What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Long range sam and atmaca amounts depend on duty.

i guess, they will generally carry 8 ssm + 24 long range sam.. there will be i-classes with them (with their 16 atmacas)..

It is because that; navy wants 4 general purpose frigates ( tf100/tf4500 or destroyer version of tf-2000).

At the end of the day in Turkish Navy's blue sea fleet will have "2 lhd+4 tf-2000+4 td-X"

Türkçesi ;
Açık deniz FİLOSU;

1.filotilla ; 1 lhd+2 tf2000+2 td-x,
2.filotilla ; 1 lhd+2 tf2000+2 td-x,

Filo/filotilla farklı..

Test and Training Ship based on MILGEM
guzel.jpg

Test and Training Ship based on MILGEM
View attachment 524876

Turkish Associated International Shipyards (TAIS) is building the Test and Training Vessel (TVEG) for Turkish Naval Forces Command (TNFC). The vessel has a similar hull and superstructure design to the ADA-class corvettes, but features a different main propulsion system – a CODAD-type system with two MTU 20V4000M93L diesels (also selected for the I-class frigates) as opposed to the CODAG LM2500 gas turbine and two MTU 16V595TE90 diesels fitted to the ADA vessels.

MTU has delivered the diesels for the TVEG build but as of early November they have not been integrated. However, Isbir has completed delivery of the four 750kW generators, which have been installed, within an acoustic capsule.

MONCh understands that TVEG, which was originally scheduled to be launched in late November or early December, will feature a substantially different sensor and electronic equipment layout from the ADA-class corvettes.

Although the helicopter hangar (to accommodate a single S-70B SEAHAWK) has been retained, this is expected to be modified to accommodate unspecified electronic equipment and an undisclosed number of operator consoles. It is understood that TNFC intends to use the vessel for the test of electronic systems, but its possible use as a SIGINT/ELINT vessel is also a very strong possibility.

https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/maritime-channel/4597-tais.html

Turkish Associated International Shipyards (TAIS) is building the Test and Training Vessel (TVEG) for Turkish Naval Forces Command (TNFC). The vessel has a similar hull and superstructure design to the ADA-class corvettes, but features a different main propulsion system – a CODAD-type system with two MTU 20V4000M93L diesels (also selected for the I-class frigates) as opposed to the CODAG LM2500 gas turbine and two MTU 16V595TE90 diesels fitted to the ADA vessels.

MTU has delivered the diesels for the TVEG build but as of early November they have not been integrated. However, Isbir has completed delivery of the four 750kW generators, which have been installed, within an acoustic capsule.

MONCh understands that TVEG, which was originally scheduled to be launched in late November or early December, will feature a substantially different sensor and electronic equipment layout from the ADA-class corvettes.

Although the helicopter hangar (to accommodate a single S-70B SEAHAWK) has been retained, this is expected to be modified to accommodate unspecified electronic equipment and an undisclosed number of operator consoles. It is understood that TNFC intends to use the vessel for the test of electronic systems, but its possible use as a SIGINT/ELINT vessel is also a very strong possibility.

https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/maritime-channel/4597-tais.html
Maybe this can explain some things...

Turkish Navy has 4 modernized BARBAROS ( MEKO 200 Track II ) class Frigates

250 km SMART-S MK2 3D Radar ( I class Frigate will use same Radar )
64 x ESSM Air Defense Missiles ( I class Frigate will have same 16cells VLS for 64 x ESSM Air Defense Missiles )...

Note that only Salih Reis subclass has 64-cell VLS. The Barbaros subclass is equipped with a 32-cell VLS and one STIR less.

Note that only Salih Reis subclass has 64-cell VLS. The Barbaros subclass is equipped with a 32-cell VLS and one STIR less.

As you know the ESSM is loaded in a quad pack with 4 missiles in one Mk canister
then Salih Reis and Kemal Reis have 16 cells VLS for 64 ESSM
Oruc Reis and Barbaros Reis have 8 cells VLS for 32 ESSM

As you know the ESSM is loaded in a quad pack with 4 missiles in one Mk canister

It was 16 cell sea sparrow missile and not it is 8 cell essm missile.

It was 16 cell sea sparrow missile and not it is 8 cell essm missile.

Salih Reis and Kemal Reis have 16 cells VLS for 64 ESSM

and Barbaros and Oruçreis received the new vertical launchers during their overhauls in between 2014 and 2016

8 or 16 ... Barbaros and Oruçreis have VLS

Last edited:
Yes, I know that well. A canister is actually transformed to a 4-cell launcher. I just wanted to point out that not all the Barbaros class frigates (can) carry 64 SAM. The correct is 8-cell VLS for 32 ESSM for the fist subclass, and two 8-cell modules for 64 ESSM for the second subclass.

Attachments

• quadpack.jpg
    quadpack.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 76
Yes, I know that well. A canister is actually transformed to a 4-cell launcher. I just wanted to point out that not all the Barbaros class frigates (can) carry 64 SAM. The correct is 8-cell VLS for 32 ESSM for the fist subclass, and two 8-cell modules for 64 ESSM for the second subclass.

Yes You are right
8-cell VLS for 32 ESSM for the fist subclass, and two 8-cell modules for 64 ESSM for the second subclass

TCG ORUCREIS F245

TCG KEMALREIS F247

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom