What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I see a RIM-116 RAM platform, 2x 8-cell Mk.41 VLS and 2x 8-pack Harpoons. I believe it's the model of TF-100 multirole frigate. They'll replace MEKOs and the aging Gabya-class (OHP) frigates ;)

vlcsnap-2014-02-10-17yzsft.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-02-10-18kpsht.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-02-10-18rxs3m.jpg

Nice to see those pictures :) , but are those 2x 8 of SSM seriously needed?
Also supperstructure front wall's and bridge section seems to be changed i guess not worried too much about RCS .
And i still hope the sonar will be changed to a bow mounted sonar :D it looks more cool in that way .

I see a RIM-116 RAM platform, 2x 8-cell Mk.41 VLS and 2x 8-pack Harpoons. I believe it's the model of TF-100 multirole frigate. They'll replace MEKOs and the aging Gabya-class (OHP) frigates ;)

Oh MEKO class are still new :D , and OHPs just gone under a modernization but i would prefer those OHP to be out of service, so we wont be dependent on USA for their docking and repairs
But as i know TF 100 will be built as 4 ships , after 8 Ada class.
Still looks nice and extended frigate version of corvette (with VLS and double of SSM)

Last edited:
Those 2x8 cells may not be just SSMs.. I guess 8 of them are som-naval, 8 of them are SSMs ( atmaca ). And also 2x3= 6 Akya torpedos..

Those 2x8 cells may not be just SSMs.. I guess 8 of them are som-naval, 8 of them are SSMs ( atmaca ). And also 2x3= 6 Akya torpedos..

Whats purpose of a SOM on a frigate ? For land attack ? That would be cool but , i still hope TF 100 will replace old OHPs .

Oh MEKO class are still new :D , and OHPs just gone under a modernization but i would prefer those OHP to be out of service, so we wont be dependent on USA for their docking and repairs
But as i know TF 100 will be built as 4 ships , after 8 Ada class.
Still looks nice and extended frigate version of corvette (with VLS and double of SSM)

Yeap. But in terms of mobility, reliability and combat effectiveness, OHP are way better believe me;)

They'll probably be for Atmaca anti-ship missile. Naval variant of SOM will be launched from vertical launch systems. Quad pack type launchers are generally for anti-ship missiles to give them an angled position to hit moving surface targets effectively.

Whats purpose of a SOM on a frigate ? For land attack ? That would be cool but , i still hope TF 100 will replace old OHPs .

We need a land attack cruise missile for the Navy. We've seen it's needs at Syrian civil war. Being a frontline NATO member, living in a "cooked" requires the need of land attack cruise missiles for future operations. We wanted to generate a naval variant for SOM instead of begging Tomahawks from Uncle Sam. Also TF-100 will have a displacement around 3500-4000 tonnes. And it'll have ESSM at VLS canisters. It will not be a safe platform enough to have land attack missiles on it. It's a multipurpose frigate. So it won't have them. The current modernisation program is, TF-100 will replace MEKOs. Otherwise we won't have any AAW assets at sea until 2018. OHP will be replaced by TF-2000 only :).

Yeap. But in terms of mobility, reliability and combat effectiveness, OHP are way better believe me;)

They'll probably be for Atmaca anti-ship missile. Naval variant of SOM will be launched from vertical launch systems. Quad pack type launchers are generally for anti-ship missiles to give them an angled position to hit moving surface targets effectively.

We need a land attack cruise missile for the Navy. We've seen it's needs at Syrian civil war. Being a frontline NATO member, living in a "cooked" requires the need of land attack cruise missiles for future operations. We wanted to generate a naval variant for SOM instead of begging Tomahawks from Uncle Sam. Also TF-100 will have a displacement around 3500-4000 tonnes. And it'll have ESSM at VLS canisters. It will not be a safe platform enough to have land attack missiles on it. It's a multipurpose frigate. So it won't have them. The current modernisation program is, TF-100 will replace MEKOs. Otherwise we won't have any AAW assets at sea until 2018. OHP will be replaced by TF-2000 only :).

Those MEKOs will be wasted if replaced with TF 100, they are too young, if i am not mistaken not more than 25 years for 1st bunch.
isnt it too early to replace a ship ?.

And i missed the point OHP got AAW capability , thats why i thought they might be replaced.:)
16 SSM just seemed many, also the point i am confused can SOM be fired from that kind launcher instead of VL ?
There is no doubt we need land attack ability probably we will see after TF2000 i guess .

For All those to be real, Tender for rest of milgem should be done :D

And for reliability of OHPs :) i doubt about this matter seriously, too old ships and since they are ex USN ships too.
But for mobility and combat effectiveness, i do agree.

Those MEKOs will be wasted if replaced with TF 100, they are too young, if i am not mistaken not more than 25 years for 1st bunch.
isnt it too early to replace a ship ?.

And i missed the point OHP got AAW capability , thats why i thought they might be replaced.:)
16 SSM just seemed many, also the point i am confused can SOM be fired from that kind launcher instead of VL ?
There is no doubt we need land attack ability probably we will see after TF2000 i guess .

For All those to be real, Tender for rest of milgem should be done :D

Yeap. But 25 years is near to the end of the line ;). An average lifetime of a surface combatant is around 30 years for NATO standards. In fact, 35 years for a vessel like OHP, it can be considered as "not old, kinda mature" when thinking the GENESIS Advent program. Thinking of SMART-S Mk.2, additional 8-cell Mk.41 VLS near to Mk.29 launching platform. It stores 32x SM-1MR, 32x ESSM and 8x Harpoon. Mk92 upgraded fire control radar, new long range sonar, storing 2x Seahawks with ASIST landing&taxi system. Despite their age, suprisingly they're even more reliable than our MEKOs. Ships like Gabya/Canberra class OHPs (Turkish/Austrialian) are heavily upgraded. When considering other worldwide Perrys. And we use them primarily as AAW frigates. Those all make them more reliable. I have nothing with MEKOs :D. But we bought them for Aegean Sea. They are brown-water combatants. Basic multi role frigates. They're actually old when we compare them with our perrys :).

Yeap. But 25 years is near to the end of the line ;). An average lifetime of a surface combatant is around 30 years for NATO standards. In fact, 35 years for a vessel like OHP, it can be considered as "not old, kinda mature" when thinking the GENESIS Advent program. Thinking of SMART-S Mk.2, additional 8-cell Mk.41 VLS near to Mk.29 launching platform. It stores 32x SM-1MR, 32x ESSM and 8x Harpoon. Mk92 upgraded fire control radar, new long range sonar, storing 2x Seahawks with ASIST landing&taxi system. Despite their age, suprisingly they're even more reliable than our MEKOs. Ships like Gabya/Canberra class OHPs (Turkish/Austrialian) are heavily upgraded. When considering other worldwide Perrys. And we use them primarily as AAW frigates. Those all make them more reliable. I have nothing with MEKOs :D. But we bought them for Aegean Sea. They are brown-water combatants. Basic multi role frigates. They're actually old when we compare them with our perrys :).

Since we have no option than OHP currently , nothing to be said about them ,but as i read about their performance and upgrades done by our engineers calmed my concerns :)
Lets wait and see what TF2000 brings
About MEKOS, any possibility we may transfer them to another country ( i know this is not possible but still asking :D )? Or just will be scrapped as many ships faces with?

Since we have no option than OHP currently , nothing to be said about them ,but as i read about their performance and upgrades done by our engineers calmed my concerns :)
Lets wait and see what TF2000 brings
About MEKOS, any possibility we may transfer them to another country ( i know this is not possible but still asking :D )? Or just will be scrapped as many ships faces with?

lol. Our shipbuilding industry is well known at scrapping ships (Ex: The British AC used at Falklands War was sold to Turkey, and we scrapped it.). But I believe there's a very high chance that we might transfer them to friendly nations especially Pakistan and Bangladesh, only if they get retired before 2020. Btw welcome to forum mate. Pls introduce yourself at Members Introducition ;)

i know about we are good at scrapping ships but its a bit dirty side of shipyards, really pollutes water and land too much due to asbestos :) specially old kind AC and naval vessels has high risk of Asbest poisoning for both employeers in there. but i mean,it would be sad to scrap new looking MEKOs :D
For jet fighters or land application,that makes an issue about transferring (needs approval of each tech provider even manufactured in turkey )
But we ever transferred assault boats to georgia (too old vessels probably built in camialti shipyard based on german design)

Transfer of ships may require approval of each Tech provider for that ship (engine ,radars , etc )

Anyway thanks, i have been reading here sometimes for last 2 years but just got free time to sign up and write something. I am going to write in that thread as soon as i am available.

Possible Design Of TF-100
LENGTH: 110.50 M

BEAM: 14.40 M
DRAFT: 3.95 M
Displacement: 2850t

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111425PM_zpse7490e25.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111522PM_zps3f42d51e.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111551PM_zps4114178f.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104603PM_zps51a266cd.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104738PM_zpse6215dc5.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104806PM_zpsa92996cc.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104818PM_zpsd5083fa6.png

Thanks for the good info and a look at some of the weapon systems. After all its ozi2000 so I couldn't expect much less.

Possible Design Of TF-100

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111425PM_zpse7490e25.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111522PM_zps3f42d51e.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at111551PM_zps4114178f.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104603PM_zps51a266cd.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104738PM_zpse6215dc5.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104806PM_zpsa92996cc.png

ScreenShot2014-02-11at104818PM_zpsd5083fa6.png

Its as expected a 10 m extension probably will be applied on midbody , different from Ada class 2x 8 cells Mk41 VLS and 8x2 SSM is seen , rest of it same with Ada class
Will be there some differences on electronic equipments or maybe a towed array sonar will be included?

TF-2000 will be a 'game changer' along side the numerous other missiles like the ATMACA and so on. However we wont be seeing the TF-2000 for at least 5 years; hopefully not.

Back
Top Bottom