What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

bu bizim tcg anadolu ...

D2W9a6aXQAIMd3c.jpg

Ten years four corvette ,if we would make plus two frigate thats o.k

if thats fast what is slow?
Bro it is not about production. As you know Koc firm got the tender for three ship but Gezi stuff happened and Koc tried to eliminate Erdoğan. Then because of that tender cancelled and they also couldn’t give it to another firm because of laws and state produced them at its own shipyard. We could produce much more Milgem in that time. Like lst and Lhd ships

No ada-class corvettes anymore. Our milgem program evolved to i-class frigate . R&D offices are trying to catch the program and to get ready to frigate construction cender.
there is an presidential order that, TAF will never buy any "ready platform" anymore.. so there is no choice, we will wait untill Turkish atmaca, akya, ciws, may be air defence missiles , radars, sonars, ew suits, naval steels, be operatiomal and ready to load on ships.

And off course when buying power units, we must negotiate at least %70/80 domestic production.

Or we will wait untill national turbofan jet engine (and its naval version ) and national naval diesel engines be ready..

it is ok and fine by me..

But how are our +40 year old guided missile platforms will stand? Without reducing the number of the ships. I dont know..???

6 BURAKs (all +40 year old)
8 OHPs (all near 40 year old)
4 MEKO-1 ( all +30 year old. Note: when they were builded ,german ships' life expactances were about 35 )
10 FABs ( they are beetween 35/45)
6 AY SUBs ( 2 have gone, 2 are +40, 2 are +35)

(34 guieded missile ships&subs have gone, should have gone or will be gone in next 10 years)

Coming we know ; 6 REISs, 1 I-Class (total 7)

After 10 years later from now, we will able to use just;

4 meko-2, 1 i-class, 4 ada, 9 kılıç fab, 4 gür , 4 preveze, 6 reis (total: 32 ships&subs).. we will will loose and reduce 27 ships..

Nothing else.. there iz no more new ship sign..

What we have can stand next 5 years , but..insallah there will be no war after next 5 years.

Has steel been cut for second Istanbul class?

Steel for first was cut Jan 2017

Keel LHD was laid in Feb 2018

And by the looks of it LHD is close to ready for launch

Istanbul class is like 5 smaller and started 1 year before and still waiting

After 10 years later from now, we will able to use just;

4 meko-2, 1 i-class, 4 ada, 9 kılıç fab, 4 gür , 4 preveze, 6 reis (total: 32 ships&subs).. we will will loose and reduce 27 ships..

Nothing else.. there iz no more new ship sign..

What we have can stand next 5 years , but..insallah there will be no war after next 5 years.

Turkey’s naval strategy is premised on presumptions from an era when its navy held relative supremacy in quantitative and qualitative terms in the Aegean Sea and the Eastern Mediterranean

-- 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes ( 21 x RAM and 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 ISTIF class stealth Frigates ( 64 x ESSM SAMs and 16 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 MEKO-200 track-II Frigates ( 32-64 x ESSM SAMs and 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 GABYA class Frigates ( 36 x SM-1 and 32x ESSM SAMs , 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 TF-2000 Destroyers ( HISAR and SIPER SAMs , 16 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles , GEZGIN cruise missiles )
-- 8 Type 209 class Submarines ( DM2A4 and TIGERFISH heavy torpedos , HARPOON missiles )
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines ( AKYA heavy torpedos and ATMACA missiles )
-- 10 new type FACs ( 21 x RAM and 8 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles )
-- 9 KILIC class FACs ( 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )

-- 2 LHD based on Spain’s Juan Carlos class amphibious assault ships and planned to host F-35Bs Fighter Jets )

New Weapons

-- 10 new type FACs
-- 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes between 2011 and 2019
-- 4 ISTIF class stealth Frigates between 2021 and 2024 or 2023 and 2026
-- 4 TF-2000 class Destroyers between 2024 and 2029
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines between 2022 and 2026
-- 2 LHD between 2021 and 2026
-- 4 BAYRAKTAR class LST between 2018 and 2024

also there are TF-100 (TF-4500 ) class Frigate and MILDEN class AIP Submarine projects

Last edited:
Has steel been cut for second Istanbul class?

Steel for first was cut Jan 2017

Keel LHD was laid in Feb 2018

And by the looks of it LHD is close to ready for launch

Istanbul class is like 5 smaller and started 1 year before and still waiting
Probably it is waiting for CAFRAD.

Actually it will be huge if I class will use cafrad.. they never mentioned it..
You are right but it is also said that the scaled version of it will be used at ‘other’ platforms and it is clear that the production of first I class stopped long time ago. It is not about money or construction. This is my guess and the revision of the project won’t be a surprise for me

You are right but it is also said that the scaled version of it will be used at ‘other’ platforms and it is clear that the production of first I class stopped long time ago. It is not about money or construction. This is my guess and the revision of the project won’t be a surprise for me
Actually it worth to put it on them as TF2000 might take longer time because of the budget..

Turkey’s naval strategy is premised on presumptions from an era when its navy held relative supremacy in quantitative and qualitative terms in the Aegean Sea and the Eastern Mediterranean

-- 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes ( 21 x RAM and 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 ISTIF class stealth Frigates ( 64 x ESSM SAMs and 16 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 MEKO-200 track-II Frigates ( 32-64 x ESSM SAMs and 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 GABYA class Frigates ( 36 x SM-1 and 32x ESSM SAMs , 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )
-- 4 TF-2000 Destroyers ( HISAR and SIPER SAMs , 16 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles , GEZGIN cruise missiles )
-- 8 Type 209 class Submarines ( DM2A4 and TIGERFISH heavy torpedos , HARPOON missiles )
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines ( AKYA heavy torpedos and ATMACA missiles )
-- 10 new type FACs ( 21 x RAM and 8 x ATMACA Anti ship missiles )
-- 9 KILIC class FACs ( 8 x HARPOON Anti ship missiles )

-- 2 LHD based on Spain’s Juan Carlos class amphibious assault ships and planned to host F-35Bs Fighter Jets )

New Weapons

-- 10 new type FACs
-- 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes between 2011 and 2019
-- 4 ISTIF class stealth Frigates between 2021 and 2024 or 2023 and 2026
-- 4 TF-2000 class Destroyers between 2024 and 2029
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines between 2022 and 2026
-- 2 LHD between 2021 and 2026
-- 4 BAYRAKTAR class LST between 2018 and 2024

also there are TF-100 (TF-4500 ) class Frigate and MILDEN class AIP Submarine projects

14 unit of 2x2, 6 unit of 5x2, 4 units of 4x2 = total 148 ready to launch VLS tubes on this thing. Should our navy revision ships designed for future? Short answer is "yes".

Back
Top Bottom