What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Cabatli do you have any updated pictures (2010) of our G-Class(OHP) and Meko IIA/B frigates. I am asking because i was wondering if the MK-41 update work has been completed on these ships.

Nov 20/08: Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems and Sensors (MS2) received a $6.3 million modification to a previously awarded contract for design agent engineering services. They will support updated MK 41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) installation in the U.S. Navy’s CG-47 Ticonderoga Class guided missile cruiser modernization program, and the Turkish Navy’s MEKO Track IIA and IIB frigates.

Work will be performed in Baltimore, MD (84%) and Ventura, CA (16%), and is expected to be complete by May 2009 (N00024-04-C-5453). See also Lockheed Martin release.

April 4/08: The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency announces [PDF] Turkey’s formal request for 6 MK 41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Baseline VII tactical modules, and 2 sets of MK 41 VLS upgrade kits. They would be used to modernize 2 MEKO Track IIA frigates and 4 ex-FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigates, and to upgrade 2 MEKO Track IIB frigates’ MK-41 VLS from baseline IV to baseline VII configuration. Updates to the ships’ fire control system upgrades will add RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile capability. Services will include installation and testing, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics personnel services, equipment operation and maintenance, personnel training and training equipment, support and test equipment, spare and repair parts, publications and technical documentation, launch system software development and maintenance and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $227 million.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...ch-systems-delivered-supported-updated-02139/

According to latest issue of MSI magazine,

-Egypt Navy is buying 6 MRTP-20 Class boats with ASELSAN STAMP; and more will follow including MRTP-33 with anti-ship missiles.

-Malaysian Government finally signed contact for initial 10 MRTP-16s and 16 more will follow; some of the ships will be built in Malaysia.

Malaysian MRTP-16
tara0006.jpg

Malaysian MRTP-16 at trials in Turkey
mrtpstamp.jpg

Cabatli_53!

What is the news on the TF-100 frigate? I saw you posted on WAFF that it is an enlarged variant of MILGEM, but with additional weapon-systems (such as VL-SAM, APAR, etc). Any idea when development of TF-100 will be launched?

Cabatli_53!

What is the news on the TF-100 frigate? I saw you posted on WAFF that it is an enlarged variant of MILGEM, but with additional weapon-systems (such as VL-SAM, APAR, etc). Any idea when development of TF-100 will be launched?

Bro,

According to latest reports taken by S&H magazine, 8th ship will be the latest one that will be called like Milgem corvette. 9th Milgem will be more larger and longer version with VL-SAM and domestic APAR radar (I suppose) and called TF-100 frigate...

It is 2nd Milgem corvette are on production phase now a days. As far as I know, 3nd Milgem will be produced in a private shipyard to accelerate the production time. Instead of Milgem corvette, Istabul shipyard will start production of First TF-2000 destroyers...

First S&R vessel TCG Dost
1024dsc6229.jpg

Other 2 S&R vessel RMK Marine is constructing.

p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg

Last edited:
Recent LCT launched 7 more to be built total of 8. Project approved in 06 to self produce LCT and LST to modernize and enhance amphibious assault operations.

liveimagesfoto20haber36.jpg

lctadk1.jpg

Cabatli, are these official designs of TF-100?

I'm glad that I've found this forum. For quite a long time I felt despirited from reading about how Turkey was acquiring foreign defense equipment, and even though I knew Turkey was also producing some it self. The lack of visibility gives a wrong impression. (I know a little as my brother used to subscribe the Savunma ve Sanayi magazine back in the 90's)

I have dutifully read all posts in this thread and I have some questions I hope you can answer.

The Milgem and TF series (i am calling them series as there is more than one type) seems to be the main focus in the naval force, and like some of our dear forummers noted, Turkey seems to have quite a lot of projects ongoing. With the engineering force behind the projects it's understandable.

I know that Research & Developement is crucial in this particular industry, so how soon can we hope to offer these vessals to other countries ?

Would it be prudent to have a professional navy-guard company who offers protection to firms and their cargo vessals who're sailing the dangerous seas against pirates.

It would offer a chance to test the vessals in actual combat. I am thinking that the pirates probably have rocket launchers and the sort, what kind of equipment is there to counter such attacks.

I saw in discovery channel some military defense equipment developed by Israel to counter rocket launchers and the sort. An electronic search and destroy with a 360 degree capability. What technological capability does the ship have in that regard.

I hope it's okay to ask these questions, as I'm just curious. And a newbie to this.

IR laser anti-missile systems research continues, it is on the way. I think they will be in service about 2-4 years. Only problem is range i think, but not a big problem. Destroying a missile from 0,5-1 km is generally enough, even good for vehicle defence.(Naval, land or air vehicle defence)

I know that Research & Developement is crucial in this particular industry, so how soon can we hope to offer these vessals to other countries ?

A MoU has been signed with Pakistan to develop a Pakistani made corvette based on Milgem design.

At Current situation, First Milgem called TCG Heybeliada will start trials in this year, While second Milgem is bening constructed by Istanbul shipyard. 3th Milgem will be produced by a private shipyard (Dearsan, Adik or RMK) because Istabul shipyard needs enough space to start construction of first TF-2000 AAW Destroyer/Frigates. If Any delay do not occur the agenda, It is expected to launch first TF-2000 AAW into sea until 2018.

About TF-100, She will be bigger version of Milgem specializated for different missions (Attack on enemy naval surface assets with 360 degree protection capability) (Milgem is a submarine hunter corvette). At current, 2rd Milgem are on production phase. It means that 6 Milgem corvettes must have been produced to pass into production of first TF-100 frigate because Latest 4 Milgem corvette (Specialized) would be called like TF-100.

8 Milgem+4 Tf-100 = 12 Corvette+Frigate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom