What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

It is planned that in the first half of 2030s MILGEM Blk3 / TF-100 frigates will enter service, they will replace the Barbaros class frigates.
I guess it will be way bigger and heavier than I-class, with new design (probably stealthy), more VLS and with a smaller version of CAFRAD.

STM once presented a concept "x-TF-4500", who knows maybe... :whistle:

C_fu_oUXUAA_KMs.jpg

Is the money not good for the private shipyards?
They can barely make profit on military projects, since they usually keep up with delivery time and cant track the schedule due to inexperience on building warships.

It is planned that in the first half of 2030s MILGEM Blk3 / TF-100 frigates will enter service, they will replace the Barbaros class frigates.
I guess it will be way bigger and heavier than I-class, with new design (probably stealthy), more VLS and with a smaller version of CAFRAD.

STM once presented a concept "x-TF-4500", who knows maybe... :whistle:

C_fu_oUXUAA_KMs.jpg
TF-4500 or whatever its called,is the worst candidate for TF-100. TF-2000 will be base design for it.

The TF-100 concept will likely be shaped on a 7-8k displacement ship. Simply, the idea of TF-100 represents the transition to blue-waters navy. Therefore, the number of production specified in the preliminary planning of the TF-2000 project; It reinforces the possibility that these two concepts are evaluated on a common platform within the scope of the navy's 2033 vision.

In other words, if we'll going to see a -4k displacement- multi-role frigate in the future, this will probably be second block production of I class frigates.

By transferring the capacity to the private shipyards, MILGEM frigates will be the platforms that our navy can obtain in multiple quantities and reduce the attrition of expensive ships.

To sum up:
7 heavy frigates (TF2000 and TF100 on common platform)
8 (or 12) frigates (Milgem I class + Barbaros class or/with New class based on I class)
4 light frigates/corvette (Ada class)
4 (now 6) pieces of heavily armed OPV corvettes (now Burak class, followed by a private shipyard platform)
8 or 9 + 6 high speed missile corvette (Kılıç class starting from 2nd ship + New type missile boat)

I believe that this is the 2035 target for the surface combatant group.

Last edited:
as i see Istif have more payload for SAM because using ESSM while the french one only carry just 16 aster missile.

In my opinion Istif nice and fit for air defense role in fleet

Ah yes and Istif has 16 atmaca so this ship is equals in air defence and anti ship role

They should use 32 for only essm, that means 128 airdefence missile, and other 32 different missiles like Gezgin land attack cruise missile or SOM launched from ships:-). That would a dangerous naval platform, a strong diplomatic message.
At least four destroyers are expected to have ABM capability. So ESSMs should only be considered as self-defense, but the definition of these ships' , includes much more.

They should use 32 for only essm, that means 128 airdefence missile, and other 32 different missiles like Gezgin land attack cruise missile or SOM launched from ships:-). That would a dangerous naval platform, a strong diplomatic message.

I would prefer for 64 cells VLS

-- 64 x HISAR or G-40 to intercept even 16 anti ship missiles
-- 32 x S-500 to intercept Aircrafts and Ballistic Missiles from 400-500 km away
-- 16 x GEZGIN to attack land targets from 800-1400 km away

also 16 x 220+km ATMACA Missiles with RF/IIR seeker for anti ship and land attack capabilities

total of 112+16 Missiles ... what a great fire power

ERDOGAN said that Turkey is ready to consider possible S-500 purchases in the future
so Turkey can buy naval version of S-500 next generation air defense missiles to be used on TF-2000s for Ballistic missile defense capability
77N6-N Missile to be capable of mid course intercepts against Ballistic missiles with a launch range of 3,500 km

Russian LEADER class Destroyers will be armed with S500 air defense missiles

FULL of Turkish Missiles on TF-2000s

-- SIPER air defense missile will have range of 90-120 km
-- HISAR naval version ( range of 40-50km )
-- TUBITAK-SAGE can develop 40km G-40 air defense missile based on GOKTUG BVR air to air missile to integrate to the TF-2000 class Destroyers with self defence and local area defence capability
-- GEZGIN naval cruise Missile is under development ( range of 800-1400 km )
-- ATMACA anti ship Missile has been developed

so 64 cells VLS

-- 64 x HISAR or G-40 to intercept even 16 anti ship missiles and local area defence capability
-- 32 x SIPER to intercept Fighter Jets for wide area defence capability
-- 16 x GEZGIN to attack land targets from 800-1400 km away

also 16 x 220+km ATMACA Missiles with RF/IIR seeker for anti ship and land attack capabilities

Last edited:
If i look at TF-2000's model i can see a lot of unused space.... destroyers smaller than it carry much more weapons.

D5WhawUWsAA7NwT

which destroyers?

With 64 VLS and 16 Atmaca launchers, it will be the most well armed ship in NATO outside of US Navy, and only few countries develop their own weapon systems for those cells, France is the only other NATO country utilizing cruise missiles on its ships.

which destroyers?

With 64 VLS and 16 Atmaca launchers, it will be the most well armed ship in NATO outside of US Navy, and only few countries develop their own weapon systems for those cells, France is the only other NATO country utilizing cruise missiles on its ships.

maybe He is talking about 161 meter Japanese KONGO class Destroyer with 90 cells VLS and 165 meters Japanese ATAGO class Destroyer with 96 cells VLS

also 166 meters S.Korean Sejong the Great class Destroyer with 128 cells VLS

-- 80 cells VLS for SM-2 air defense missiles
-- 48 cells VLS for Hynmoo-III land attack Cruise Missile and K-ASROC Red Shark anti submarine missiles

also 21x RAM and 30 mm Goalkeeper CIWS for self defense
6 x Blue Shark torpedoes
16 x SSM-700K anti ship missiles

166 meters S.Korean Sejong the Great class is thus one of the most heavily armed Warships in the world

166 meters Turkish TF-2000 class Destroyer with 64 cells VLS and 16x anti ship missiles will be the most heavily armed Destroyer in NATO after American Arleigh Burke class Destroyer with 96 cells VLS

btw as you say Turkey will be 3rd NATO country that will use its own land attack cruise missile after the US and France

also S.Korea , Japan , Australia , Spain uses American SPY-1D Radar and AEGIS Combat System on their Destroyers

on the other hand Turkey will use its own CAFRAD Radar and GENESIS Combat System on its own TF-2000 class Destroyer

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom