What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

What happened to 2500km Turkish missile? Any concrete developments in Turkey's missile program?

We have been hearing lots of things without anything getting materialized

If it is ready nobody will publish it. Turkey is not North Korea.

Only remember that Roketsan will soon present own Satelitte Space Launch Vehicle.
Turkey is a peaceful nation and uses technology for wealth and science.
We are not bandid country, as many dictators and western countries are.

Last edited:
How soon do you think

Project started 2008, design was already official published 2017 incl. some details ( liquid propellant ).
Liquid propellant technology is very important, solid propellant rocket start can't be cancelled after ignition,
if there is a malfunction you have to leave the rocket burn out or destroy it in the air !
But you can control liquid propellant propulsion.
Turkey developed its own liquid propellant laboratory and test production. Turkey has gathered experience in missiles and rockets . Turkey has almost perfect hardware guidance and software technology companies.
The rest is material technology, including bearings, special metal/ceramic technology (shields) , pumps e.g.
I guess we will be surprised within the next 5 years. That's my personal optimistic opinion based on open sources.

On the other side, a country which can build BORA can build larger BM's with more range.
Same principle nothing else than more size.

What happened to 2500km Turkish missile? Any concrete developments in Turkey's missile program?

I asked the same question a year ago and the answer I got from cabatli_53 was pretty logical. A project about such a missile is of highest importance to the State so the info about the developments is secret. When the time comes (let's hope it's soon) you will hear.

I asked the same question a year ago and the answer I got from cabatli_53 was pretty logical. A project about such a missile is of highest importance to the State so the info about the developments is secret. When the time comes (let's hope it's soon) you will hear.
Looking forward to that day.

The last long range missile news that was published to the public was the Bora missile, with a range of 280km's. As you know, Turkey is one of the states that's signed the protocol with other states/nations agreeing not to develop a missile with a range more than 300km's. There's a name to this protocol, anyone who knows this can let us know... As a result, any missiles with ranges well above 2500km's or as such, will be kept in secrecy in the country with only a close circle in the army ranks being informed of such development.

As you know, Turkey is one of the states that's signed the protocol with other states/nations agreeing not to develop a missile with a range more than 300km's.

Are you sure? Could it be related to export restriction of missile having range more than 300 km? As far as I know there is no restriction for development of missiles with range more than 300 km

Are you sure? Could it be related to export restriction of missile having range more than 300 km? As far as I know there is no restriction for development of missiles with range more than 300 km

It's an export and supplier restriction. We can't sell a missile that has a 500kg warhead with a range of 300km. We also can't build a missile that has a 500kg warhead with a range of 300km - with foreign components, all traceable components have to be Turkish sourced.

Reason why Turbofan and Turbojet engines are being made for future variants of SOM, Atmaca and Gezgin, why emphasis on Turkish INS, GPS, TERCOM, DATA-LINK, PROCESSORS, ACTUATORS, MEMORY MODULES, IR SENSORS, CMOS SENSORS.. It's all a build up for strategic longer ranged missiles among other things ofcourse.. We may very well have long ranged ballistic missiles, but showing them would break MTCR.. so, we only have 280km missile kay :-) world

Last edited:
It's an export and supplier restriction. We can't sell a missile that has a 500kg warhead with a range of 300km. We also can't build a missile that has a 500kg warhead with a range of 300km - with foreign components, all traceable components have to be Turkish sourced.

Reason why Turbofan and Turbojet engines are being made for future variants of SOM, Atmaca and Gezgin, why emphasis on Turkish INS, GPS, TERCOM, DATA-LINK, PROCESSORS, ACTUATORS, MEMORY MODULES, IR SENSORS, CMOS SENSORS.. It's all a build up for strategic longer ranged missiles among other things ofcourse.. We may very well have long ranged ballistic missiles, but showing them would break MTCR.. so, we only have 280km missile kay :-) world

Thanks for the summary of information and putting things into context :)

Thank you very much brother. Summary for foreign members:
He confirms almost 1:1 what I wrote before in some sentences. We are developing missiles for more than 25 years and are capable to reach the range of 2500 km. But for political reasons we took only Yildirim IV with 1500 km range into inventory for defence . 2500 + or 5000+ km rockets will be used as space transport rockets and are devloped. It would be waste of ressources to develop higher range BM's cause we are producing and further developing Cruise Missiles, which are more precise.

For my opinion, we have enough power with thermobaric warheads and could need nuclear warheads only as last line defence. Maybe we have. I hope we will never see them in action;
but who knows if regional " Armageddon" happens ?

Already published by cabatli_53 :

Balistik Füzeler

- 1998 __________ Yildirim-I ( 150km+ )
- 1998/2008 _____ Yildirim-II ( 300km )
- 2008 __________ Yildirim-III ( 800-820km )
- 2012/2013______Yildirim-IV ( 1500km )
- 2014/2015 ______ Yildirim-V ( 2500km )

SOM Seyir Füzesi Ailesi

Turbo-jet motor ile SOM _______ ( 300km+ )
Yerli Turbo-jet motor ile SOM ___ (500km +)

-Karadan / Denizden / Havadan Atılan Varyosyanlar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo-fan Motor ile SOM Seyir Füzesi Varyasyonları (Tomahawk eşdeğeri)

Tahmini Menzil___1000km+

-Karadan / Denizden Atılan Varyasyonlar

Yerli Turbo-fan motor geliştirme tamamlanma süresi: 2017

Kaynak : cabatli_53

I don't know how trustable this foreign source is ? Yildirim V

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalPowers/duplicates/65xkg0/rd_j600t_yıldırım_v/

Interesting :

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/content/turkeys-nuclear-aspirations

Last edited:

they even don't allow to use ther trucks for missile systems. Why did we used Kamaz trucks from russians?

There is no limitation for domestic development and production, if you have the parts and technology

But there also some mystics,

1.Japan got SM-3 which has exo-atmospheric range (700 km)

2. Due to its non-member MTCR status Israel is unable to export its Shavit space launch system to foreign customers though in 1994 the US Clinton administration did allow an import waiver for US companies to buy the Shavit

3. Poland got 900 km range Cruise missile. ( Is this now not a missile ?)

The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) is a multilateral export control regime. It is an informal and voluntary partnership among 35 countries to prevent the proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle technology capable of carrying above 500 kg payload for more than 300 km.

In 2002, the MTCR was supplemented by the International Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation (ICOC), also known as the Hague Code of Conduct, which calls for restraint and care in the proliferation of ballistic missile systems capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction, and has 119 members, thus working parallel to the MTCR with less specific restrictions but with a greater membership.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom