What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Sanat eseri resmen !

Work of Art !

Indeed... Such a craftsmanship.

In fact, the guy produces these models is one of my classmates. Since his active duty times in the Navy, talented to make paintings and such handicrafts. All the details outside the big parts, like ship hull etc., are handmade. He also offers modeling courses in KOMEK (Kocaeli Municipality Vocational Training Courses). He took the talented people he met with on the courses and opened a workshop where he produced such handicrafts and earned his life in this way. He supervizes the others while actively working as well.

Last edited:
I think it's good, and if he can make a living out of it. Then that's great, however I think it's equally important that he keeps his fingers in the game and not supervize since talent needs to be polished if it is meant to be any good.

You can find plenty of talents like this in Japan.

I think it's good, and if he can make a living out of it. Then that's great, however I think it's equally important that he keeps his fingers in the game and not supervize since talent needs to be polished if it is meant to be any good.

You can find plenty of talents like this in Japan.

No worries....
The results can be seen from the workmanship. :)

Turkish Navy Cezayirli Gazi Hasan Paşa class TCG Sokullu Mehmet Paşa A577 carrying Aselsan Korkut-D .

She'll be used as a OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation) platform for the Korkut-D system. If it's qualified (that is a prerequisite by the Turkish Navy), the system will be deployed fleet wide (hopefully).

Potential candidates; Meko 200TN BatchII ships via MLU (since TN already decided to deploy nearly 25 pieces of MAR-D, search radar for Korkut-D, in replacement of older AWS-6 Dolphins and LW-08 radars on board Meko Frigates (Yildiz Class FACMs counts) and Kilic Class FACMs respectively) and future new shipbuilding projects.

Well, combat/field testing these products would be best option. which means Turkey needs to participate in more NATO or other excersizes.

Another option would be to give this as a present to some country who need this, and agree to give information of how it works. I imagine the sea region near Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia would be interesting (China's claim to southern seas).

Philippines would most likely be grateful for this.

Well, combat/field testing these products would be best option. which means Turkey needs to participate in more NATO or other excersizes.

There is no such a combat testing but, field testing. You can't simply deploy a Weapon System into real situ. for testing, especially a naval system. Naval systems require challenging testing for qualification. Still, i'm not sure what is your meaning for field testing, can be static/stationary? and no need to conduct NATO exercise or any other exercises for testing. Testing has nothing to do with exercise. It has it's own discipline, procedures, evaluations etc.

When you put a system under the Operational Test, it's a near real situation envorinment but still, not combat sit. If the system qualifies, can go to battle field, and can be battle proven or not depending its performance. And it's battle performance would be very closely related to how you handled the issues found, if any, during the Op.Tests.

Another option would be to give this as a present to some country who need this, and agree to give information of how it works. I imagine the sea region near Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia would be interesting (China's claim to southern seas).

Philippines would most likely be grateful for this.

I find this part irrelevant...

TCG Köyceğiz (P1202)
28575634_2062629697284231_3481684434064793006_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom