a few years we will be able to conduct any tests regarding to this fields . The facility will be avaliable soon (you will hear it on the news I am sure ).

Hull optimization and appendages are done thanks to experienced seniors who used to be in milgem project sice first, somehow combining their instincts and experience relieves us on the lack of facilities.

@isoo

What do you know about the tests ? Do we have sufficient facilities in Turkey ?

Comparing to the world , to whom we are challenging no we are not. But we will fullfill the missing parts in a few years. Those projects are completed and going for construction phase. I have mentioned the lacking facilities in previous post.

Do you have a link?

Welcome to the forum.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom